August Announcement?

jdawg1998

Well, so far the score is:

Canada's Wonderland: 28

Cedar Point: 1

Hopefully Kings Island will get on the board before the end of the month. Dorney has said they are announcing soon.

Dorney is getting the Invertigo from CGA.

And it is really no surprise what Dorney Park is getting in 2012. They are simply getting the Vekoma Invertigo that used to reside out at California`s Adventure. They had the site cleared and were doing preliminary site work for Dorney`s new attraction when I was there back in mid-July.

You are setting yourself up for Anticipointment.

Eh, not really. I'm not expecting a new coaster or anything - even though I think they desperately need a new wooden twister to replace SOB. All I meant in my post is that next year would be the opportune time to give us another record-breaking coaster, instead of simply a flat ride. Maybe we will get one in 2013, who knows. Just saying it should be next year so as to coincide with the milestone anniversary, that's all.

And who knows...they still haven't announced anything yet, so any and all talk about next year's new thing is mere speculation at this point.

Really guys, think about it. We have had absolutley no signs of a new ride for 2012, not even a set announcement date. WindSeeker last year was announced what, about a week from now?

Do NOT get excited.

Although I am excited for HH's new mazes, and I bet those are the only new attractions we will be getting.

WindSeeker was announced in February if I remember? And, If we want to excited let us. You can't stop someone from not doing it.

DA! was announced in March, if that is what you are thinking.

And I am not stopping you from getting excited, I just don't want to see everyone disappointed.

Actually, WindSeeker caught many of us by surprise last year, as the summer was coming to a close and KI made an announcement about a ride announcement just a day or two before the ride announcement. (Was that clear?) :wacko:

• Like 1

I dont know wtheck a Mat Racer slide is, since im not into water parks, but I know many of you want a BB update next year, so perhaps this is a sign they will add some new stuff to it! And we can totally say we had Dinos FIRST! HA! Eat that Cedar Point...lol. :3

Yeah, if you have visited the Halloweekends Terror Island outdoor maze, you'll know that Millennium Island is about half the size of the current land where Dinosaurs Alive is at KI. It will be some work to get everything to fit I think.

As for KI, I'm at a total loss. I'm stunned that CP could be so completely boring with their improvements. I don't think they have ever gotten a "cloned" attraction from another park, especially one in the same state! I have no clue what they will announce for KI, but as stated above, it doesn't look good. Hopefully they will get a replacement for the largest dino that burned in May. I can't believe they still have it listed in the park map, but it is missing from the attraction!

Remember Firehawk was announced on February 5, 2007 and construction didn't even start until after the park closed. A couple of questions, when did Cedar Point begin construction on Raptor or Mantis? Was it after the park closed? And yes I know Firehawk is a relocated coaster too.

Both Raptor & Mantis were built after the park closed for the season, however I remember the track for Mantis arrived ahead of time. You may recall that the Mill Race was remeoved to make way for Raptor whereas the area for Mantis only required a modification to the train's tracks.

WindSeeker was announced in February if I remember? And, If we want to excited let us. You can't stop someone from not doing it.

DA! was announced in March, if that is what you are thinking.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I got them mixed up.