Interesting Things Ride-Ops Do

G-Force

Did she ride the Lakeside Cyclone?

Terpy, who for many years revered that ride as his then favorite wooden coaster....

I have no idea. She has no idea. She remembered Flying Turns because it was unusual. She only knew she rode the Shooting Star because she rode all the coasters at Coney. As I said, for someone who doesn't like coasters, she's ridden an awful lot of them...

Heard a good one from a certain KICer today on Beast.

"Guests boarding the train, please don't feed The Beast! It's favorite snack is loose articles, so please secure them now."

• Like 1

TONIGHT WAS AN INSTANT CLASSIC AT THE "BEAST".

AFTER 3 :o RIDERLESS RUNS FOR TRAIN 3 BETWEEN 9:30 AND 10:00P.M. WE HEARD "WELCOME BACK TRAIN 3 GHOST RIDERS!!(SOME ONE PUKED AND THEY HAD TO RUN IT EMPTY EVEN THOUGH THEY TRIED TO CLEAN IT UP)

A couple of funny moments from yesterday:

"... and enjoy the rest of your day here at Kings Island, where everything is made of wood! ... Except some stuff." - DB ride op

(referring to White Water Canyon) "... and if you do choose to ride that ride, please remember that you WILL get wet, possibly even drenched. Although, you're probably already getting wet" - while riding the train during the first round of rain yesterday

There were also some jokes about DB being wetter than usual when I was riding it right after it first started raining

Over the weekend, Flight Deck ride ops were having some fun: "You are on Flight Deck, the Jet Coaster! It lifts you three thousand feet in the air and travels six hundred miles per hour!" (or something to that effect)

Then later, on Flight Deck: "You are on Flight Deck, the Jet Coaster, where you will enjoy NOT ONE... NOT TWO... but ZERO loops, and speeds as fast as 55 miles per hour. That's almost as fast as your car goes!"

:lol:

Funny moments from The Beast on Monday...

The Beast crew acquired a fake rooster somewhere, perched it on the side of the drive box, and named it Bethany.

According to Caitlyn, one of the ride ops:

Bethany will bite you

The Beast doesn't eat Bethany because he's friends with "her"

Other funny moments from Caitlyn:

The Beast went to OSU and has a law degree

After getting a less than enthusiastic response to "how was your ride?": "What do you think this is? Vortex?"

• Like 3

While in line for The Beast station the ride op said, "Enjoy your ride on The Beast! The worlds longest and only underwater roller coaster! Hold your breathe kids!". (as the train left).. "Who whoulda known, if ya stick a hose in a tunnel you could have a world record right there". The funny thing was, some people had the look of, 'are you serious' on their faces!

• Like 1

Over the weekend, Flight Deck ride ops were having some fun: "You are on Flight Deck, the Jet Coaster! It lifts you three thousand feet in the air and travels six hundred miles per hour!" (or something to that effect)

Then later, on Flight Deck: "You are on Flight Deck, the Jet Coaster, where you will enjoy NOT ONE... NOT TWO... but ZERO loops, and speeds as fast as 55 miles per hour. That's almost as fast as your car goes!"

:lol:

Argh, that one drives me insane. It is NOT THE JET COASTER!! Only the B&M inverts were ever called the Jet Coasters. I yell that at the ride ops every time they say the jet coaster and they just ignore me. :rolleyes:

All the fun ones i remember happened at The Beast *giggles*

This is going to be horrible, and theres another member of this site that remembers it to as he was working at the time (not the one on mic tho) and i happened to be on the train (before we knew each other existed :P) So the trains about to go... its a really slow boring day, NO ONE is paying attention to the spiels, now mind you this is back in the day beofre they had the wireless mics, so you kinda had to strain to hear them anyways, and they just gave the standard stats spiel. So as we're pulling out of the station the ride op just to see if anyone is paying attention says (and i wish i were kidding) Enjoy your ride on the F***ing Beast" and me and the guy next to me just looked at each other and busted up laughing!!! the 2 of our friends behind us of course were oblvious. according to the staff member only half of them heard it to, only b/c they were so used to it, they recognized when a word or so was swapped around. And he agrees with me that no one else heard it, unless they made NO reaction to it whatsoever.

I also liked the ride op on mic during out glam rock weekend ;) "Welcome back ghost train... oh crap.... So who's next?!" :D

"The Beast is ready for you, but are you ready for The Beast?"

On DT Tuesday something fell off and they closed it down for a wee moment. When I got back on I asked if they fixed it, a nice young woman said, "Ya" To my response of I don't think paperclips and bubble gum will hold this thing together, and she replied, Yea I know, thats why I put some glue on it too. Should work just fine, as long as you don't hit the breaks to hard....*Akward silence by a guest that was walking by*

I love DT crew, they are so fun loving, yet would not give me a highfive or a wave....

"The Beast is ready for you, but are you ready for The Beast?"

The Beast is usually more ready for you than you are for him...just sayin'!

The Beast crew acquired a fake rooster somewhere, perched it on the side of the drive box, and named it Bethany.

That would be courtesy of a crew member there by the name of Brad, who bought Bethany - gender confused rooster - to match his spiel about live killer chickens that haven't been fed in weeks. Unfortunately Bethany lost his position as the ruler of the roost at Beast. He can, however, if you have a good eye, be spotted ruling a smaller roost from inside the drive box. The Beast still rules all!

"Are you guys excited to ride Flight Deck!? We will take you through not one, not two, but zero loops!"

That's still my favorite. I heard it during my 36 rides on Flight Deck last night! They have a great crew.

So true. I guess they have to get everyone excited after the long trek to the queue. It's a long walk to Flight Deck.

^I'm still having trouble deciding what my favorite coaster is in the park. I love Flight Deck so much. I've been on it more than Diamondback this season and just love the forces and speed. I love it's location way back away from everything too.

^I'm still having trouble deciding what my favorite coaster is in the park. I love Flight Deck so much. I've been on it more than Diamondback this season and just love the forces and speed. I love it's location way back away from everything too.

It's really bad during the hottest parts of the day though. Down those stairs and all. Nothing is worse than Firehawk though. It's really hot waiting in line for that one.

At Diamondback tonight. A seat assigner, who I believe is a member here but can't confirm that, said a speil that went something like this:

"Please secure all loose articles, unsecured articles could fly from the train and hit a bird, the bird might then hit a squirrel. Please protect the wildlife ..." Several of us in the SRL were cracking up by this point so I missed the rest.

This past Friday at the park, I heard a really funny spiel from a ride op at FH. He was basically comparing FH to a romantic ride. While loading, he went over the way to secure your harness and the guy sitting next to me obviously didn't know what he was doing, so the ride op sarcastically commented that the person hadn't heard a word he said! I don't recall his name, other than he was African American.

On Prowler at Worlds of Fun (which I'm in line for right now! Woot!), as loading:

Oncoming riders, this is your last chance to escape. If you're brave enough, step into the car directly in front of you.

As dispatching: hide your tracks and watch your backs, the big black cat's about to attack!

Posted from my BlackBerry mobile device from the line for front seat of Prowler!

Before I forget them, heres the HW spiels:

Many have traveled from far and wide,

to laugh and scream on the Pilgrim's ride.

Now its time to sail away,

your Voyage begins with out delay!

Laugh and scream your heads off and don't ask why

the Headless Horsemen might pass you by.

As you travel along that twisted track,

whatever you do DONT LOOK BACK!

Its purple, its fast, its really a blast!

Enjoy your ride on the Legend!

You cant run, and you cant hide!

So just sit back and enjoy your ride,

on the Raven!

I was in line for the back row of AE, and the op goes. "How are you guyes".. and we reply back with a "good, you?" And he goes "Well, I had a headache so I asked if anyone had tylonal and this guy gave me enyzite". And I couldn't help but laugh! And he was all serious! Poor fella.

haha was i with u then??? I think I kind of remember that! :lol:

Before I forget them, heres the HW spiels:

Many have traveled from far and wide,

to laugh and scream on the Pilgrim's ride.

Now its time to sail away,

your Voyage begins with out delay!

Laugh and scream your heads off and don't ask why

the Headless Horsemen might pass you by.

As you travel along that twisted track,

whatever you do DONT LOOK BACK!

Its purple, its fast, its really a blast!

Enjoy your ride on the Legend!

You cant run, and you cant hide!

So just sit back and enjoy your ride,

on the Raven!

I recorded them on my phone when I was there. Once I figure out how to upload and post them, I will. :)