KI Security and Park Police

homestar92

So, yesterday, I finally got to meet the park police. Now I know what you're thinking, but my group were not the people in the wrong, we were the victims. We were verbally assaulted and physically threatened by an elderly man after getting off The Beast. He thought someone in my group was yelling ethnic slurs during the ride (which we were not, and I'm not sure why someone WOULD on a ride anyway.). He even admitted to not being sure it was them. So, of course, we contacted park security. And long story short, I guess what I'm trying to get at is that KI's police are very professional and friendly. I felt much better after talking to them. And he actually allowed us to stick around and ask questions about his job and was very friendly there too. Overall, I just want to say, if you ever feel threatened, don't be afraid to call security. They are very professional and kind people and they will try their best to make your trip more enjoyable.

Now for some other observances, I am just kind of... surprised (and strangely happy) that the park didn't offer some kind of "consolation package." In the past, when I've had incidents in other places, they'll offer a refund or whatever. Had they offered, I would have declined, and as weird as it is, I'm glad they didn't offer. To me, that shows confidence that they have a good staff who can help heal any wounds by themselves. But maybe I'm weird. Anyway, I'm sorry for this pointless ramble :P

So to make for an interesting topic... Has anyone else ever dealt with normally "behind the scenes" parts of the park? And if so, how was it? Also, since I forgot to ask, is there a phone number for park security that I can keep in my phone in case this happens again, or do you need to talk to an employee?

Thanks for sharing.

Most of the KI police officers also work in other jurisdictions on a full time basis (I believe most are Mason PD). Just like any police officers, they do an amazing job everyday keeping us safe, but don't always get the recognition that they deserve so thank you for pointing that out.

Whenever you need park security just find the nearest park associate and they can have them dispatched to your location fairly quickly.

Now for some other observances, I am just kind of... surprised (and strangely happy) that the park didn't offer some kind of "consolation package." In the past, when I've had incidents in other places, they'll offer a refund or whatever. Had they offered, I would have declined, and as weird as it is, I'm glad they didn't offer. To me, that shows confidence that they have a good staff who can help heal any wounds by themselves. But maybe I'm weird. Anyway, I'm sorry for this pointless ramble

The above comment caught my eye while I was reading your post. Not sure whay you were surprised that the park didn't offer you a consolation package. It was not the park that gave you an unpleasant experience it was one of the guests.

Look at it this way...If you go to to Reds game and sit by an unruly fan, does someone from the Reds staff come down and give the people sitting around that person refunds on their tickets? No, they send security and Cincy PD down to take care of the situation and move on. I wouldn't expect anything more from the Reds, but maybe that's just me.

I guess I kinda did a bad job wording that last part. I was surprised not because I wanted or expected it, but because in our litigation-happy world, I've seen businesses do tings like that to avoid getting sued by some of the more ignorant portions of the population. FOr example, my family had a truck stolen at the Henry Ford Museum and they offered us free tickets for life (which we refused). And with all the lawsuits Kings Island gets over things, *coughsonofbeastcough* I'm surprised that they didn't. And glad. Because if they were to be push overs like that, I could see a lot of fake complaints in an attempt to get free perks, and I don't want to see my favorite place in the whole world be abused like that. So maybe that makes that statement clearer? I don't know. Anyway, the MAIN point of this post was to point out how helpful some of the little-recognized parts of park staff are, and how you should never be afraid to call security if you feel threatened or otherwise unsafe. They are the most professional security/police force I have ever dealt with. And while I hope to never need to again, I know that I can rest assured that there is a professional team ready and willing to help should I ever need a security guard to help me feel safe.