August Announcement?

jdawg1998

noitcerid etisoppo tcaxe eht ni gnikool trats ot sdeen dna gnorw si ydobyreve kniht i tsap eht no desab

ROFL! I actually used Google Translate on this before I figured it out for myself. Detected it as Spanish. :)

XD it's not spanish silly. at least it's not in

Phonetic

?niaga txet sdrawkcab gnisu ew era yhW

¿ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıop ǝʍ ǝɹɐ 'ʇxǝu

Maybe one of the announcements is the resurrection of the Recar! ;)

Anyway, let's get back to the topic on hand.

Here are my theories about the 2012 answer.

1. Three new dinosaurs. That's it. Sorry for such a lame addition, but considering the way CP has been treated...

2. Three new Boomerang Bay attractions. The three "?" balloons are a watery color (well, water given the reflection from the sky, so it may be that. The main park gets nothing new.

3. Three letters. S. O. B. A refit would take place. Perhaps a GCI/GG refit, a Texas Giant refit, replacing the second hill and Rose Bowl with a series of El Toro-like hills...

4. Dino Expansion, Boomerang Bay addition, and SOB refit put together.

I can't expect anything more. From what I know, land has not been cleared for any flat ride, let alone a roller coaster. Boomerang Bay could be renamed Soak City, with the addition being a new, large wave pool (that's a Screamscape rumor, though). I was raised on Cedar Point, dating back to Mill Race and Sky Slide, so I am more attached to it. I feel that to give anything more to KI than these things would be unfair to CP (which, BTW, has removed more attractions than it has added as of recently :( ).

Hmmm he doesn't appear to be in the woods near Dinosaurs Alive, there is clearly a wide open area of grass in the background. lol I guess that doesn't mean much though, this picture was probably staged

?niaga txet sdrawkcab gnisu ew era yhW

¿ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıop ǝʍ ǝɹɐ 'ʇxǝu

Maybe one of the announcements is the resurrection of the Recar! ;)

Anyway, let's get back to the topic on hand.

Here are my theories about the 2012 answer.

1. Three new dinosaurs. That's it. Sorry for such a lame addition, but considering the way CP has been treated...

2. Three new Boomerang Bay attractions. The three "?" balloons are a watery color (well, water given the reflection from the sky, so it may be that. The main park gets nothing new.

3. Three letters. S. O. B. A refit would take place. Perhaps a GCI/GG refit, a Texas Giant refit, replacing the second hill and Rose Bowl with a series of El Toro-like hills...

4. Dino Expansion, Boomerang Bay addition, and SOB refit put together.

I can't expect anything more. From what I know, land has not been cleared for any flat ride, let alone a roller coaster. Boomerang Bay could be renamed Soak City, with the addition being a new, large wave pool (that's a Screamscape rumor, though). I was raised on Cedar Point, dating back to Mill Race and Sky Slide, so I am more attached to it. I feel that to give anything more to KI than these things would be unfair to CP (which, BTW, has removed more attractions than it has added as of recently :( ).

We have enough dinosaurs already, thank you very much! I'm angry Cedar Point is getting those dang blasted things and removing a great

ride to do so. Kings Island removed a great ride as well, and I refuse to go see them. So, that would not be a good thing.

As far as Son of Beast goes, I believe we have all ridden that for the last time over 2 years ago! That is unfortunate. If you would have asked

me last year, I would have been more optimistic. But, this year, I am not. It has had absolutely no attention in over 2 years. The trains have

sat out in the weather for 2 bad snow years, and probably have dry rotted out in the hot sun, so they're shot. It's in bad shape. It is about ready

to join my beloved Screechin Eagle in coaster heaven, Im afraid.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm beging to think that the three question marks in speech bubbles have to do with the nature of the announcement rather than the item to be announced...as in, the speech bubbles represent the fact that the announcement will be made over social networking.

To be honest, if we're not looking to get a big coaster or big thrill ride next year, I would be very happy if they announced a Food Service

overhall! I'd love to see them add 3 or 4 sit down table service restaurants in the park, with food almost comparable to that of Dolllywood.

Also, at some of the other stands like Juke box Diner, and other general walk up places, they upgrade the food at those locations, too. I would

be more apt to eating in the park more often, if the food was half way decent. I do eat there sometimes, but mostly the chains, like Chick Fil A

or the Panda Express, and sometimes Skyline. If they would announce new food places, or a total upgrade in the food quality, like getting a whole

new food distributor for next year, and that was all they did, I would be ok with that!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm beging to think that the three question marks in speech bubbles have to do with the nature of the announcement rather than the item to be announced...as in, the speech bubbles represent the fact that the announcement will be made over social networking.

That's what it is. If you have noticed, on Kings Island's site, where it showed the 3 question marks, and a link to Facebook, it now shows ONE question mark - referring to "Hint #1".

The 3 ?'s are for 3 hints, In my opinion. The first hint being the surveying picture.

Yes, that is what I just said.

So, is somebody going to close the topic or are we going to keep discussing it? Maybe rename it to "September Announcement". ;)

But also, let's be realistic. Even if this were three things, would "food changes" be one of them?

For example, someone on Facebook said that the three announcements are:

1) A waterpark expansion

2) Son of Beast's rebuilding / demolition

3) A new roller coaster

And that he knew 1 & 2 were correct, but that 3 was his guess...

I mean, really.

Even if a decision about Son of Beast had been made, would they announce its demolition as part of a viral marketing scheme? "3 things are happening in 2012: a new dinosaur, we're demolishing a roller coaster, and the cheeseburgers are changing... ... Buy passes please?"

I certainly don't know myself, but if the marketing team at Kings Island has even one person on staff who actually went to school for marketing, I imagine there are certain things they won't do...

Of course, in such an inflammatory, rumor-heavy, viral-marketing industry, you'd imagine they would've thought twice before posting three boxes if there were only one announcement... Sort of one of the problems with marketing a small addition so heavily (which, by the way, is what I think they're doing) is that this sort of stuff happens... For better or worse, many folks right now (judging from their Facebook) are expecting a new coaster, Son of Beast's renovation, and a waterpark expansion. Of course, we here know that that's absolutely not going to happen. But when the announcement does turn out to be something small, but perfectly pleasant, it's going to cause hysteria from the incredible build-up that folks have imagined.

i may be thinking of this to much (and probably am) but on Twitter someone asked

@KingislandPR what is the the new coaster for 2012?

to be replied with

@Name You'll have to wait til we announce whats new for 2012 to find out!

to find out the coaster?

Don't expect a roller coaster.

Canada's Wonderland is getting a 300 foot tall coaster, and construction has already begun.

Dorney Park is getting a 130 foot tall coaster, and construction has already begun.

If we were getting a roller coaster, I think there's a tremendous possibility that we'd have seen some sort of construction, seen a trademarked name, been afforded a much grander marketing scheme. Just don't expect one, then if somehow we get something small (which, again, I don't think will be the case personally) then you'll be pleasantly surprised. But no tallest/fastest combos next season, I'd wager.

i may be thinking of this to much (and probably am) but on Twitter someone asked

@KingislandPR what is the the new coaster for 2012?

to be replied with

@Name You'll have to wait til we announce whats new for 2012 to find out!

to find out the coaster?

The person asked what the new ride was, not what the name of the new roller coaster. http://twitter.com/#!/KingsIslandPR