Windseeker Music

CedarPointer

The only music I heard last night was the theme for "2001 A Space Odyssey". It was neat hearing it as we ascended the tower.

I dont think it was the exact theme from 2001 A Space Odyssey but it was something close. I agree though it was pretty BA.

unfortunately I did not get to ride as it was closed due to "weather" at about 10PM when I was in line. it never even rained! but they let everyone in line ride either The Beast or Firehawk. just had to tell the guy at the line that you were from WindSeeker. cant go wrong with The Beast in the dark

I dont think it was the exact theme from 2001 A Space Odyssey but it was something close. I agree though it was pretty BA.

unfortunately I did not get to ride as it was closed due to "weather" at about 10PM when I was in line. it never even rained! but they let everyone in line ride either The Beast or Firehawk. just had to tell the guy at the line that you were from WindSeeker. cant go wrong with The Beast in the dark

For WindSeeker, weather=wind, I think.

For my 2 rides, once they played the Harry Potter theme (oddly) and next a symphony piece.

ha arent we supposed to "seek" wind? :D

and i think the symphony is what I heard

I've got Soundhound on my phone, which is similar to Shazam. I'm not sure how well that idea will work as it's not always easy to hear the ws music from the ground. I did hear the Star Trek theme, the fanfare from Also spracht Zarathustra (2001 theme) and one other tune I recognized but can't remember the name of.

ha arent we supposed to "seek" wind? :D

Correct: WindSeeker cannot operate in high winds. I found that out at CP this past week; WS was down most of the week due to the winds (though I did get to ride it Monday). One guy I was talking to commented that if it couldn't operate in high winds, then it should be called "BreezeSeeker" instead of WindSeeker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the songs seemed similar to the song Test Drive from "How to train your Dragon". Also heard some 2001 Space Odyssey. Hope this helped :)

I love Test Drive. When I heard it while riding WindSeeker it made the ride so much more thrilling!

I've heard the song that serves as the intro to the "Big D Podcast" a few times. It's the first 45 seconds of this video. Sorry, I lack embed skills.

The first time I heard it was also the first time I rode after I scheduled my WDW trip this fall. I teared up a little. :)

Edit:

First time we rode Monday was 2001 theme, second time was Kill Da Wabbit.

For the sake of being that guy, I believe you mean "Flight of the Valkyries" when you say "Kill Da Wabbit"