Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do

G-Force

but you also wouldn't say "Enjoy your day Vortex."

You obviously don't know me! I talk to all of the coasters like they're my friends...mostly because they are. I have on many occasions said, "See ya later, Vortex." I should say your point is irrelevant because I can come up with a case against it, but I don't wish to be rude.

You would be the exception and not the rule. Your point is still irrelevant, and I'm not being rude. :P

I have noticed something at KI that I have not noticed at any other park.. some of the ride ops have their facts wrong and it is starting to annoy me and several others.

I continue to hear Flight Deck ride ops refer to it as the jet coaster.. no, it is not. The jet coaster is Afterburn at Carowinds, I don't recall ever seeing that ride at Kings Island.

I also continue to hear Drop Tower ride ops announce that it's the world's tallest and fastest gyro drop.. no, it is not. Kings Dominion's is not taller, but it is indeed faster.

I wonder how long it will be before someone confronts them or even gets attitude with them because they either have their parks confused, want attention so they make stuff up, or just refuse to get facts straight. Maybe the GP doesn't notice misinformed employees, but there are more enthusiasts out there than you think, and yes, we are paying attention.

I have noticed something at KI that I have not noticed at any other park.. some of the ride ops have their facts wrong and it is starting to annoy me and several others.

I continue to hear Flight Deck ride ops refer to it as the jet coaster.. no, it is not. The jet coaster is Afterburn at Carowinds, I don't recall ever seeing that ride at Kings Island.

I also continue to hear Drop Tower ride ops announce that it's the world's tallest and fastest gyro drop.. no, it is not. Kings Dominion's is not taller, but it is indeed faster.

I wonder how long it will be before someone confronts them or even gets attitude with them because they either have their parks confused, want attention so they make stuff up, or just refuse to get facts straight. Maybe the GP doesn't notice misinformed employees, but there are more enthusiasts out there than you think, and yes, we are paying attention.

Actually that ride ops at Drop Tower are correct. A gyro drop is when you spin on the way up the tower. Kings Dominion's Drop Tower does not spin on its way up as seen here in this video. I gota stand up for all my old crew members which happen to be on those two crews. :lol:

At Tasmanian Typhoon, a guy was saying that we can use the other people on our raft could be used as an emergency flotation device. :lol:

The Beast ride op: All Beast riders clap your hands!

Kings Island: Where the fun never stops!

Enjoy the rest of your day at Kings Island with the other, not-as-fun rides.

\

(He should have said "I'm looking at you, The Crypt!" :lol: )

Almost every time I went on The Beast last week one of the ride ops would say, "Since it's The Beast's 30 birthday this year we put a hose in one of the tunnels. Now The Beast is the worlds longest underwater coaster. Enjoy your ride." I also constantly heard people seriously saying that they hoped they wouldn't get wet. Lol.

Well, when I was standing in line for Vortex, a ride op said: "Enjoy your day at Kings Island. Where else?"

Other ride op: "I don't know. MAybe Cedar Point."

Original ride op: "Yeah, with five hours' worth of gas."

Also, last night on Diamondback, the ride ops were trying to get trains in and out really quickly. They were being so nice and told you to sit down and DO NOT walk across to put your stuff in the bins. They will get it for you as they walk by.

Then they said: "See, we're not like Delirium where you have to put your own stuff in the bins. Here, we do it for you".

They were being so nice. :lol:

Also, last night on Diamondback, the ride ops were trying to get trains in and out really quickly. They were being so nice and told you to sit down and DO NOT walk across to put your stuff in the bins. They will get it for you as they walk by.

Then they said: "See, we're not like Delirium where you have to put your own stuff in the bins. Here, we do it for you".

They only do it for you during a power hour :lol:

^^Yesterday (Friday) it seemed pretty common as the crew was trying so hard to break the capacity record for the hour as they did it for about 3 or 4 straight hours. I didn't even ride at that point, just standing at the exit watching how fast the crew was moving was giving me enough thrill.

At The Beast yesterday:

"Welcome to Flight of Fear! You'll be launching out of the station in 3... 2... 1... at an amazing THREE miles per hour, going through not one, two, three, but ZERO inversions, since we all know that wooden coasters don't loop!"

Haha. Epic Win.

I remember this from a few years back my buddy and I were about 16 or 17 (so almost 6 years ago) we ran back to the kiddie area to ride every coaster in the park including Beastie, (no line so it wasnt like we were taking a ride from a child). I sat in the front row my buddy behind me and as we were getting the seats checked I made the comment to my buddy that this ride was probably the farthest thing from dangerous and we probably wouldnt need to even be restrained. Well as we are going up the hill, the ride op was over the PA talking about no standing etc, then goes The Beastie is the fastest most dangerous coaster in the park reaching speeds of up to one million miles an hour.... I do not know why I found it funny then but I find it hilarious now...

When i was standing in line for The Beast yesterday the ride op was taking in a umm ummm "sissy voice" saying

SEAT BELTS FIRST!! LAP BARS SECOND!! and saying oh fudge nutters and enjoy your ride on The Beast rawr! I thought it was so funny I was laughing the whole entire time i was in the station. When i got done riding entering the station he was talking in a very very deep voice.

That guy was so funny.

I do believe that would be Charles...and yes, it cracks me up as well.

lol I did the "rawr" Back. on the last day of august

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight as I was getting off Diamondback, one of the ride ops ended the usual "enjoy your day here at Kings Island" with "... home of Son of Beast - the world's largest pile of toothpicks!" :lol:

Also, while in line for a ride (don't remember which one), one of the ride ops said to some kid "Hey, you. In the orange soccer shirt. Get your butt off our handrail!"

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier I had commented how I got a kick out of Shane, one of the DB crew, when he did his schtick, "Whoo!!!. When I was up at CP last Labor Day weekend, one of the Iron Dragon crew members did the exact same thing and he sounded just like Shane.