Windseeker closed yesterday due to....wind

nrage

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rcfreak339

Takes forever to load? What? I rode Saturday and the line extended almost to The Vortex entrance and it took about 20mins to get us on.

Delerium and WindSeeker are fairly fast moving lines in my opinion.

yes, we were there last night from 8 - close and the sign said closed (all day)???

It was a perfect night even though it rained early it was gone by mid afternoon.

It is also a ride we have tried several times to ride and find it closed whenever we are there.

I see on the web cam CP ride many more days than ours......

^That's where I do find some irony...I think in a case like this MOST "enthusiasts" are willing to cut the park some slack because they understand this...it's the general public who is less forgiving when they show up and the ride is closed. :P

Takes forever to load? What? I rode Saturday and the line extended almost to The Vortex entrance and it took about 20mins to get us on.

Well, I guess they're fast, it's just you don't move for about 10 minutes until they load the next people on.

Well, I guess they're fast, it's just you don't move for about 10 minutes until they load the next people on.

Reminds me of the early days of Tomb Raider: The Ride. People are used to the constantly filtering in and squeezing into queue lines for roller coasters. On Tomb Raider / WindSeeker, the ride takes a huge group of people at once, then pretty much stops for 5 - 10 minutes. Of course, when you can't actually see the ride, that gives the impression that something has happened and that the ride has closed. But I think these rides have a very typical throughput just like roller coasters. The line just moves much differently.

^That's where I do find some irony...I think in a case like this MOST "enthusiasts" are willing to cut the park some slack because they understand this...it's the general public who is less forgiving when they show up and the ride is closed. :P

Agreed. Think about this. A family gets platinums and comes to KI last Saturday for a week long vacation. They get there early Sat. Sun. Mon. for DB/Beast ERT (jammin' vacation so far) Tuesday they show up to be redirected to WS/ Vortex. OK, first day on a new ride, kinda cool, but that free continental breakfast and WS/Vortex don't exactly get along in the youngins' tummies so well. After that, WS is down occasionally, leaving Vortex as the big ERT pass benefit. They started the week on a DB/Beast ERT marathon, and ended their vacation on a Vortex ERT marathon. That would really suck.:(

Off topic: standbyme, thanks for the updated Avatar!

Sunday they had the Backlot coaster running, presumably in place of WindSeeker. Vortex is still an ok ride, but really showing it's age, especially as an ERT ride.

I must say, the WindSeeker looked cool in the fog from the second Beast lift hill. It was at the top at 10am, with workers on at least 2 of the 4 sides.

Sunday was certainly not windy, just rainy.

I am still of a strong mind that KI is being very stubborn in making those two/three rides ERT rides. Go back to Beast/DB.

I've actually have started to like Vortex this year. I guess I've finally have learned how to ride it, and it makes it quite fun.

On the side note, I talked to one of the ride ops who was standing outside of WindSeeker during Sunday's ERT. I know this isn't the best source of information, so take it for what it's worth. But, he told us that they've (WindSeeker ride op's) been told that WindSeeker will operate in the rain. He said the reason it was closed Sunday morning was because they were doing routine maintenance inspection, and the ride was expected to be open later in the day.

The ride never did open. About an hour later, the temporary line was removed, and a sign was put up that said WindSeeker will be closed for the day. Around lunch time, the outside marquee sign had WindSeeker listed under the rides that weren't expected to be open for the day. It was not on that list at 9:30 in the morning.

It certainly makes it appear that they found something.

I am still of a strong mind that KI is being very stubborn in making those two/three rides ERT rides. Go back to Beast/DB.

I have to agree with Bennet here. Although, I do like WindSeeker, and will ride it as often as I can, it's NOT ERT worthy. A lot of people

I have spoken with, including many of the regulars feel this way, too. The ride is NOT broken in enough for it. It's down more than its ready

by the ERT time. I was lucky enough to go on Thursday and get DB and Beast, because it WAS down until 4:30. And some days, it hasn't opened

at all. If this is the feature ride they are showcasing for the ERT, and it's NOT open most of the ERT sessions, it should NOT even be on the schedule.

It should go back to Beast and Diamondback. Those are always reliable to be open in time. On this issue, Bennet is right, Kings Island is being very

stubborn about it, and they absolutely are NOT listening to the complaints of the guests about it.

To quote someone I know very well, "How would you feel if you went to Cedar Point and the only ERT that was offered was

Corckscrew and WindSeeker?" That is how this is. They should always have Beast and Diamondback, and then if WindSeeker gets

ready in time, they can go ahead and open it, too! That way, if its not ready, you're not stuck with wasting your ERT session!

I think I've been to the park 6 times this year, and my little brother has been a couple more times than myself and neither of us have seen WindSeeker in operation. He actually got a little upset about it Sunday. We decided to check out Dinosaurs Alive and while in the area I decided to get a closer look at the ride. I was telling him about the swinging action of the seats that was described on here and he just kept saying "actually it does nothing but sit here". I really hope the downtime with the ride does not continue all season but its not looking good.

Sunday they had the Backlot coaster running, presumably in place of WindSeeker. Vortex is still an ok ride, but really showing it's age, especially as an ERT ride.

Old Beast is probably enjoying the extra sleep.

(yeah, I'm weird, lol)

I was really disappointed on Monday. Most of the day, the people working on WindSeeker were very confident that the ride would open at 8 or 9. Knowing this, me and my friends got outside the line at 8 to wait. There were two ride ops there that said they weren't sure if it would open. After a while, a line of at least 50 people formed. Around 9, the maintenance workers cleaned up everything making most confident. After they all left into the room by the bathrooms, a man in a greenish suit said that they were not finished and couldn't open the ride that night. I really wish that the maintenance workers had said something a little earlier as from what I've heard it still hasn't opened meaning that they should have had an idea.

I was really disappointed on Monday. Most of the day, the people working on WindSeeker were very confident that the ride would open at 8 or 9. Knowing this, me and my friends got outside the line at 8 to wait. There were two ride ops there that said they weren't sure if it would open. After a while, a line of at least 50 people formed. Around 9, the maintenance workers cleaned up everything making most confident. After they all left into the room by the bathrooms, a man in a greenish suit said that they were not finished and couldn't open the ride that night. I really wish that the maintenance workers had said something a little earlier as from what I've heard it still hasn't opened meaning that they should have had an idea.

WindSeeker was open all day yesterday..

And yesterday was Tuesday, not Monday....

WindSeeker was open all day yesterday..

oh, i didn't know about that, sorry

I am amazed at the constant whining about ERT.

WS is a new ride, of course it will have ERT for 2011 & probably 2012.

But, it's RARELY open for ERT! it's not reliable enough for it. Yesterday, it was replaced by Shake Rattle N Roll and they were assigning seats! Really? Go back to the 2 most reliable rides in the park, Beast and Diamondback!

I am amazed at the constant whining about ERT.

WS is a new ride, of course it will have ERT for 2011 & probably 2012.

I really don't see it as whining. As someone else has pointed out, imagine the outrage (or whining as you put it) if Cedar Point after 2 months of having Millenium Force, Raptor, Maverick, Iron Dragon, and Planet Snoopy, open for ERT just decided last tuesday to shut them all down and open just WS and Corkscrew. Platinum pass holders around the country who had a week long vacation planned (that largely included ERT marathons on great coasters) showed up last wednesday to only be able to ride WS and Corkscrew all week. I assure you, that has happened to many people at KI.

Also Cedar Point clearly wouldn't DREAM of not providing access to some the best coasters for their pass holders to enjoy during ERT.