Kings Island App!

Oldschool75

I downloaded the Kings Island My park app for my android. Very useful app. Has every thing from food menus, rides, maps, official KI twitter and FB links, show information. This is a awesome app. Does anyone know who created it ? author was wddonline.

**Edit** Here are some of the screenshots of the app.

230971_10150169205736486_726856485_7267010_1637611_n.jpg228320_10150169207046486_726856485_7267047_1760556_n.jpg230176_10150169207076486_726856485_7267048_5232449_n.jpg224251_10150169207126486_726856485_7267049_6324770_n.jpg

225620_10150169207161486_726856485_7267051_5065766_n.jpg222250_10150169211836486_726856485_7267082_1457216_n.jpg

226901_10150169207191486_726856485_7267052_5438687_n.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downloaded it and it looks pretty cool--great for a free app. It has a thing where you can keep a running tally of what rides you ride and it also has a thing that you can use to locate your vehicle at the end of the day. I think that partciular function would be usefuel pretty much anywhere where it's easy to forget where you parked...

Here's a QR code you can scan with your phone to go directly to the app in the market:

KI_MyPark.png

Apparently there's also an iPhone version available, so iPhone/iTouch/iPad users should search their market for it (I'm too lazy to fire up iTunes to find the URL to it right now :P)

Apparently the people who made these apps also designed the CF websites (the ones like KI's).

What's interesting is that on their website, CGA is listed as one of the businesses they've designed websites for but there's no link. Maybe they're getting a website overhaul sometime this/next year? NVM, it's just Haunt and stuff.

Edit: What would be cool is if it could tell you the wait times so you don't go all the way from Action Zone to Rivertown and see that Diamondback, The Beast, The Crypt (lol), BLSC, Vortex, and WindSeeker all have 2+ hour (for The Crypt, 1 hour, if that) waits. I think there's another amusement park app that does this with user input?

Edit 2: Or maybe KI could supply the wait times, as the app is pretty much official?

Downloaded the app just now for my Android phone...awesome app for those in the park. This app has a car locator feature. Just mark the spot when you get out of your car and you no longer have to remember the section you parked in...

EDIT: Someone already beat me to it on the car locator feature.

RideHopper is mostly focused on tracking and reporting wait times for rides. It also lets you view and report show times.

It does not have information about food options, a park map or park news. The MyPark app has more features.

I understand that. I was responding to quote "I think there's another amusement park app that does this with user input?" talking about a wait time app, which there is and it's called Ride Hopper.

I haven't tried yet, but judging by the permissions it requires, I'd say it can:

modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents

Allows an application to write to the USB storage. Allows an application to write to the SD card.

More details at http://market.android.com/details?id=com.wddonline.myParkKingsIsland or by scanning the QR code above with your phone.

I just searched for Kings Island. There are two apps that are free, one is a KI News and then KI My Park.

Cedar Point also have these apps!

So does Knotts!!! I downloaded the app last night its really Awesome!!!

Ok, don't everyone have a heart attack here, but I'm going to say something nice about Kings Island. This new My Park App is AWESOME! It looks very nice. Very nice graphics. Very well

done. It's got pics of the rides, facts of the rides. It has a car locator, so you can find your car at the end of the day! WOW! I've only misplaced my car at a park once, and that was at Cedar Point!

Won't happen anymore! You can carry this around like a fun guide, but it's much nicer than the fun guide. Before this, you could just go to the website and it would automatically send you to

a similar app on your I-phone. That was nice, too, but this is way more nice! I will give them a thumbs up for creating this app!

Who'd of thought the day, Electronic Fun Guides! Far cry from the hardback books Disneyland used to pass out in the 1960's! I have one of those old heirlooms!

Ok, don't everyone have a heart attack here, but I'm going to say something nice about Kings Island. This new My Park App is AWESOME! It looks very nice. Very nice graphics. Very well

done. It's got pics of the rides, facts of the rides. It has a car locator, so you can find your car at the end of the day! WOW! I've only misplaced my car at a park once, and that was at Cedar Point!

Won't happen anymore! You can carry this around like a fun guide, but it's much nicer than the fun guide. Before this, you could just go to the website and it would automatically send you to

a similar app on your I-phone. That was nice, too, but this is way more nice! I will give them a thumbs up for creating this app!

Who'd of thought the day, Electronic Fun Guides! Far cry from the hardback books Disneyland used to pass out in the 1960's! I have one of those old heirlooms!

Although, I do have a suggestion, and it is ONLY a suggestion, not a complaint. It would be nice if they had the food prices and such. That would be for all

the parks doing this, though. I know the paper version of the Fun Guide never published the prices of food and merch, so maybe that's why they didn't.

But, it would be nice if they did. That way, if you're there, and you're on a budget, you can see what you can afford to spend, while you are waiting in line

for a ride, and make your day go more efficient!

If anyone doesn't mind me asking what do yo guys pay per month for an iPhone?

Around $30 a month

Just for the data?

AT&T

450 Mins $39.99

Unl Text $20

iPhone Data: $15/200mb, $25 2gb

Total = $75 for the small data package, $85 for the larger

Verizon

450 Mins $39.99

Unl Text $20

Unl Data $30

Total = $90

As for the app... awesome! Seems a little buggy, but it's still pretty new. Can't wait to try it out in the park tomorrow!!!

I notice some of the food menus are wrong- some are missing things. It would also be nice if they had a short description for any food item that needed it. Rides look good- I wonder if there'll ever be the estimated wait time on the app? The car locator is also really neat.