August Announcement?

jdawg1998

But the point being made was that Cedar Point didn't install clones of rides at other parks. Not only did they install MaXair after Delirium, Cedar Fair executives came to what was then Paramount's Kings Island, observed the ride in operation, rode it, then made a Huss purchase.

By far most seasonal park guests do not regularly visit more than one seasonal park. The typical Cedar Point visitor couldn't care less what is or isn't also at Kings Island, much less Canada's Wonderland or Dorney Park.

• Like 4

I dont see anything wrong with the same rides at parks. If they work in one park, they will work in another, and if Cedar Fair finds a ride reliable and that people like it, its only smart to install it in another one of their parks. The same rides will always give a different experience in different parks

WindSeeker was announced in February if I remember? And, If we want to excited let us. You can't stop someone from not doing it.

DA! was announced in March, if that is what you are thinking.

And I am not stopping you from getting excited, I just don't want to see everyone disappointed.

I guarantee you regardless of what's announced, someone will get disappointed. :)

Guest PizzaBaby027

2012 will be our big year...timing didn't work to fit the 40th anniversary time slot, most major areas of the park have been renovated or revived, Planet Snoopy, Rivertown, Coney Mall, whose next excluding the tiny octoberfest. Action Zone, and odds are that if they revive or renovate they will be taking out son of best and adding there. I have a gut feeling that Action Zone will have a major overhaul. It will not be renovated, it indeed will be redesigned and maybe rethemed. Lets take a look, all areas in the park have had a small addition to them, something new to add, even if it were to be a plant, in the last fives years AZ has gotten a new paint job on Flight deck and a KI sticker on the water tower. I have a feeling, I may sound foolish but I predict that Kings Island will be receiving the worlds tallest and fastest coaster in 2013, replacing SOB and giving them the opportunity to totally overhaul and redesign Action Zone. Remember that five year plan parks always have, Action Zone has received a lot of attention, Privately of course. You may ask why KI and a record breaker and not Cedar Point, no room or space. Kings Island has beaten Cedar Point in attendance and gross profit a few years, Kings Island is number one behind CP. I may sound foolish or even like a prophet but my friends mark my words that soon Kings Island will be the omega and the almighty! The day will come, when? Not known, why? Because the torch is burning in Cedar Point and if the generation of thrill seekers is to be kept alive the torch MUST be passed down to a park worth the privilege of that amazing and holy flame.

^ Confusing post there, but kinda makes sense. That is, of course, you meant 2013 would be our big year and not 2012. But it does make sense in that:

2009 - Rivertown remodel & Diamondback

2010 - Nick Universe rethemed to Planet Snoopy and Boo Blasters

2011 - Coney Mall remodel with WindSeeker & Dinosaurs Alive!

2012 I can see a remodel of either Oktoberfest or Boomerang Bay, possibly even both. I would be completely fine with love for the 'Fest to get newer pavers installed and a German theme to make its return, as attempting to install a new ride in that small of an area would be a stretch (to which I would see Tower Gardens possibly getting bulldozed), leaving the Bay to get a new ride, most likely a second wave pool. Maybe even a possible retheme of Adventure Express to something German?

Which leaves Action Zone as the last area of the park to get a remodel and said big attraction to grace the park in 2013. Now whether it be a complete redesign of SBNO in the style of the New Texas Giant or a brand new coaster to replace it is beyond me. But I would expect something big for '13, especially if we're following the same footsteps as Wonderland (Behemoth then Diamondback, Leviathan then -?-)...

Guest PizzaBaby027

My post seems to be confusing I suppose. I didn't really sort the thoughts out entirely but I have a feeling. They want to have brick pavers as the man pathment. A trend has gone on, it is obvious and I believe they can work in the two said areas in next season and then finally leave Action Zone for the grand finale. Every section, each year gets revamped. Hasn't stopped since 2009 and it will end in 2013 with the final puzzle to connect the park together and thus we have a truly remarkable park!! (Again)

I may sound foolish but I predict that Kings Island will be receiving the worlds

Well, at least we agree on something I guess :)

I can see the update to AZ coming in 2013 or 2014, but wouldn't hold my breath for a worlds tallest, fastest.

A couple days ago I got the opportunity to ride The New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas. I had never ridden it in its original state, but from the reviews I read, I heard it was painful and not the best wooden coaster out there. The new upgrade to the ride was spectacular. It is butter smooth and full of exciting twists, turns and lots of airtime.

The thought occurred to me that if the Rocky Mountain treatment turned Texas Giant into a world class ride, think of what it could do with Son of Beast. Son of Beast is taller, faster, longer, and has even more potential than Texas Giant did in its original form.

I know this has been mentioned before, but I think that if the park invested the money for a Rocky Mountain treatment of Son of Beast, it could be one of the most popular coasters in the park.

• Like 1

I have a feeling, I may sound foolish but I predict that Kings Island will be receiving the worlds tallest and fastest coaster in 2013, replacing SOB and giving them the opportunity to totally overhaul and redesign Action Zone.

I don't think a coaster is out of the question, but my gut tells me the only park in the chain that would ever have a chance at such a coaster is CP. You realize this would require a coaster of about 430 feet and 150 mph? There has obviously been a concerted effort to keep the new gigas just below the height of MF at CP.

My post seems to be confusing I suppose. I didn't really sort the thoughts out entirely but I have a feeling. They want to have brick pavers as the man pathment. A trend has gone on, it is obvious and I believe they can work in the two said areas in next season and then finally leave Action Zone for the grand finale. Every section, each year gets revamped. Hasn't stopped since 2009 and it will end in 2013 with the final puzzle to connect the park together and thus we have a truly remarkable park!! (Again)

i like this post because this would be awesome and give people that big awww "thats what they were doing" moment.