Can you identify suspect in Kings Island assault?

KIfan73

I am by no means defending the reprehensible conduct alleged here. I MUST however point out that we should NOT automatically assume the reported incident occurred. It may not have. I am reminded of the numerous alleged incidents of day care abuse a couple of decades back. Years later the accusers in many of those cases admitted they were coached and the incidents were fabricated. This after many innocent people had paid the price.

Sexual abuse is wrong. Period. But an allegation does not necessary equate to reality.

This was my thought exactly, I really haven't followed the story to know if there are any witnesses, but if there are not than these people could be just trying to make a buck, I'm not saying that's the case, but I have a hard time believing that this happened and no one else would witness it

Park officials were told of the assault around 6:30 p.m., but they said they believe it occurred earlier and the child did not tell his mother right away. Nelson said they did not immediately release the information because they wanted to take the time to get the facts in order.

Sounds like KI reported the incident right away to Mason PD. I understand the need to get facts in order, but does it concern anyone else that it took 5 days to release the sketch and description?

I don't know what procedures were put into place to search the park for the suspect after the incident was reported that day. One would hope that searching began immediately with all security guards, Mason PD, and park police to be on the lookout for the suspect to at the very least question him regarding the incident.

We can only hope that they find the suspect on the security camera, verify their identity via credit card purchase or FBI database, and track them down to question him about the events of June 3.

I totally agree with Terp. Please let me add the following......

As a professional educator, I MUST report ANY allegations of abuse to law enforcement or I could be held accountable and lose my license. This includes any mention of abuse by anyone & any noticiable abuse actually witnessed or viewed by myself.

So even if this turns out to be a "non-story", it must be given full and complete attention.

The fact that the kid waited two hours to tell his mom says to me that it very well could have been. I imagine he was confused, scared, and ashamed. I can relate.

I had a teacher lock me in a room in 7th grade, all because I couldn't get a musical piece right. I never told anyone about it, and I just recently told my mom about the incident. Had my father known about it, he would probably still be in jail.

There are those out there who will make accusations for quick cash. This is known. It deserves a real thorough investigation and if guilty, the perv ought to have the maximum sentence out there. I am hoping the kid comes out ok as well.

I am by no means defending the reprehensible conduct alleged here. I MUST however point out that we should NOT automatically assume the reported incident occurred. It may not have. I am reminded of the numerous alleged incidents of day care abuse a couple of decades back. Years later the accusers in many of those cases admitted they were coached and the incidents were fabricated. This after many innocent people had paid the price.

Sexual abuse is wrong. Period. But an allegation does not necessary equate to reality.

So, the probabilities are now 1) The alleged victim is telling the truth and there's a dangerous predator walking the streets that needs taken down, or 2) This is a 'Balloon Boy' scenario and the reporting party made the whole thing up in order to gain something (fame, money, revenge, attention), or 3) the alleged victim made it all up.

1. If 1 is true, then there's a very dangerous criminal out there who needs to be taken off the streets right away;

2. If 2 is true, then I wonder if the alleged victim's recollection of the alleged perpetrator resembles a woman (because that's who gave him the alleged story); or

3. If 3 is true, then I wonder if the alleged victim is desperate to report someone else for abusing him elsewhere, but is deflecting to an imaginary situation out of some kind of fear, and that real perp needs to be revealed and captured immediately.

In any case, the alleged victim and his family need our thoughts and prayers that they are safe, that he will recover and live a great life, and that the police can capture the alleged suspect quickly.

...but I have a hard time believing that this happened and no one else would witness it

Am I the only one who has had a whole restroom at the park all to myself...or just maybe one other person on several occasions?

I am hoping the kid comes out ok as well.

Same here...I can't even imagine how this type of an incident scars a kid.

Which is why we should refrain from jumping to conclusions at this point. Everyone should allow the detectives to complete their investigation, which takes time....... Then, as American citizens, we should closely examine what those detectives,who are paid with our tax dollars, did (or did not) do before forming any opinion....

I can't find a link on their website but this story hit our local news tonight here in Knoxville TN. WBIR was the channel it was on and I must say it painted a negative view on the park. I really hope this doesn't hurt the park, truth is sadly it could happen anywhere if it did even happen.