Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do

G-Force

In line for FoF a teenager brought in a souvenir banana (you know the really big ones) asked the ride op at the back of the train "Excuse me sir, where can I put my 'nana?" The ride op then told the teenager "Preferably in your pants sir!"

My friend and I just started cracking up!

Ride op at Beast to child standing on queue gate: "PLEASE DO NOT RIDE THE GATES. THEY ARE NOT THE ATTRACTION." Funny funny!!!

I was quite soured at Diamondback when the ride op with the wireless mic was repeating, 'Michigan sucks' So what if you go to Ohio State? King's Island is a family establishment and although I realize it's 2009 and Diamondback isn't geared towards younger children (who are less likely to be in line hearing words like 'sucks'), I was VERY put off by an employee being comfortable using language that is a gateway to worse four letter words.

Looking back, I should have gone to guest relations. Hope it doesn't happen again.

I might be getting my Masters education from Ohio State, but you gotta realize Michigan alums are everywhere... One guest might brush it off, while another might raise hell at Guest Relations. Even if it's the fall, and the 'big game' isn't far away, you gotta resist the urge. It goes against the professionalism people expect out of Kings Island and Cedar Fair.

I was in line for the back row of AE, and the op goes. "How are you guyes".. and we reply back with a "good, you?" And he goes "Well, I had a headache so I asked if anyone had tylonal and this guy gave me enyzite". And I couldn't help but laugh! And he was all serious! Poor fella.

haha was i with u then??? I think I kind of remember that! :lol:

Hahaha. No. I was with K.

In line for FoF a teenager brought in a souvenir banana (you know the really big ones) asked the ride op at the back of the train "Excuse me sir, where can I put my 'nana?" The ride op then told the teenager "Preferably in your pants sir!"

My friend and I just started cracking up!

HAHA that hilarious! :lol:

Or, more concisely, the professionalism that customers have a right to expect from Cedar Fair and Kings Island employees. Then again, I'd expect them to enforce line jumping policies, smoking policies, wearing a shirt in the dry park rules, etc.

There is no requirement that people wear shirts in the dry park. Three rides in the "dry" park don't require shirts to ride. WWC, Flume, and Congo. People can walk around without shirts, they just need to put them on before riding most rides.

Or, more concisely, the professionalism that customers have a right to expect from Cedar Fair and Kings Island employees. Then again, I'd expect them to enforce line jumping policies, smoking policies, wearing a shirt in the dry park rules, etc.

There is no requirement that people wear shirts in the dry park. Three rides in the "dry" park don't require shirts to ride. WWC, Flume, and Congo. People can walk around without shirts, they just need to put them on before riding most rides.

I beg to differ. I have MANY times seen security direct young males to put on their shirts in the dry park, and yes, this year. In addition, "people" cannot walk around without shirts, as people includes both males and females. Well, they can, but not without consequences. See also Cedar Point's website (since Kings Island, like on so many other things, is totally devoid of relevant content):

...MISCELLANEOUS

Footwear and shirts must be worn in the ride area....

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/ride_policy.cfm

There is NO reason to think Kings Island's rule would be any different.

And the "Guest Information and Park Policies" on the Park Map would back Terpy up (don't ask me why I have one)

"Attire & Behavior - Shirts, shorts/pants & shoes must be worn at all times"

For info, this section of the map also states that "profanity, obscene ..., & suggestinve/offensive clothing or material is prohibited", "line jumping is not allowed" and "smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas"

Even Cedar Point's stated policy is vague, though. First of all, though it requires footwear and shirts, it says nothing about bottoms! Second, it requires footwear and shirts "in the ride area." I bet they meant to say in the dry park, but they said in the "ride area." Some wise cracker would no doubt claim that does mean only on the rides. I can assure you it does not, but it IS poorly written. At least their website does have SOMETHING about this, while Kings Island's, as usual, is utterly silent.

I have asked before, but how long after June 30, 2006 must we wait to see uniform and more content rich websites for the former Paramount Parks? Sheesh.

Indeed, the next thing on the webpage I cited is:

...On Thunder Canyon and Snake River Falls only, guests may wear swimwear and are not required to wear shoes. Lockers are located nearby. Slip-on shoes should be removed on the Wave Swinger, Raptor, Power Tower, maXair, Skyhawk and Wicked Twister....

Again, a webpage with actual, useful information on it. Typical of Cedar Point. Kings Island? Not so much.

Cedar Point allows you to take your shoes off on Snake River falls and Thunder canyon. Well they did in 2005 there was a huge midway full of shoes infront of Thunder Canyon.

And those weren't even the ones off the guests feet.

lol

Jon who thought that, that was funny, and also feels that when you use a that that comb, it looks weird.

just like 95% of places have a no shirt/no shoes/no service policy!!!

but they don't mention a darn thing about pants O:) ;)

Before I forget them, heres the HW spiels:

Many have traveled from far and wide,

to laugh and scream on the Pilgrim's ride.

Now its time to sail away,

your Voyage begins with out delay!

Laugh and scream your heads off and don't ask why

the Headless Horsemen might pass you by.

As you travel along that twisted track,

whatever you do DONT LOOK BACK!

Its purple, its fast, its really a blast!

Enjoy your ride on the Legend!

You cant run, and you cant hide!

So just sit back and enjoy your ride,

on the Raven!

I recorded them on my phone when I was there. Once I figure out how to upload and post them, I will. :)

and yet you forget to mention the DB horn ;) that magically appeared on my phone, and is now set to your text message ringer so hurry up and turn the blasted thing off!! lol

Last night one of the Raptor ride ops said "Enjoy your ride on the world's tallest, fastest inverted coaster........ in 1994!"

The Magnum crew was going on and on about how the ride was so scary. Even little kids were laughing. When I passed the ride ops on my way out of the station, I looked at them, put my hands to my cheeks and screamed bloody murder. They got a big kick out of it.

Two of the Wicked Twister ops were going on and on about how annoying the other one was. A third one chimed in and told them to shut up, but they didn't. It was too funny.

I beg to differ. I have MANY times seen security direct young males to put on their shirts in the dry park, and yes, this year. In addition, "people" cannot walk around without shirts, as people includes both males and females. Well, they can, but not without consequences. See also Cedar Point's website (since Kings Island, like on so many other things, is totally devoid of relevant content):

...MISCELLANEOUS

The only attire required to be worn on WWC, the log flume, and (I assume) Congo Falls, is shoes. I am level 1 (fully trained) on both flume and WWC, so I know the requirements to ride. In the park there might be a requirement for shirts, but it's a rule that isn't told to ride ops, and I've never seen it enforced, and I don't feel it should be if they're going to allow people on the water rides without them.

...MISCELLANEOUS

The only attire required to be worn on WWC, the log flume, and (I assume) Congo Falls, is shoes. I am level 1 (fully trained) on both flume and WWC, so I know the requirements to ride. In the park there might be a requirement for shirts, but it's a rule that isn't told to ride ops, and I've never seen it enforced, and I don't feel it should be if they're going to allow people on the water rides without them.

So people can wear JUST shoes?

hooky, who couldn't wait for Terpy

Exactly! Anyone remember seeing anyone nude with shoes on riding Whitewater Canyon. My guess is that it's not a problem to take your shirt off to ride the water rides, but it MUST go back on before entering the main park!

...MISCELLANEOUS

Technically they could. Security would be waiting when they got off, but yea, they could go nude except for shoes.

if they were nude, i dought they would ever make it on the ride, or in the park for that matter.

That's half the fun :P If you can make it, then you can ride. You just won't be in the park long afterwards lol

You know that if someone did ride nude, it would be one of us plus-sized people with supersized love handles, don't you? ;)

When i was standing in line for The Beast yesterday the ride op was taking in a umm ummm "sissy voice" saying

SEAT BELTS FIRST!! LAP BARS SECOND!! and saying oh fudge nutters and enjoy your ride on The Beast rawr! I thought it was so funny I was laughing the whole entire time i was in the station. When i got done riding entering the station he was talking in a very very deep voice.

That guy was so funny.

When i was standing in line for The Beast yesterday the ride op was taking in a umm ummm "sissy voice" saying

SEAT BELTS FIRST!! LAP BARS SECOND!! and saying oh fudge nutters and enjoy your ride on The Beast rawr! I thought it was so funny I was laughing the whole entire time i was in the station. When i got done riding entering the station he was talking in a very very deep voice.

That guy was so funny.

I do believe that would be Charles...and yes, it cracks me up as well.