August Announcement?

jdawg1998

^I agree with GYK as far as the price of relocating Inverti-Face-Go-Off. I would think it would have to be more then a million. I'm sure the transportation costs alone are insane. With what has been announced so far this year it does seem like there may be room for one more 'big' project in the budget somewhere. (Not $28 million big, but perhaps $8-$12 million big.) Though I kept thinking that last year too and turned out to be wrong.

Even though I haven't been to Boomerang Bay in more than a decade I would be happy with an addition over there. It seems to be a decent draw and if it shortens the lines for the dry park a tad thats fine by me.

As for the rest of the chain, I would bet we will see a WindSeeker at KD either this year or next as well as the dinos. I know WoF was also rumored at one point to be on the candidate list for a WindSeeker. VF reportedly had a record level of season passes sold this year and they haven't had a significant thrill ride added in a few years so maybe they are due. I would think CGA and MA would get smaller additions as seems to have become the norm (I would kill for a Drop Tower/space shot of some type at MA - it would fit perfectly and give them a good thrilling flat ride). Knotts also seems like it may be due for another big addition. Guess we will find out soon!

P.S. I'm on my work computer and for some reason the little red spell check line isn't showing up so if I missed a few spelling errors I'm sorry.

Still doesn't sound like transporting a coaster could come in under a million... If it did, we could switch our entire fleet with Wonderland's and give people some new experiences for a cool $30 million!

EDIT: Or was that relocation-cost figure part of the promotion machine and not a real fact? Either way, a million sounds very cheap.

Kinzel, at one point (shortly after Carolina Cobra and Dominator were evicted from Aurora), said that it costs them "about $0.50 on the dollar" to relocate a ride, versus buying new. A former Paramount Park exec said that relocating a ride costs "nearly as much" as buying new. The big difference I see here is the distance and transport costs: The Geauga coasters moved a relatively short distance (ME/CC moved a longer ways, but is a much smaller, and thus easier to transport, ride), while Paramount's experience saw them move the complex Stealth flying dutchman literally from coast-to-coast. While CGA's Invertigo is making a long trip, it's compact size and short layout should ease on transportation costs a bit.

i just thought of this what is the possibility they have been building a coaster right under our noses??? I remember a while back hearing about them clearing land to expand the Dinosaur Park. what if that is a lie and not a lie at the same time what if they are building a dino themed rollercoaster???

• Like 1

This is from their Facebook page so maybe this was their announcement:

It has been confirmed that the shaking felt in Southern Ohio on Tuesday was not related to the earthquake. It was the Ruyang Yellow River dinosaur being unearthed in Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island. This dinosaur is the world's largest animatronic dinosaur, measuring an incredible 72 feet long, 12 feet wide and more than 40 feet high! And there's only one place to see it. Dinosaurs Alive! at Kings Island Labor Day Weekend, September 2-5.

I was able to talk with a Kings Island representative tonight and I asked when can the members expect to hear about the rumored August announcement for whats new for 2012. The response was; "Kings Island still has things to announce for this year to be excited about".

I would not put any stock into the WLWT rumored announcement it seems they were told that those announcements are done typically in the Fall and they said August. It seems Kings Island officials are very excited about something for this year still so stay tuned!!!!!

My post #301 of this thread is the last official word we have heard of this issue from the park. As said then do not anticipate a August announcement as factual because of something WLWT reported.

rip-phantomtheater, and all other people that do the same, just because there is a pattern you find does not mean we will get a new ride. Kings Island never said "a new coaster will come out every two years!". They build whenever they think it's time to.

I do believe it is possible that KI will get nothing new for 2012, despite the 40th anniversary. SoB will still be SBNO, and the only things that do involve the anniversary will be shows and ceremonies. Perhaps some park improvements would be in the works.

Why do I believe this? Look at Cedar Point. In 2 years, they get the same stuff KI got in one year. And they have removed more rides/attractions (Demon Drop, Chaos, Paddlewheel Excursions) than they have added (WindSeeker, Dinosaurs Alive) as of now and next year. This doesn't include the Soak City area. I haven't been there since 2007 (when Maverick opened), and I have no plans to go next year.

Don't get your hopes up for Kings Island. All they might do is change the name of Boomerang Bay to Soak City. You may be better off going to Canada.

I'm almost positive that we'll get something next year, that doesn't mean its a roller coaster or even a new ride, maybe they will redo an area, or put in a museum for the parks history (we have gone a long ways in just 40 years), or maybe we'll get a giant present that has a happy birthday sign inside, but Kings Island needs something to keep people going even if its something cheap that will only last a few years, it will draw people to the park.