Overly aggressive Keyhole Photo employees

Flat Freak

now about the "aggressive" and get in your way picture takers, You might change your direction BUT their policy is that they have to say/offer you a picture photo then leave you alone if you say no.

Then their policy is WRONG and not guest-friendly. The purpose of this thread is to gather ammo to complain to KI management and get the policy changed.

You can't rely on your body language to show no, you have to say NO.

I don't HAVE to do anything of the sort, and I strongly resent any such policy of some third party company that puts me in that situation. I didn't buy a season pass to Kaman Art Studios. I even more strongly resent the second party - Cedar Fair - that allows that to happen.

I think you're over reacting a bit. They're not barricading you in and forcing you to do anything, MAYBE just MAYBE they're stepping in front of you(maybe that's a correct way to address someone? or just in case you say yes they're already in position to take the picture for a fast and easy picture?) I think that sounds plausible don't you?

If you get asked a question, I'm pretty sure you can easily say no or hey! even ignore it, sure you might be the asshole who ignores 16yr olds trying to make a buck but hey at least you didn't waste 30 seconds of your picture getting taken now did you? If you don't want to get asked a question in a public amusement park then that's an entirely different issue.

Also I've watched over this year a little bit of what goes on at the front gate, I can tell you If someone says no they quickly step out of the way and even say enjoy your day or have fun today or some kind of nice message to send you off on your riding ways.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can add to this thread (that I can think of) is that I thought it was pretty stupid and annoying when the photographers where trying to lean/ butt into the mad dash of people running through the gold pass ERT entrance on WindSeeker opening day. The people taking the pictures and the people running to the ride could get hurt.

RUMOR SMASHER: I notice you failed to answer the question of how often you have visited THIS year.

Too many funnel cakes can speak for me on that one. I don't visit I live there, right besides the blue ice cream.

Now I do agree, if you say no and they keep on going on about it(not like a "awe are you sure?" cause maybe someone in your group might want one?) but like they keep on nagging or have a harsh tone about it, all you do is go to guest service and they will handle the situation.

Also I've watched over this year a little bit of what goes on at the front gate, I can tell you If someone says no they quickly step out of the way and even say enjoy your day or have fun today or some kind of nice message to send you off on your riding ways.

And 21 times I've sat and watched what goes on and seen them be much more aggressive than I remember in the past. The point is the way they are handling things THIS year. It doesn't matter if it only takes 30 seconds, a GUEST should not be treated this way at a place that specializes in hospitality. Would you eat a restaurant if the server constantly tried to berate you into buying an appetizer or dessert and wouldn't let you up out of your booth if you refused at first in an attempt to bully you into it?

And 21 times I've sat and watched what goes on and seen them be much more aggressive than I remember in the past. The point is the way they are handling things THIS year. It doesn't matter if it only takes 30 seconds, a GUEST should not be treated this way at a place that specializes in hospitality. Would you eat a restaurant if the server constantly tried to berate you into buying an appetizer or dessert and wouldn't let you up out of your booth if you refused at first in an attempt to bully you into it?

How good is the appetizer?

Anyways, Really? Treated how? explain what happened in detail? I've only seen 1 incident between a photographer and a family but it was a 3rd party fault that caused the conflict.

About half of these photographers are actually inspiring photographers and get the job to put on future college applications or resumes, and of course the experience and the goods that come for working with a company that's integrated with CF

Perhaps a better analogy is if the restaurant contracted with a photographer who attempted to badger diners into purchasing photos of their evening. Think eventually the restaurant might lose business? I fear that's where KI either is or will be soon.

There are plenty of restaurants that do this actually, like Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney. I typically refuse to have my photo taken but sometimes they are so persistent that I give in. They then come to the table with the photo and I politely decline every time. They go away. While annoying, its not enough to make me not go back. Just like KI, the ridiculously aggressive nature of the photographers isn't something most people think about more than a few minutes, I'm sure, but regardless it should change. I love FlatFreak's idea of spreading the folks out through the park and doing it more like Disney PhotoPass. I'm telling you, I've NEVER had a Disney photographer ask me to take my picture even if they're standing around. They don't need to because they put out such a good product people are very willing to stand in line!

Anyways, Really? Treated how? explain what happened in detail? I've only seen 1 incident between a photographer and a family but it was a 3rd party fault that caused the conflict.

The posture of the photographer, running to make sure to block the path of people obviously trying to avoid having to deal with the it, not taking no for an answer. Re-read the thread, its been covered in detail by more than just me!

Like I said on another web page, I'm surprised one of them hasn't been belted yet. It's gonna happen. Throw in some alcohol, a person already agitated with the prices and uh oh.

A day at the park is supposed to help unwind from the daily stresses of life. The sales pitches and in your face attitude of the photographers just keep it going.

Nobody who works at the park is going to put up with that crap. That person would be in handcuffs within a few minutes and probably banned from the property for quite a long time.

The posture of the photographer, running to make sure to block the path of people obviously trying to avoid having to deal with the it, not taking no for an answer. Re-read the thread, its been covered in detail by more than just me!

If a photographer is literately DASHING or RUNNING in your way, then take that to guest service, I wouldn't put up with that kind of approach, I don't know when you experienced this but the worst I've seen is a photographer kind of did a skip to ask a big family(8+) if they wanted their picture taken and what do you know they did. I have yet to see one TRY and block someone way. If they don't take no for an answer, then usually they get terminated cause that can turn into a legal matter of harassment.

Now don't get it confused with them just approaching you with a big smile and asking you if you want your picture taken.

If a photographer is literately DASHING or RUNNING in your way, then take that to guest service, I wouldn't put up with that kind of approach, I don't know when you experienced this but the worst I've seen is a photographer kind of did a skip to ask a big family(8+) if they wanted their picture taken and what do you know they did. I have yet to see one TRY and block someone way. If they don't take no for an answer, then usually they get terminated cause that can turn into a legal matter of harassment.

Now don't get it confused with them just approaching you with a big smile and asking you if you want your picture taken.

Once again, let me be clear: this rarely happens to me. I'm alone most of my trips and they largely don't approach me. However, because I am waiting (ironically to take photos of whomever is singing the National Anthem that morning . . . with their permission, of course! ha) I sit on the bench as far left of the fountains as possible and watch people coming and going. I have seen multiple photographers do what I described earlier to multiple couples, families, and groups. It is ridiculous to watch and makes me uncomfortable . . . and I'm sitting away from all of that commotion. I have had an experience where 5 or 6 different photographers requested to take my photo when my mother and niece were visiting and by the last one, I'd had enough especially since the ropes had just dropped and that is NOT the time to try to get people to stop and pose for a photo after they've declined 5 other photographers. There's no need for this many picture takers on less crowded weekdays especially.

Also, I don't see a whole lot of smiles from the photographers, just stressed out, aggressive, worried faces hoping to meet their quota so they can go get a sandwich.

Once again, let me be clear: this rarely happens to me. I'm alone most of my trips and they largely don't approach me. However, because I am waiting (ironically to take photos of whomever is singing the National Anthem that morning . . . with their permission, of course! ha) I sit on the bench as far left of the fountains as possible and watch people coming and going. I have seen multiple photographers do what I described earlier to multiple couples, families, and groups. It is ridiculous to watch and makes me uncomfortable . . . and I'm sitting away from all of that commotion. I have had an experience where 5 or 6 different photographers requested to take my photo when my mother and niece were visiting and by the last one, I'd had enough especially since the ropes had just dropped and that is NOT the time to try to get people to stop and pose for a photo after they've declined 5 other photographers. There's no need for this many picture takers on less crowded weekdays especially.

Also, I don't see a whole lot of smiles from the photographers, just stressed out, aggressive, worried faces hoping to meet their quota so they can go get a sandwich.

If I was you I wouldn't sit back and watch it happen, I would go tell guest service.

Also sometimes if they don't see you get offered photo they'll accidentally(not knowing you already been offered and by the way they are also trained to be aware of who's gotten offered already)offer take take your photo not knowing you already been offered.

Really? I see a lot of smiles. Their quota isn't easy nor hard to hit by the way.

And to say that many of them are aspiring photographers is a stretch. Are we also to believe a great many McDonald's employees are aspiring to the culinary arts? Please...

Who says the only job at McDonalds is to cook :P I didn't say many, I said half. Which it seems like, if you ever talk to one on their break, they really like photographing or just wanna put it down on their resume or college application.

If I was you I wouldn't sit back and watch it happen, I would go tell guest service.

Enough of telling people how to handle this situation, OK? I don't need you to explain to me how it works. I've been in Guest Services at least 4 times this season . . . 3 of which were to give compliments and one was to let them know that the Dinos webcam had blown over. Weren't you the same guy saying that telling Guest Services was dumb because the park didn't actually manage this "service?" Or was that someone else?

Also sometimes if they don't see you get offered photo they'll accidentally(not knowing you already been offered and by the way they are also trained to be aware of who's gotten offered already)offer take take your photo not knowing you already been offered.

Really? I see a lot of smiles. Their quota isn't easy nor hard to hit by the way.

You seem to know a lot about this. Perhaps if you work for the park, you a) shouldn't be commenting at all as it probably violates your employee/employer agreement to speak on behalf of the park even accidentally and 2. you have NOT had the same experience I have had as a guest and therefore should stop trying to tell me what you think I really saw. Its quite frustrating.

sure you might be the asshole who ignores 16yr olds trying to make a buck but hey at least you didn't waste 30 seconds of your picture getting taken now did you? If you don't want to get asked a question in a public amusement park then that's an entirely different issue.

I've said before and I'll say again. The 16-year olds are not the problem. They are the symptom.

All too often, especially this year, it is progressing beyond "quickly stepping out of the way" or "saying enjoy your day." The photographers are clearly under tremendous pressure from their management to increase the number of snaps. They are being trained to be unpleasant.

I think sales are probably way down, due to the multiplicity of cameras these days. Management is thus riding herd on the employees to take ever more photos. This, ironically, may well prove counter-productive

I agree, nothing good will come from this overly aggressive approach.

However, on my last visit to the park on Thursday the 23rd of June, the young man that approached my daughter and I was very friendly and politely asked if we would like our picture taken. Since he wasn't aggressive about it we agreed. Had he been aggressive or had I felt threatened in any way I would have refused and kept walking probably straight to guest relations with the young man's name.

I think sales are probably way down, due to the multiplicity of cameras these days. Management is thus riding herd on the employees to take ever more photos. This, ironically, may well prove counter-productive

I agree, nothing good will come from this overly aggressive approach.

However, on my last visit to the park on Thursday the 23rd of June, the young man that approached my daughter and I was very friendly and politely asked if we would like our picture taken. Since he wasn't aggressive about it we agreed. Had he been aggressive or had I felt threatened in any way I would have refused and kept walking probably straight to guest relations with the young man's name.

Glad to hear that you had a great run in.

(I am posting in this thread just so no one thinks that since I appear to be outnumbered that I am a coward to comment. ;) )

I have not been to the park this year...so yes things might have changed...but I will stand by my statement that I have never had a problem in the years that I have been going to the park. Maybe I just put off a different vibe than some people? I will be going to the park next month so I will let you know if my opinion has changed.

...at a place that specializes in hospitality.

God knows I love the park...but NEVER once have I thought of it as SPECIALIZING in hospitality! :lol:

Good luck with the mostly solo fight Rumor! :)

If they step in front of me after I tell them no thank you, that is invading my personal space. Also, a recipe for disaster as I am quite a klutz. Yes, even though it irks the hell out of me to tolerate all the sales pitches in the park, I am polite and always respond with no thank you.

I will stress again-I am seriously tired of it. Everywhere we go these days we are pressured to buy buy buy and I don't have it, and don't need it. Walking through coney mall anymore is like those commercials on tv where they turn the volume up to where you jump. And don't get me started on those d*mn basketballs. That's even worse than the photographers. Most of the midways are an obstacle course with those things.