Comfort

ki4evr

Does anyone think board shorts would be comfy to wear through the rest of the park other than Boomerang Bay? Also Sandals or sneakers? Walking around after getting wet from the canyon or congo while wearing jeans or sneakers might not be good.

Board shorts would be good if you are planning on doing water rides. Sandals are a good toughness test. It's pretty hard to walk around all day in sandals, but like I said, if you are planning on doing water rides, probably a safer bet. Either that or bring a change of shoes.

I have tried Backyard BBQ before and It was a very good deal. The food was very fresh especially the pulled pork. Though be prepared to be alone or with little amount of people. The only complaints I have are there are bees by the pop fountain but they don't sting and the buns are stale but these are all things that are apart of a real backyard picnic.

If you plan on wearing sandals to the park, make sure they are really broken in. By "really broken in", I mean that the sole should have essentially formed to your feet. On a good broken-in pair of sandals, you should be able to, after they have been sitting overnight, run your hand across the sole and feel depressions in it where it has formed to your feet. These depressions should be especially noticeable at your heels, the balls of your feet, and possibly your big toes as well. Once sandals have formed to to your feet, they can actually be quite comfortable even for walking around for a whole day, but until then, they can be a royal pain in the ass foot.

I usually wear flip flops or sandals to the park during the summer :) Occasionally my feet will be a bit sore, but that could be part of the running I do...and the only other issue is my foot might get a bit irritated from one area on my flip flop, but sandals shouldn't have that issue :) I would imagine board shorts would be comfy enough. Another option is a thin pair of athletic shorts, which usually dry pretty well...DON'T wear cargo shorts tho!

...DON'T wear cargo shorts tho!

I can second that. I wore cargo shorts to the park one day in May and ran through all of the water rides about 2:00. The shorts were still wet the next day. I prefer athletic shorts if I plan on riding water rides.

I was so miserable that I actually left after only a couple hours!

Yeah I'm def not gonna wear any type of cargos! I'll just take you guys advice and wear recommended shorts and I got a pair of Nike sandals (non thong) that a thick and gel like.

I have tried Backyard BBQ before and It was a very good deal. The food was very fresh especially the pulled pork. Though be prepared to be alone or with little amount of people. The only complaints I have are there are bees by the pop fountain but they don't sting and the buns are stale but these are all things that are apart of a real backyard picnic.

A REAL backyard picnic= Burgers not chicken fingers :)

I made the mistake of wearing a new pair of Sandals to the park once. OUCH. Never again.