Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do

G-Force

I remember working the platform on the tower and when people would leave the platform to go back down I would say Welcome to Drop Zone. (Hilarious especially with someone afraid of heights. Also I remember working WWC and being able to make the cannons at tower 2 and 3 to be able to shoot a solid stream. I think that was the best part actually. (Off Topic) HTCO i hate your forum pic i actually swatted at my computer screen when i saw it.

On AE, the operator once said, "Enjoy your ride on the Carousel of Progress!" We were like "what?"

The Carousel of Progress is a rotating theater attraction in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. It was Walt Disney's own creation and his favorite attraction.

That was in Disneyland, after CoP had already been removed and America Sings was installed... I think.

That's true and it happened only 9 days after America Sings opened -- on July 8, 1974. They eventually changed the walls so they would breakaway if a similar incident took place. The people in the next theater could hear her screaming. Maybe it should have been called America Screams. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ha-ha this thread reminded me of something funny The Beast operator said. So while i was waiting for the train to stop and the gates to open the ride op was talking as usual and then suddenly he says "Oh cool looks like you guys got the red train its the fastest". The ride operator said this! At first i for some reason thought that there were different color trains but then i was like wait...

last year there was a guy running flight deck, and he kept on saying, "enjoy your ride on The Vortex" so i kindly reminded him that the ride was flight deck, so then he started saying "enjoy your ride on the top gun"

Actually, if you are from Canada, Flight Deck would be Vortex to you.

I was at the exit of Diamondback in 2009 when they had a break down. I was waiting for my friend to get off the ride. The unload attendant on the mic was doing Diamondback trivia.

Him: "How tall is Diamondback?"

Me: "230!"

Him: "Who built it?"

Me: "B&M!"

Him: "How many drops are over 100ft?"

Me: "6!"

Him: "You can't play anymore!"

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

BUMP!

Yesterday on Firehawk, the ride op on the microphone told the riders that were getting off, "Enjoy the rest of your day here at Kings Island, where dreams do not come true... but you can still enjoy your day anyway." I laughed out loud (I was next on the back row and thus close to him), but nobody else did, so he commented, "Thank you guy in the back!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Thursday the DB ride ops were trying to break a world record of how fast they could load and dispatch a train. While we were still behind the gates, they were collecting our loose articles and putting them into the boxes for us. People got really into it, rushing on and off the trains and hurrying out of the station. Not sure which record they were trying to break, but I think they were seeing how many trains they could get through the stations in a certain amount of time.

I was at Six Flags (near Chicago) a few summers ago and Iron Wolf had broken down while I was in line. The ride-op started asking trivia questions and I got one right. :) Also, I remember a Beast ride-op that dispatched a train in a Charlie the Unicorn voice.

The lady running the e tower couple weeks ago was telling us about the starlight show and was like" where we play about a 100 different versions of the snoopy theme including a hard rock one and i really wish i was making that up" also she was joking around with one of the other ops "don't mess with an English redhead with pig-tales" :-). she definitely made the elevator ride much more fun