August Announcement?

jdawg1998

Well, I looked back and saw that we saw signs of Diamondback in may, so a Big Hunkin Major coaster is out of the plan, but we are still in June, a smaller coaster or a large flat could still be coming............. If we don't see any signs of a coaster by middle of July, I think it is safe to rule out a coaster

That is, of course, unless that coaster is already standing..tongue.gif

Me and my uncle where in the park this morning just to see Dinosaurs Alive! and the 3D movie Because He has never seen a 3D movie before. So after the walk we headed to Action Theater. While in line we where discussing SOB and its closure and why it should re-open. But the employee that handed us our 3D glasses said

"Do you want to know what is happening to Son of Beast?"

Because I was so eager I said

"yes!" but then he said "Well I don't If I'm allowed to tell you this but...." I stopped him right there and I told him

"No, I don't want you fired and I'll stay safe."

After that conversation we entered the theater but before the actual film there was an 3D ad for the new Dinosaur-themed FOX show Terra Nova. Also the Dino-Dig site is presented by Terra Nova. Remember 10 years ago Lara Croft was a new movie. At the same time TRTR was announced to the GP.

So maybe a SOB overhaul AND Terra Nova- the Ride?!

Sometimes reading into things may reveal an enCRYPTed message. Other times not so much. Which here? I think I'll just coast on. . .

Another gem of a response from Terpy. I do wish there was a like button on here. You make me laugh frequently.

• Like 1

Sometimes reading into things may reveal an enCRYPTed message. Other times not so much. Which here? I think I'll just coast on. . .

Another gem of a response from Terpy. I do wish there was a like button on here. You make me laugh frequently.

After years of lurking and recent posting I still can't unCRYPT his messages. But a Dino-themed family coaster has been long overdue to the park since I was 4-years old. :)

• Like 1

As pointed out by KIfan1980 in this post, a search of the Warren County Auditor's website produces this note hidden in the "Memos" page of Kings Island's file: "SEE ALSO RTG 16C-2-3 FOR 'WAVE POOL'." The rest of the memos page mentions recent changes to the park, but I know of no changes that were made to the wave pool, so one can only wonder if this is a sign of Boomerang Bay improvements for 2012.

As pointed out by KIfan1980 in this post, a search of the Warren County Auditor's website produces this note hidden in the "Memos" page of Kings Island's file: "SEE ALSO RTG 16C-2-3 FOR 'WAVE POOL'." The rest of the memos page mentions recent changes to the park, but I know of no changes that were made to the wave pool, so one can only wonder if this is a sign of Boomerang Bay improvements for 2012.

If any changes were made to the Wave Pool, then it could of been to the motors or anything that we don't see.

^ Perspective, my friend.

Now, concerning the "wave pool" note:

In 2006, Cedar Fair added a second wave pool to Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom and a second to Dorney Park's Wildwater Kingdom.

Kings Dominion's first and Great America's second wave pool were added in 2007 under Cedar Fair.

Carowinds' second one was added in 2008 under Cedar Fair.

In 2009, Breakers Bay wave pool was constructed at Valleyfair.

Michigan's Adventure also has two wave pools...

GYK, who is only saying that Cedar Fair has a thing for wave pools, and may very well see a second one as a necessity at its high attendance parks... They "beefed up" the dry parks with B&M hypers, now perhaps they're "beefing up" the water parks with double wave pools...

^ Perspective, my friend.

Now, concerning the "wave pool" note:

In 2006, Cedar Fair added a second wave pool to Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom and a second to Dorney Park's Wildwater Kingdom.

Kings Dominion's first and Great America's second wave pool were added in 2007 under Cedar Fair.

Carowinds' second one was added in 2008 under Cedar Fair.

In 2009, Breakers Bay wave pool was constructed at Valleyfair.

Michigan's Adventure also has two wave pools...

GYK, who is only saying that Cedar Fair has a thing for wave pools, and may very well see a second one as a necessity at its high attendance parks... They "beefed up" the dry parks with B&M hypers, now perhaps they're "beefing up" the water parks with double wave pools...

Let me rephrase...I expect nothing thrilling. WindSeeker is a nice relaxing sightseeing ride, there is nothing wrong with Planet Snoopy, and kids like dinosaurs. But, as a thrillseeker, I expect nothing that will appeal to my taste.

See, this is what I'm wondering. If, IF, their was going to be a new coaster, I don't care where, we would probably see signs somewhere! But, if I'm not wrong, they announced a new ride for 2011 like 2 days before releasing all the details. And that was in august. I have thought about this "August Announcment" for a long time and I'm really quite confused...

Not to repeat myself again but I was thinking what would make a great investment to our park and may not require as much time and testing as new crazy rides? Transplanting rides from other parks with new themes and paint. True not everyone will agree with recycling rides from other parks but surely the cost would be lower and the effect on line reduction would be instant. Think about it, T2, Thunder Run, Twisted Twins, many other HUSS flat style rides. Kentucky Kingdom seems to be focusing on reopening the water park side of things and not on the Amusement Park side. Not sure of cost but 15 million for all the rides and recycle them to CF parks I am sure they can decide who gets what based on priority.

I really doubt they would buy all the rides from KK. I believe they are TRYING to find a plan to open the amusement side in the future. Now whether trying goes into actions I can't say that but that's a whole other topic. IF that did happen I would love to see Twisted Twins, as I love CCI wooden roller coasters, but we already have a wooden needing fixing.... but again whole other topic.

-MagmMForce247 :)

We should make a trade with Knoebles - our Son of Beast for their Flying Turns. The seem to have good results re-constructing coasters and King's Island could then still claim another woodie!

On WLWT at 5 they were talking about WindSeeker being open, then after this they said "and the park plans on announcing a new attraction in August, along with a Dinosaurs Alive! expansion".

It seems like only WLWT said that.....

KI must forsee a great future with Dinos Alive to expand on it hmmm. As for a new attraction well it's gonna be interesting to find out what it could be, maybe they'll get rid of that Thunder Alley that's a wasting space.

maybe we are getting the chaos that was up at Cedar Point....i loved that ride and sad to see it go

Chance had a lot of problems with those, particularly one in Michigan's Adventure that decided to take a stroll down the midway one day. Other US park chains removed theirs years ago. I think the Point's was the last one in the US. I cannot imagine them relocating that thing within Cedar Fair.

^ Are you serious?! Part of me finds that hilarious, and part of me thinks that would be the most terrifying thing possible for riders and regular guests to have a giant Chaos wheel rolling down the midway. Where was/is it located in the park?