August Announcement?

jdawg1998

We need some new body slides, and possibly a water coaster. What Boomerang Bay REALLY needs is a ride similar to Hidden Rapids at The Beach Waterpark! That attraction is my favorite one there lol

So as people think about a rumored BB upgrade, they'll start getting their hopes up for a water coaster, new slide complex, etc... Somewhere in this thread are hints toward a 2nd Wave Pool - be prepared for disappointment.

Also, as you look at the map and layout of BB, it is already fairly long, so expansion may be in an unexpected direction - parking lot?

Aaaaaaand Lance Hart does it again:

icon_STOP.gif2012 - Boomerang Bay Expansion - Rumor - (8/9/11) In a strange move, I'm told that Kings Island's big makeover for Boomerang Bay may be more in name only and not so much on the attraction side of things. Yep… even though the park's last big expansion saw the new name of Boomerang Bay put on it, now I'm told they will likely rename the park as Soak City. As far as the expansion / upgrade goes, the only new attraction I'm aware of so far will be a new large wave pool. I'd hope for more slides to be added, but dropping in a wave pool by itself seems to fit the Cedar Fair pattern from the past few years where they did the same thing to Carowinds and Valleyfair. (I'm thinking these kinds of projects help pay for themselves right away, because with new wave pools comes prime real estate to put down private cabana rentals, which have been a top priority for waterparks in general the past few years as they are fetching a huge premium price from guests willing to pay for private access into a simple "tents".

I'm really, REALLY hoping they don't change the name to Soak City. That's about as generic a name/theme as one can get. Say what you will about a second wave pool possibly being the only new thing installed, but I don't want to see the Aussie theme get axed for a generic setup just to make it look like every other park in the chain (although Paramount did the exact same thing in redoing the water parks to become Boomerang Bay).

What if Boomerang Bay got a 300ft water coaster?! But instead of going up a lift hill it launches you using LIMs!! THAT WOULD BE INSANE!! It seems like they might build that.

(waiting for Lance....)

Nah, Screamscape is a cool site. I won't pick. :)

What if Boomerang Bay got a 300ft water coaster?! But instead of going up a lift hill it launches you using LIMs!! THAT WOULD BE INSANE!! It seems like they might build that.

(waiting for Lance....)

Nah, Screamscape is a cool site. I won't pick. smile.gif

I have wondered why there is not a launched water coaster. If the use LIMs out on the course why not use them on the lift hill?