Paramount's Kings Island Media Footage and 1994 Commercial Videos

paramountfan

Thanks for posting these videos. It's nice to take a trip down memory lane to the glory days of Paramount. Note: I said the glory days of Paramount, referring to the time before Viacom and later CBS made a mess of things. The glory years of the the park are entirely different IMO.

However, in posting these you've kind of proven me wrong. The first 10 seconds of the first video show the park's phone number was 513-573-5800. Back in April I said:

But their local number was always 754 even before Paramount!

Before Paramount, the park shared the local 398 prefix. 754 came along a few years after Paramount bought the park.

So before the 754 prefix, it was the other Mason prefix 573. However, I do believe when I first started at the park in 1989 the phone number started with 398 so I'm going to say I'm still right and that you just expanded on what I said before! :lol:

Thanks for posting these videos. It's nice to take a trip down memory lane to the glory days of Paramount. Note: I said the glory days of Paramount, referring to the time before Viacom and later CBS made a mess of things. The glory years of the the park are entirely different IMO.

However, in posting these you've kind of proven me wrong. The first 10 seconds of the first video show the park's phone number was 513-573-5800. Back in April I said:

Before Paramount, the park shared the local 398 prefix. 754 came along a few years after Paramount bought the park.

So before the 754 prefix, it was the other Mason prefix 573. However, I do believe when I first started at the park in 1989 the phone number started with 398 so I'm going to say I'm still right and that you just expanded on what I said before! :lol:

I am inclined to agree with you. CBS did make a mess of things for sure. I will always be partial to Paramount Communications/Viacom's ownership of the parks. I am a little bias, I suppose. LOL However, I will say that they could have done so much more with them. Just my opinion.

It was indeed 398 at one time: http://www.themeparkbrochures.net/1991/pki1991_4.html