Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do

G-Force

Hey dare to fly that's Brad that says that right? Also Kat "full train is a cool train started on Beast last year, but sense most of The Beast crew is now at Diamondback, they took it over there. But Beast started it all. As they say "Beast is Best!"

Yes, that's Brad. :) Also, I have heard a certain relative of yours using the "full train is a cool train" recently.

One of the ride ops on SOB today kept calling the ride, Beast/Firehawk/Diamondback. It was historically. At one point he said, "Welcome to...... uh.... where are we again?" and the station would yell.. "Son of Beast!".

I remember being younger and being scared to ride The Beast at night. I started crying and the ride op came over to me and told me not to worry and I would have fun and then he said a couple of jokes. I asked him if he would be there when I got back and he said of course. When I got back into the station he gave me a high five and gave me a small teddy bear that was in the booth for some reason. I still have that bear! I will never forget that!

• Like 1

I remember being younger and being scared to ride The Beast at night. I started crying and the ride op came over to me and told me not to worry and I would have fun and then he said a couple of jokes. I asked him if he would be there when I got back and he said of course. When I got back into the station he gave me a high five and gave me a small teddy bear that was in the booth for some reason. I still have that bear! I will never forget that!

That was very, very cool. To bad I'm cold! (couldn't resist)

Uh, historically Son of Beast had a loop. Some found it hysterical.

I saw that a minute ago and saved it for you, Terpy. I knew you could find something much more clever to say, and you didn't disappoint...unlike SoB, who tends to disappoint me at the mid-course on a very consistent basis.

...That was very, very cool. To bad I'm cold! (couldn't resist)...

To bad? To where?

Terpy, who is beginning to wonder, are you giving me gifts on purpose?

Dang it! How many times just today have I been Terpied? My proofreading eyes need to be kicked up a notch. You know how that is!

• Like 1

After a train came back on Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland the ride op said "Welcome back Behemoth riders how was your ride?"(Everybody on the train cheers) The ride op then says "Would you like to ride again?" (Everybody cheers louder) Ride op- "Well then your going to have to get off and get back in line!" :lol:

Yesterday on Beast before leaving the station. A ride op's "Who's ready to ride The Beast" was greeted less than enthusiastically by most - he followed it up with "well at least the guy in the KI Central shirt is"

Off topic (but close), the most annoying thing has to be "How many - row x; how many - ok 2 in row y, 1 in row z, single rider row z" Do they really need that microphone echoing through the DB station and queue?

I remember quite a few years ago after boarding the tram back to the parking lot listening to the microphone operator saying things like "Welcome to our two week tour of the parking lot. I hope everyone's already been to the restroom" and "Welcome to the only other area where you might see animals beside the Lion Country Safari. I've personally seen Cougars, Mavericks, Pintos and Mustangs roaming free so be careful".

Mike B.

Can't really recall anything interesting that I've seen ride operators do.

But I can tell you I have heard some interesting spiels from them:

"Sit upright, and hold on tight because Diamondback is about to strike!"

"Whether you're in the front of the train or in the caboose, The Beast is out on the loose!"

"This ride is 230 feet tall and has 8 inversions!" Captain Nemo did this one.

Oh, I just remembered a nice memory from 2 or 3 years back! Me and my cousins were riding Congo Falls (It was like 65 and rainy that day!). And just to be funny, the ride-ops started trying to keep us on the ride. Let's just say we ended up riding that ride over twenty times in a row that day. To put icing on the cake they'd attempt throwing their ice water at us while we were on the lift lol!

on spongebob 3d in the action theatre the ride op before he told his usual spiel he said to everyone "on your right there is a yellow eject button, do not click it" a few seconds later... just kidding! i thought it was hilarious, especially the parents with the kids on that side freaking out like dont you dare click that button!

After a train came back on Behemoth at Canada's Wonderland the ride op said "Welcome back Behemoth riders how was your ride?"(Everybody on the train cheers) The ride op then says "Would you like to ride again?" (Everybody cheers louder) Ride op- "Well then your going to have to get off and get back in line!" :lol:

On last train on Millennium Force the Monday after opening weekend, we got back into the station and the op said "Welcome back riders, how was that ride?!" (everybody cheers and starts chanting "one more time") "You want to go again?" (crowd cheers) "Then come back tomorrow!" :lol:

On last train on Millennium Force the Monday after opening weekend, we got back into the station and the op said "Welcome back riders, how was that ride?!" (everybody cheers and starts chanting "one more time") "You want to go again?" (crowd cheers) "Then come back tomorrow!" :lol:

This sounds similar to my situation on Millennium after close, and you may have been there, so tell me if you were. "Welcome back riders, how was your ride? (cheers and screams) Well that's good because it's the last ride your gonna ride!"

Back in 99 we had a wedding party ride Drop Zone then came over to ride skyflyer, I was over on the flight line and one of the guys suiting up flyer's "can't remember his name" tried to lay down red suits to make a red carpet. We stopped him before anyone stepped on them. Major safety issues with that one.