August Announcement?

jdawg1998

On WLWT at 5 they were talking about WindSeeker being open, then after this they said "and the park plans on announcing a new attraction in August, along with a Dinosaurs Alive! expansion".

It seems like only WLWT said that.....

Sorry, I don't have a link. Once they were done talking about WindSeeker the anchors said "and Kings Island is also going to announce something in August."

I know it may seem like I'm trying to get attention, but this is real!

Right... After all, we've gotten two coasters without a 'real' fix for Son of Beast already... And you may have answered your own question, sccard01.. If the price to take yet another chance on Son of Beast is comparable to the price to add a nice Intamin Accelerator coaster a la Maverick... Which would you choose? Or more importantly, which would the public choose? Which would be more marketable and ultimately lead to the best financial standings for the park? I can't honestly say. I personally think that a worthwhile change to Son of Beast (major layout alteration, Iron Horse track, etc) would be a big draw. But I can't say for sure if it's the best course of action for the park.

We can only have confidence that research will be done prior to a decision being made to ensure that the park knows what is best.

Perhaps they will finish off the complete rework of the park and continue onto Action Zone. Perhaps they will finish off the wooden roller coaster that has been sitting in Action Zone empty for two and a half years now...

Or of course a water park re-innovation is due at this point. Always a loose end to be tied up at Kings Island! But it's good to hear that WindSeeker is open, and I'm looking forward to it Saturday morning.

Isn't the park lagging behind too much for a large coaster to debut at the start of next season? Seeing as Dollywood already has land cleared and parts being delivered for their 2012 Coaster.

Not really Firehawk did not break ground till after the season was over. All depends on what type of coaster. Anyone think we are getting another used coaster?

Isn't the park lagging behind too much for a large coaster to debut at the start of next season? Seeing as Dollywood already has land cleared and parts being delivered for their 2012 Coaster.

Dollywood also has a much smaller off-season. It's open August, September, October, November, and December with only a few days off here and there. They also usually open the last weeks of March, so they have a 3 month off-season compared to Kings Island's 5-6 month. Not sure if that has anything to do with their construction timetable, but I'd imagine it does... I would think they'd want to get as much done as they could earlier in the year so they could finish up early and put the finishing touches in the late winter.