August Announcement?

jdawg1998

With the addition of a Screaming Swing we would now almost be mirror images with Cedar Point in terms of thrill rides, MaXair-Delirium, WindSeeker's, both have drop rides, and then we would both have screaming swings. Just doesn't sound logical to me.

Logical, no, but KI and CP aren't exactly built right next to eachother either. Aside from enthusiasts, there aren't many people who would be able to tell the difference between MaxAir and Delirium. If we got a Screamin Swing, I doubt a majority of the parks visitors would gripe "Oh man, that's a good ride, but they have it at Cedar Point."

All this aside, I don't think we'll be swinging in that direction next year.

When did everyone get stuck on the idea of an inverted impulse coaster? Isn't one low capacity inverted coaster, that can run only one train enough in the park?? :P

It's simple - first people convince themselves that we're getting a huge $30,000,000 giga coaster and a new Son of Beast complete re-tracking. Then, the timeframe becomes so small that they must acknowledge that it's not possible. As such, they immediately come to terms with the fact that, since we must be getting a new coaster (Kings Island is the most important Cedar Fair park, after all, and it's been over two years), it's obviously just a small one that won't take as long to build but still packs a punch. And come December or January when there's no obvious construction going on for that mid-winter installation, some will say that they are let down by Kings Island not following through with their never-quite-hinted-at, but still-obviously-planned-then-canceled coaster project.

Then if something small and perfectly pleasant like a Dinosaurs Alive expansion or a new family flat in Planet Snoopy is announced, some will say they over-hyped their announcement. :huh:

GYK, who still gets a kick out of Flight of Fear, celebrating its sweet sixteen. Why not quality over quantity? Now if'n you'll excuse me, I've got to tend to my Gardens.

oh i will ride it, but it terrifies me to no end when im on it. this ride & rides like Firehawk make me flip-out. just ask some friends of mine who have witnessed me on these. apparently the look of dread on my face & my screams are supposedly hillarious...

rotag on a Screamin Swing is a very fun sight to see. Almost as good as rotag on a Round Up.

oh i will ride it, but it terrifies me to no end when im on it. this ride & rides like Firehawk make me flip-out. just ask some friends of mine who have witnessed me on these. apparently the look of dread on my face & my screams are supposedly hillarious...

rotag on a Screamin Swing is a very fun sight to see. Almost as good as rotag on a Round Up.

that made me giggle... :mellow:^_^B):):D:lol:

for there 40th annversity or however you spell it they should have a contest that lets people draw up a coaster (with a budget) and then they choose which is most likely able to be done and then build it. but that is just a thought i had which this is highly unlikely to happen. and also Cedar Point is getting a new coaster for 2013 that i have heard from my friend who goes around and designs coasters for theme parks.

Guest PizzaBaby027

Everyone is getting all too excited over the 40th, yes of course we all would love to see something big but c'mon. I read somewhere that MTV didn't even acknowledge there 30th anniversary of being on the air. I know TV and amusement parks are not the same but still. Who ever said that Kings Island is supposed to celebrate on the 40th, maybe they are waiting for the 50th to blow the world away. The more everyone worries the more heartbroken you will be when you, if, find out that it is nothing. Let's all calm down and wait. If you can't then you spend way too much time obsessing over Kings Island!

To Google13 it is way too late to do a contest, planing for Diamondback began way back in 2007. You can't just draw a picture and say its a roller coaster and then build it. It takes time, If KI were to do a contest of some sort then it would be for a coaster in 2014, 15 at the latest.

Edited by PizzaBaby027

Great point, PizzaBaby. Just because it's the big 40 doesn't mean they will get something big. Remember last year, we were getting so excited for 2011's announcement, but then we were disappointed about it being WindSeeker? That will probably happen for 2012.

With the addition of a Screaming Swing we would now almost be mirror images with Cedar Point in terms of thrill rides, MaXair-Delirium, WindSeeker's, both have drop rides, and then we would both have screaming swings. Just doesn't sound logical to me.

You might have to add Dinosaurs Alive to that.

A good flat ride would be something that would be unique or at least very few exist. I don't know what kind of flat would be a good addition at this time. I would support a Topple Tower over the construction of a Screamin' Swing...but right now the country's only Topple Tower seems more similar to Son of Beast right now than an inverted frisbee. Oh, and I rode that said tower, and I liked it, but I don't think it's as intense as Delirium/Maxair.

This is the Rumors section and I see nothing wrong with members speculating and hoping for an attraction on their personal wish list for Kings Island. I mean it is human nature for all of us to do this with our-self, so why not share it and disappointment well that is a fact of life. It is only bad when some take disappointment to far on expressing it or when those who do not understand the difference between ones hope disappointment versus the ones who get nasty about their disappointment. Take for example Holiday Worlds new Water Slide for 2012 many enthusiast where disappointed that it was not another type of attraction they had hoped for and some of them expressed that in their own way (which in the enthusiast world this was no surprise) but I do not think I saw one way over the top. Shortly after here came the "why is everyone so upset" or You can not please the enthusiast for nothing" comments. I feel those blow back comments are as misguided as the accusations they make. Now if someone was bashing the park harshly and threatening not go back to the park then I think blow back comments are warranted.

I have no problem reading what others hope for and enjoy speculating about the possibilities and the likelihood of some of them.

I have wanted to see a major expansion for Boomerang Bay for years and asked about it here and at events. Always maybe next season but right now other parts of the park is needing enhancements and we support that move. So yes I have been disappointed year after year considering my family is a huge water park family but I did not get nasty about it but just Moved On.

So I REALLY REALLY hope it is an expansion in some form at Boomerang Bay next year......AGAIN! :P

This is the Rumors section and I see nothing wrong with members speculating and hoping for an attraction on their personal wish list for Kings Island. I mean it is human nature for all of us to do this with our-self, so why not share it and disappointment well that is a fact of life. It is only bad when some take disappointment to far on expressing it or when those who do not understand the difference between ones hope disappointment versus the ones who get nasty about their disappointment. Take for example Holiday Worlds new Water Slide for 2012 many enthusiast where disappointed that it was not another type of attraction they had hoped for and some of them expressed that in their own way (which in the enthusiast world this was no surprise) but I do not think I saw one way over the top. Shortly after here came the "why is everyone so upset" or You can not please the enthusiast for nothing" comments. I feel those blow back comments are as misguided as the accusations they make. Now if someone was bashing the park harshly and threatening not go back to the park then I think blow back comments are warranted.

I have no problem reading what others hope for and enjoy speculating about the possibilities and the likelihood of some of them.

I have wanted to see a major expansion for Boomerang Bay for years and asked about it here and at events. Always maybe next season but right now other parts of the park is needing enhancements and we support that move. So yes I have been disappointed year after year considering my family is a huge water park family but I did not get nasty about it but just Moved On.

So I REALLY REALLY hope it is an expansion in some form at Boomerang Bay next year......AGAIN! :P

thank you avatar!!!!

Thank you! People need to check themselves, this is a discussion board, not a "lets put everyone down because I think I know it all" board. Sheesh.

The mister is hoping for a good old fashion Ferris Wheel. He leans forward, arms up, in every roller coaster, and doesn't seem to realize he laughs like a demon when he does so, I have no idea why he would want such an old fashioned easy going ride.

Maybe he wants to raise his arms up and laugh like a demon on it.

To me- anything new would be great considering how Horrid the economy is! I think its great that they still add new stuff to the park, and all the workers KI has! You don't see much of that anymore, so even if its something small, its still good to me! I go to Amusement parks to forget about all the crap in the world and just have fun, so kudos for Kings Island and Cedar Fair for continuing to make improvements to their parks! I live in WV and we have one super teeny tiny park here...and it hasn't been updated in years, and is falling apart. None of the rides are scary but I wont go on them cause they look like they are about to fall apart lol. Which is sad cause some of the rides are some of that last of their kind.

Guest PizzaBaby027

I do know for a fact that KI will be adding brick pavers to all areas of the park. Don Helbig personally told me this. Along with the new pavers comes a new renovation to that area, examples include DB and the overhaul in Rivertown, WindSeeker and the renovation of Coney mall. There is a pattern here folks!

I do agree with you, Avatar. I know I'm obviously guilty of being providing "why is everyone upset" comments in the Holiday World 2012 thread, but I do see it your way as well. I don't usually post that sort of comment; the difference was that, to me, it seemed like it was beyond just being hopeful about what ride would go into HW next year. People, even outside of KIC, were reading so much into what they wanted to see in HW's hints that the park didn't have much of a chance to make anyone happy... Enthusiast opinion left them with installing either a steel spinning coaster or a HUSS frisbee.

So when it wasn't either of those, so many people had nothing positive to say about Mammoth that it was a little irritating. Holiday World is my favorite park, and so many people were breathing a frustrated sigh that I felt the need to say, "Hey, is another water coaster really that bad? It's going to shorten the lines, at least..." I'm not saying that that entitles me to any snark that might have snuck into the post, and I do apologize if I was rude. It just seems like there's a silver lining to every expansion that gets shrugged off since it wasn't the [insert coaster type here] coaster that everyone was convinced the park was getting.

That being said, I'm with you on a Boomerang Bay expansion. I'm not much of a waterpark type of guy, but it's a part of the park that has received little to no love in, what, seven years? (When was the Waterworks to BB conversion?) It seems like just about anything they put in there would help them out.

I do know for a fact that KI will be adding brick pavers to all areas of the park. Don Helbig personally told me this. Along with the new pavers comes a new renovation to that area, examples include DB and the overhaul in Rivertown, WindSeeker and the renovation of Coney mall. There is a pattern here folks!

YAY! I think it makes the park look very clean and family friendly.

TombRaiderFTW Your apology is not accepted because you have no reason to apologize. In fact I should apologize for using a poor example on my part, afterwards I thought Oh-no someone is going to think I was talking about them. I was just tiring to get in on the conversation and to encourage members to not hold back on their hopes and desires for the park.

Opening up here about becoming an Admin. there are many times I want to post about something to get in on the conversation or say something on a subject from my point of view. I hold back more theses days because I fear with the title a different weight is put on my posts than there should be. In my earlier post is one that I fear got taken that way and if so I am sorry for that.

About Holiday Worlds new water slide let me just say my whole family is very excited about going down next year as we love the round family style tube slides. This one looks awesome. I have always wished they would make them so you would go down for a while then go back up some how and let us descend back down to give a longer ride. Even though I wished but knew they where not getting anything for the dry side we were disappointed because we like that side and would like something new there As disappointed as we are about nothing new on the dry side we are a thousand times that excited about the new water slide addition. One more note here; we heard a national magazine claimed that Holiday World Splashin Safari is the new number one water park and bumped Typhoon Lagoon to the second spot. Have been to both and love them both, I lost more belief in those magazine rankings.

Another example; say Kings Island announced a new addition to Boomerang Bay but then said they changed their minds and now decided to make over the international street area to include new sit down restaurants and a new Royal Fountain up grade to include nightly continuous water light show set to music. Well I would be disappointed about the water park but ecstatic about International Street make over.

I am really getting tired of this - something may happen, something might not. I really wish Kings Island were like Holiday World and they gave us a bunch of hints (they did with DA!, but only DA! pretty much).

They might not be giving hints because it may not be worthy of hints. :(

I hope its worthy.

I am really getting tired of this - something may happen, something might not. I really wish Kings Island were like Holiday World and they gave us a bunch of hints (they did with DA!, but only DA! pretty much).

They might not be giving hints because it may not be worthy of hints. :(

I hope its worthy.

Last time they gave us hints a lot of people where disappointed. I really think they will add more Dinos and not sure about the rest of the park.

I'm of the opinion that the park does not have to do something for their 40th anniversary, but doing nothing much is a waste of marketing potential. Being only 40 years old, there are lots of people in the market of KI that went there as kids when it opened in the 70's. These are the same people who now have families and can decide to go to KI or somewhere else. By the time the park is 50 or 60 years old, many of those original season folks will not longer be a part of KI's target audience.

TombRaiderFTW Your apology is not accepted because you have no reason to apologize. In fact I should apologize for using a poor example on my part, afterwards I thought Oh-no someone is going to think I was talking about them. I was just tiring to get in on the conversation and to encourage members to not hold back on their hopes and desires for the park.

I absolutely understand, and I'm really grateful to have a very active admin that goes out of his way to promote such things. :) I didn't mean to sound like I was taking that personally, and I again apologize for the misunderstanding! You certainly don't owe me an apology. I just like to point out the opposing arguments and silver linings in the name of fairness, because it's very easy sometimes to get stuck analyzing things from a single perspective. (I know I'm guilty of it!) I do absolutely agree that a lot of people, in the same way, like to post "quit your whining" posts after anything's announced, and that really shuts out a lot of people that would otherwise share their opinions in this community. I just wanted to make sure that people knew that I didn't mean to shut them out--just that there are good things to be said about every addition that sometimes go unnoticed. No hard feelings? :)