August Announcement?

jdawg1998

Guest PizzaBaby027

I have always felt that a good "Boss" should experience the he is overseeing. It is amazing and so truly great to see our new, soon to be, CEO already looking around and seeing what he could do. Since this is the first of hearing about any addition it must mean that the current President of CEO has made the decision. I am very excited to see this, and the price increase is only fair!

I have always felt that a good "Boss" should experience the he is overseeing. It is amazing and so truly great to see our new, soon to be, CEO already looking around and seeing what he could do. Since this is the first of hearing about any addition it must mean that the current President of CEO has made the decision. I am very excited to see this, and the price increase is only fair!

Yes, defiantly and wasn't he involved with Disney or something in the past? I think CF is heading into the right direction.

Guest PizzaBaby027

He was involved tremendously in Disney. I cannot wait for the years to come. Look at Disney, Sorry CF, but they are the God's of Amusement parks(Theme). They are the parks I idolize. With this new feller, my God we are heading into a new generation of thrills and entertainment!!!!!!

That is regarding the "August" halloween Announcement, not a new attraction for the park......these topic boards are different.

the same question was posed, what do you speculated could be announced, nowhere was it confirmed that this "august" announcement, that was leaked by a news channel, was going to be about Halloween Haunt. :) just because the park has said that there will be an announcement in august about Halloween Haunt doesn't mean that it's the only thing that's going to be announced in august.

Personally I don't think its the same thing because to me "fall" is not August. It's Sep-Nov.

...and personally i think they are the same, the time periods are close together and you asked the same question that was implied at the start of the other thread. it gets confusing when there are two threads going on with the same question, especially when the only difference is the month it's taking place.

That is regarding the "August" halloween Announcement, not a new attraction for the park......these topic boards are different.

the same question was asked, what do you speculated could be announced, nowhere was it confirmed that this "august" announcement, that was leaked by a news channel, was going to be about Halloween Haunt. :) just because the park has said that there will be an announcement in august about Halloween Haunt doesn't mean that it's the only thing that's going to be announced in august.

Personally I don't think its the same thing because to me "fall" is not August. It's Sep-Nov.

...and personally i think they are the same, the time periods are close together and you asked the same question that was at the start of the other thread. it gets confusing when there are two threads going on with the same question, especially when the only difference is the month it's taking place.

Hmm... I get your point.

Guys - it's the same announcement. End of story.

I am in no way about to rehash a "ZOMG THERE ANNOUNCING A NEW COASTER 4 2012 AT KING'S ISLAND!!!11!!!" comment, but if a new CEO of a company who has yet to even start working at said company is saying one of his parks is announcing new additions for the 40th anniversary (especially considering this is the same park/company that pushed aside several anniversary milestones to promote other attractions, there's a good chance this is something vastly different than a lone Haunt attraction for the 2011 season.

Seriously, are we arguing over this. At some point late this summer/fall or sometime between August and Ocober we'll find out:

- whats going to be new/changed at Haunt this year

- what's going to be new for 2012

The old thread covered both of these topics. This thread seems to be just an argument about nothing

• 2 weeks later...

From the original article:

And although there are no immediate plans to offer fast passes — which are premium tickets that allow customers to skip long ride lines – Cedar Fair could sell these passes in the future, Ouimet said, adding that revenue from the higher priced passes could help keep regular ticket prices down.

And four days later, a "fast pass" type system haha

I was just re-reading Mr Ouimet's interview and something stuck out at me... (Warning: Son of Beast is mentioned)

"In the fall, Cedar Fair will announce new additions to Kings Island that will be part of its 40th anniversary celebration next year, Ouimet said, declining to provide additional details.

The future of Son of The Beast, one of Kings Island's wooden roller coasters, also remains unknown."

Not to start some crazy debate, but for those two sentences to be right next to each other?

It's got me wishfully thinking, but I'm a fanboy, so what can I say? :P

I kinda read into it the other way. That is to say, that the announcement will not be about SOB because he specifically says that its status is unknown.

Personally, I think they are still waiting to see about the success and longevity of both the Timberliner trains and the Iron Horse treatment of Texas Giant.

I kinda read into it the other way. That is to say, that the announcement will not be about SOB because he specifically says that its status is unknown.

Personally, I think they are still waiting to see about the success and longevity of both the Timberliner trains and the Iron Horse treatment of Texas Giant.

Yep, I see it just like that. Saying that there will be a new attraction, but SoB will remain untouched for now....

as far as my opinion on S.O.B. (aka:SBNO) you take this movie qoute & modify it a tad to fit S.O.B. its the same principle if you ask me.

the link to this is @: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099371/quotes?qt=qt0209734

Big John: If you two wanna turn yourselves into a greasy spot on a country road somewhere, go right ahead. I don't give a **** and I don't think anybody else does, regardless what they say to your face. But you two monkeys are not going to do it on my racetrack. Now y'all heard of a "Japanese Inspection?" Japanese Inpsection, you see, when the Japs get in a load of lettuce they're not sure they wanna let in the country, why they'll just let it sit there on the dock 'til they get good and ready to look at. But then of course, it's all gone rotten... ain't nothing left to inspect. You see, lettuce is a perishable item... like you two monkeys. You trade paint one more time, you so much as touch, I'm gonna Black Flag the two of you, and take apart your racecars for three-hundred laps. Then, if you pass inspection and you put your cars back together, I might let you back into the race. Now, just to show there's no hard feelings we're all gonna go out to dinner together. Cole Trickle: Well, I've got other plans.

Rowdy Burns: Yeah, so do I!

Big John: Well, you're gonna have to change them. And not only that you two are gonna drive to dinner together.