August Announcement?

jdawg1998

when reading this blog:

http://www.bizjourna...new.html?page=2

the president and future ceo says that they are making a fall announcement and it is about the 40th

Lol I love this part -

And although there are no immediate plans to offer fast passes — which are premium tickets that allow customers to skip long ride lines – Cedar Fair could sell these passes in the future, Ouimet said, adding that revenue from the higher priced passes could help keep regular ticket prices down.

when reading this blog:

http://www.bizjourna...new.html?page=2

the president and future ceo says that they are making a fall announcement and it is about the 40th

Lol I love this part -

And although there are no immediate plans to offer fast passes — which are premium tickets that allow customers to skip long ride lines – Cedar Fair could sell these passes in the future, Ouimet said, adding that revenue from the higher priced passes could help keep regular ticket prices down.

Funny! But really do they think immediate means within a day?

^ I stand corrected. It's an interesting question though; would Cedar Fair install something that is the "biggest" in another park other than CP? I doubt it.

It's been discussed on here about how bad Cedar Fair wanted Kings Island. Could we begin to see the results of that in the near future?

^ I stand corrected. It's an interesting question though; would Cedar Fair install something that is the "biggest" in another park other than CP? I doubt it.

It's been discussed on here about how bad Cedar Fair wanted Kings Island. Could we begin to see the results of that in the near future?

My interpretation of that has always been "we need to buy Kings Island to make sure it does not challenge Cedar Point as a destination park in the region" not "we need to buy Kings Island so we can make it just as thrilling/good/well known/etc. as Cedar Point." Just my opinion though, perhaps I am way off.

From KI Twitter:

Good night, everyone! Back at it in the morning with some Labor Day weekend news.

We shall see...

That's cool I hope that this isn't something stupid like Fast Lane Extreme. Pay $100 and you get to make faces at people in the line.

HAHA! Oh that made me giggle quite a bit.

Actually, I am holding out for Major League Eating to come back. It was disgusting, yet entertaining. LOL

Remember what news organization this came from. I trust WLWT as much as a complete stranger.

Well... The rumors started from what WLWT said but then a quote from KI stated that the August announcement had something to do with Halloween Haunt.

They got the breast cancer thing out of the way, they have 2012 season passes to worry about plus Haunt. I'm willing to go as far as saying that the actual 2012 announcement won't be anytime in the very near future.

Speaking of Haunt:

Information about Haunt and the website will be available around or right after Labor Day.

Taken from the park's Facebook. So, anywhere between September 1st and September 11th is when they'll decide to give out the information for Haunt XI V (forgot that KI decided not to count '00 through '06 in the Halloween festivities, but Kings Dominion and Carowinds does).

^ That is really strange that Kings Dominion and Carowinds count it, but Kings Island does.... Was there Halloween festivals better than ours? It's probably soemthing that I shouldn't suspect anything on except a error in communication.

Posted above is stated that Cedar Fair wanted to purchase KI so they could keep competition down. I hope that motive has changed for a Business standpoint since if I remember KI is more profitable than CP. In a business standpoint you would want to improve KI more than CP, but without killing Cedar Point. The thing is Kings Island has the large local attention, compared to Cedar Point, which is more of a destination resort. Kings Island has the ability to grow local business more than Cedar Point, considering that Kings Island is close to Cincinnati, which is larger than Sandusky. I hope they plan to make Kings Island a larger destination park, as it has the potential, since our attendance is growing compared to CP's where i believe has been maintained for the past years. I just think from a business point that KI would be smarter to Invest into.

-MagmMForce247 :)

I've never heard that CF wanted to keep the competition down. Well, I've heard it, but only from Geauga Lake conspiracy theory folks. ;)

Most of the reports I've heard is that CF knew the Paramount Parks were for sale and looked into it. Supposedly KI was the "crown jewel" that Kinzel wanted to get. I'm not surprised; Kings Island does a huge amount of seasonal operations and is in a great market/location. If anything, KI is why CF overpaid for the parks because Kinzel had to have it.

I would think that would all depend on what provisions are in the Kinzels' respective contracts.

If anyone could look me in the eye and somberly attest that Barton Kinzel is the most qualified person available to run Carowinds and was selected without regard to his relationship to the then CEO and Chairman, well, then, I would NOT want to play poker with that person!

• Like 3

But wait, haven't we heard that transporting a roller coaster from one park to another costs nearly as much as purchasing a new one? The old ride has to be de-constructed precisely, transported literally from coast-to-coast, repainted, re-built from the ground up, tested, staffed... Maybe not $15 million or anything, but wouldn't the relocation of Invertigo from California's Great America cost more than one million? Perhaps not, because I don't know what either FACE/OFF or Invertigo cost initially (though, I believe Action Zone's two year re-make being a reported $40, and Son of Beast being $20 million worth of that. That leaves $20 million to be spread among FACE/OFF, Drop Zone, and the cosmetic re-do).

Still doesn't sound like transporting a coaster could come in under a million... If it did, we could switch our entire fleet with Wonderland's and give people some new experiences for a cool $30 million!

EDIT: Or was that relocation-cost figure part of the promotion machine and not a real fact? Either way, a million sounds very cheap.