Coney Mall over the years

KIfan73

Guest rcfreak339

The Racer still gives Coney Mall the old-time amusement park look. If it leaves, there will be so much lost out of Coney Mall!

If The Racer ever left much of Kings Island in general would be lost.

If Racer ever left Kings Island, chances are Kings Island would be closed and out of business. It's kind of like that Love and Marriage song they do in Way Too Much TV. You can't have one, you can't have one, no you can't have one without the other!

The Racer was the original "big" ride at Kings Island. I doubt we will ever see it going away. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it the only ride featured on the Brady Bunch episode that is still there?

Guest rcfreak339

I wonder how much of the original Racer still makes up the present day Racer...

More then you would think, although many things have changed through the years. I really wish they could give it a paint job though...it would make Coney 10x better.

If Kings Island keeps maintaining The Racer like they have been, which is VERY good, it wouldnt suprise me one but to see it last forever (same can be said for The Beast)

• 2 years later...

It was my first time at the park for years last summer and the state of The Racer nearly made me cry. I know it's just paint, but it was embarrassing. I wanted to show off to my British husband how cool The Racer was and the hisotry and it just looked completely uncared for. Especially with all the pretty shiny new rides, tell me they will at least paint the thing??

• Like 4

The still stink no matter where they came from! Took all the fun out of the woodies when your bum doesn't get any air.

Sorry, don't mean to snark. It's not your fault obviously. I didn't even realize the PTC was still around and what would warrant them going back to redesign the safety? Did something ACTUALLY happen?

Great pictures and history of our beloved part of the park, and who knows what its future holds, or really where it all started on the Ohio we are so lucky to have two Coney Island's a Coney Mall, and a Coney Island that seems it well never die!

My thoughts will Kings Island finally go with a complete revamp of Coney mall to say a whole new land incorporate the XBASE, the gift is today the blessing the present who knows what tomorrow will hold.

We are just so fortunate that our racer is still working and Coney Mall still has the monster, the scrambler, and shake rattle and roll!