Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do

G-Force

I was on Diamondback last night and a ride op said "Who is ready to ride Kings Islands smallest slowest and dumbest coaster ever" Then he started to laugh. And the little kid next to me turned to ask me if that was true nd I said he is saying the opposite its Kings Islands tallest fastest and meaniest coaster ever then he got really scared.

The other day at The Beast, the ride op was playing simon says. haha it was funny because nobody was playing with them except for me and my friends. Everyone was just staring at us. :lol:

Does anyone notice a pattern here that everyone keeps bringing up The Beast crew? Gee...I wonder why that it? Maybe because Beast crew ROCKS...that's why! ;)

The other day at The Beast, the ride op was playing simon says. haha it was funny because nobody was playing with them except for me and my friends. Everyone was just staring at us. :lol:

Does anyone notice a pattern here that everyone keeps bringing up The Beast crew? Gee...I wonder why that it? Maybe because Beast crew ROCKS...that's why! ;)

AGREED!!

AGREED!!

See...it's not just me either!

Thanks, Kat

AGREED!!

See...it's not just me either!

Thanks, Kat

haha yeah! The Beast crew is a BEAST! haha no pun intended

Yeah I was in line for Beast and they were singing things like "If your love The Beast more than Diamondback clap your hands! :lol:

That's the "in thing" right now to try to get guests to say they like Beast more than Diamondback...and a good portion of them do! Another common speil that some may have heard is telling the train to scream so loud Diamondback can hear.

One night while being held hostage at The Beast during the fireworks a man lit up a cigarette on the ramp. One of the girls saw him but didn't have a mic and tried to yell at him to put it out. Then the guy with the mic finally chimed in "Hey Buddy... yeah you! Put out your cigarette.... No seriously, you know that whole wood and fire thing? Doesn't really work up here."

And well I guess this wasn't a ride operator, but the past two times I've ridden FD, while loading the trains, John Mayer singing Free Falling has come on. Let me tell you the first time it gave me the heebie jeebies, second time, oh man you bet I was freaking out at the top of the lift hill.

Oh and yay for my first post? :o

• Like 1

One night while being held hostage at The Beast during the fireworks a man lit up a cigarette on the ramp. One of the girls saw him but didn't have a mic and tried to yell at him to put it out. Then the guy with the mic finally chimed in "Hey Buddy... yeah you! Put out your cigarette.... No seriously, you know that whole wood and fire thing? Doesn't really work up here."

And well I guess this wasn't a ride operator, but the past two times I've ridden FD, while loading the trains, John Mayer singing Free Falling has come on. Let me tell you the first time it gave me the heebie jeebies, second time, oh man you bet I was freaking out at the top of the lift hill.

That reminds me, Drop Zone is my favorite Ride Ever, and I was running, yes running to it one day and when it came in site (Next to Delirium Sign) The Song 'Freefallin' Came one, it was pretty cool, it made the experience a Little bit better than it already was!

haha yeah! The Beast crew is a BEAST! haha no pun intended

Oh, yes you did! You full well intended that to be a pun, so why deny it?

NO i really didnt. Then when i looked at it after i typed it I was like wow.

haha welcome to the kic forums. Hope you have a good time! :)

• Like 1

Welcome!

John Mayer, they should be playing the original by Tom Petty...much better version.

• Like 1

Welcome!

John Mayer, they should be playing the original by Tom Petty...much better version.

Thanks guys! =]

And yes I totally agree, honestly I think I was more anxious because I didn't want to hear John Mayer destroy the song anymore, lol.

I hear Free falling by Tom Petty at the park all the time especially in Rivertown but not by John Mayer.