Kings Island Incident 6-22-11

KIMonster14

Don't forget, a relatively large (and visually impressive) amount of equipment is sent on even the most mundane runs.

Here in Columbus, something as simple as a fire alarm (pulled alarm, or automated alarm) automatically gets 3 engines, 2 ladders, 2 medics, 1 heavy rescue, and 1 Battalion Chief. An auto accident, no matter how minor, automatically gets 2 medics, 1 rescue, and 1 EMS coordinator. An accident on the freeway, again, no matter how minor, gets 3 medics, 2 engines, 1 rescue, 1 EMS coordinator, and 1 battalion chief. Had something newsworthy (or even remotely noteworthy) happened, you can bet we'd have heard about it by now. I can guarantee that the Cincinnati newsrooms have KI's addressed tattooed on the back of their brain and send crews out there with a hair trigger.

Today, as I was leaving the park I noticed about 4 fire trucks, 4 ambulences and a lot of police zooming into the Kings Island parking lot. Does anybody know of something that happened? I was just wondering, I hope nothing serious.

It was actually an electrical fire located at the Showplace Theater.

A birds nest caught on fire in one of the spot lights! :lol:

It cancelled the 3:30 show Sign, Sealed, Delivered.

The 4:30 show went on as scheduled.

pilotank

Today, as I was leaving the park I noticed about 4 fire trucks, 4 ambulences and a lot of police zooming into the Kings Island parking lot. Does anybody know of something that happened? I was just wondering, I hope nothing serious.

It was actually an electrical fire located at the Showplace Theater.

A birds nest caught on fire in one of the spot lights! :lol:

It cancelled the 3:30 show Sign, Sealed, Delivered.

The 4:30 show went on as scheduled.

pilotank

Omelettes, anyone?

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted but I'm very glad to be back! This is unrelated to the posted topic, but I think an ambulance would be in order for this little tale... So Leah (the Countess) and I were at the park today (and will be there the next two days too!) and we were on The Beast in the early evening. There was a punky kid near the front of the train who decided to stand up and "slap" the top of the entrance to the tunnel on the helix. I cringed when I saw what he was trying to do. It was clearly intentional, as he literally stood up in his seat. He missed the first one, but not the second one and the ride slapped him back, hard. I swear his whole hand bent backwards. He was acting like a tough guy when he got off but I know he was screaming inside. Did anyone else see this? I do wonder why people do stupid things like this, like on Magnum people try to reach over to hit the supports by the last two tunnels. It is all physics... you put your hand in the way of a stationary object as you travel fast and you will get hurt.

There was a punky kid near the front of the train who decided to stand up and "slap" the top of the entrance to the tunnel on the helix. I cringed when I saw what he was trying to do. It was clearly intentional, as he literally stood up in his seat. He missed the first one, but not the second one and the ride slapped him back, hard. I swear his whole hand bent backwards. He was acting like a tough guy when he got off but I know he was screaming inside. Did anyone else see this? I do wonder why people do stupid things like this, like on Magnum people try to reach over to hit the supports by the last two tunnels. It is all physics... you put your hand in the way of a stationary object as you travel fast and you will get hurt.

Natural selection will one day catch up with this individual if he continues antics like the one mentioned.

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted but I'm very glad to be back! This is unrelated to the posted topic, but I think an ambulance would be in order for this little tale... So Leah (the Countess) and I were at the park today (and will be there the next two days too!) and we were on The Beast in the early evening. There was a punky kid near the front of the train who decided to stand up and "slap" the top of the entrance to the tunnel on the helix. I cringed when I saw what he was trying to do. It was clearly intentional, as he literally stood up in his seat. He missed the first one, but not the second one and the ride slapped him back, hard. I swear his whole hand bent backwards. He was acting like a tough guy when he got off but I know he was screaming inside. Did anyone else see this? I do wonder why people do stupid things like this, like on Magnum people try to reach over to hit the supports by the last two tunnels. It is all physics... you put your hand in the way of a stationary object as you travel fast and you will get hurt.

Now you know why tigers eat their own huh.