Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do

G-Force

The other day one of the girls at Db (the shorter blond one i believe) said " Make sure you say hi to the crypt on your way by, the worlds largest indoor ferris wheel" :D needless to say the KIC'ers started applauding her on the way out of the station

I like this one :lol: . I find that very humorous.

This has been a while now, but when i was riding on the old Antique Cars the ride op said to us while riding on the car side,

"Now remember, this is Days of Thunder, and bumping is encouraged, so spin out your opponents and remember to 'gesture' on your way around them!"

I think its interesting that ride ops staple people. Not nice.

I got stapled for the first time on the 7th. My 70th ride on Diamondback. And boy was I peeved.

I hate when I get stapled into the seat I dont get as much airtime and I love airtime It's my favorite.

And you know what really sucks about this? I was already locked in with a gap and everything... But they had to unlock only our car, so this guy could get in behind me. And before I could put it back down, the ride op was there. Boy did he get me good.

I got stapled for the first time on the 7th. My 70th ride on Diamondback. And boy was I peeved.

I hate when I get stapled into the seat I dont get as much airtime and I love airtime It's my favorite.

And you know what really sucks about this? I was already locked in with a gap and everything... But they had to unlock only our car, so this guy could get in behind me. And before I could put it back down, the ride op was there. Boy did he get me good.

That always happens to me in the front seat they get to you so quick so I just sit down real fast and push my knee's up.

That always happens to me in the front seat they get to you so quick so I just sit down real fast and push my knee's up.

I hate that, and they always like jump and push it down with all their force <_<

If they did take off the otsr's you would problaly break your neck/back, since it will have nothing to bang into anymore...except the other riders sholder and or head....OWWWW>!

I seriously doubt that any of that would ever happen. You'd just move with the forces of the right without your head banging into anything. The right kind of lap bars would work just fine on Vortex - see Flight of Fear with and without OTSR's.

If they did take off the otsr's you would problaly break your neck/back, since it will have nothing to bang into anymore...except the other riders sholder and or head....OWWWW>!

I seriously doubt that any of that would ever happen. You'd just move with the forces of the right without your head banging into anything. The right kind of lap bars would work just fine on Vortex - see Flight of Fear with and without OTSR's.

That's how I look at it. If Flight of Fear can lapbars Vortex can too.

But just like FOF, us tall kids will have NO leg room! :)

Then I guess I'm lucky being short :D

Then I guess I'm lucky being short :D

I'm not really that tall. I'm 5' 9".

When I do sit on the handrails (which is VERY rare), I sit on the second, lower rung. At Cedar Point, that's their suggested alternative to sitting on top. The only time I've done this in recent memory is on DB opening day, after being in line for two hours and finally getting to DB's queue.

^ My friends climb on it like its a monkey bar or something. But we never get caught. Ever. We could be sitting right in front of them. But our feet were real real tired so we didnt care at that point. We were walking around ALL day.

If you are tired sit down and eat or find a bench. I have seen people ejected from the park for sitting on the handrails.They are not for your tushy they are for your hands.

^ My friends climb on it like its a monkey bar or something. But we never get caught. Ever. We could be sitting right in front of them. But our feet were real real tired so we didnt care at that point. We were walking around ALL day.

If you are tired sit down and eat or find a bench. I have seen people ejected from the park for sitting on the handrails.They are not for your tushy they are for your hands.

"Here at Kings Island, we like to call those brown things handrails...not butt rails, so get your butts off them and get your hands back on them!"

But just like FOF, us tall kids will have NO leg room!

Cry me a river! I'm 6'3" and I fold into FOF just fine!