Blue Ice Cream

FOFreak

Okay, this may seem like a really random topic to you all. But I have been going to Holiday World all my life, and every single time I go, I have to stop by Udderly Blue's Ice Cream and get myself some blue ice cream.

I've heard that Kings Island also has Udderly Blue's Ice Cream?? Is this true? Because if it is, I HAVE to stop by on my trip this Tuesday to get some :)

I used to be the biggest fan ever of the Blue "ice cream" at Kings Island (I had to put quotations to please Interpreter, since technically it isn't real ice cream lol) but this season the ice cream has changed. It used to be really creamy and delicious, now it is almost...."icy", that's the best way I can describe it. It isn't anything like it used to be.

I used to be the biggest fan ever of the Blue "ice cream" at Kings Island (I had to put quotations to please Interpreter, since technically it isn't real ice cream lol) but this season the ice cream has changed. It used to be really creamy and delicious, now it is almost...."icy", that's the best way I can describe it. It isn't anything like it used to be.

I agree, the cones we had a few weeks ago were not the same as what we had last year.

But after you see the price of $3.75 assigned to a small cone, what will you do?

Turn to page 67 if you would buy the ice cream anyway.

Turn to page 32 if you would instead leave the park and get $1.10 soft serve down the street.

• Like 1

But after you see the price of $3.75 assigned to a small cone, what will you do?

Turn to page 32 if you would instead leave the park and get $1.10 soft serve down the street.

Purchase it just like everyone else in the what seems to always be a 10 minute line or longer. I may not like it, but I know to expect higher prices at the park. It seems that most families that visit KI accept that fact judging by the lines at food stands. This is no different than going to a ball game at a local stadium. Same situation, different venue. I would still wager to guess there are a lot more people eating in park than outside at the cooler or elsewhere.

I'll take page 32.

jcgoble3, who still occasionally enjoys a Choose Your Own Adventure book (and whose New Year's resolution was to never eat inside KI again)

I didn't know that they served KI's blue ice cream down the street.

Wait, which kind?

The original?

Or the soft serve that has a blueberry flavor?

Or the icy configuration that people are describing this season?

Worth its weight in gold either way, I'm sure. :wacko:

GYK, who didn't intend to start another "food is too expensive at Kings Island" argument or to point out how Kings Island price : quality ratio compares to similar venues, but rather to add a little bit of choose-your-adventure humor to a touchy subject. Thanks, jcgoble3!

Page 67

You give your $3.75 to the cashier, and he soon hands you your blue ice cream cone. You go to the nearest bench to enjoy this treat. Even though you typically complain about Cedar Fair's food prices, even as recently as yesterday, as soon as you take your first taste of the sweetness that is the blue ice cream you are quickly reminded that it is one of the few food items at Kings Island that you will gladly hand over money for without reservation. The $1.10 soft serve from down the street just doesn't compare to that blueberry goodness.

As you work your way down to the cone, you get lost deep in memories of your childhood, remembering all those trips from long ago when your mom would buy you a blue ice cream cone as that special treat you just had to have every time. Before you know it, you look down at your hand and you've eaten the entire thing. The thought flashes through your mind to get another, but you quickly suppress that because you really don't need the extra calories. Besides, after relaxing with a cool treat, you're now in the mood to get the adrenaline going again.

Turn to page 47 if you want to ride Delirium next.

Turn to page 39 if you want to go to Diamondback.

Page 67

Turn to page 47 if you want to ride Delirium next.

Turn to page 39 if you want to go to Diamondback.

Where is this book we are jumping pages around in? laugh.gif

Well from a logistical standpoint, if I get my blue ice cream in AZ I will do 47 and then 39. If I get my blue ice cream in PS 39 and then 47.

(This emoting works for us eating our blue ice cream! tongue.gif)

Where is this book we are jumping pages around in? laugh.gif

I know you're a little younger than me, but please tell me you remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books! :lol: I used to love those things! http://en.wikipedia....r_Own_Adventure I don't know, maybe they weren't as popular by the time you got to elementary school...

Can't say it jogs any memories gator. Sorry! wink.gif

Last year, they were very similar. I have not been to Holiday World this year. I have been to Kings Island. The soft serve at KI this year is new and improved. This old Luddite wishes they had left well enough alone. I have little doubt the new product has a lower food cost. As far as I am concerned, that's probably the nicest thing that can be said of it. Icy cream. Yes, icy. Certainly not creamy ice.