Bert the Conqueror at Holiday World

Wednesday night at 10:00 on Travel Channel is the Bert the Conqueror episode taped at Holiday World. Several KICers, including me, were selected to be extras for the segment on The Voyage.

A few months ago, Holiday World put out a call to their fans to submit videos in order to be considered to be extras for the two segments being taped there, The Voyage & Wildebeest. By far, the most creative was this one, featuring KIC's own DaveStroem and his family: http://www.holidayworld.com/node/3526. I don't have the talent to create my own video, so thankfully I was included in the large group video.

We went to the park on Friday, May 6th, the day before their opening day. We got to ride The Voyage numerous times, and got to talk to and take pictures with Bert. A few people got interviewed, but most of us will be in the background behind those being interviewed, and of course, we can be seen riding The Voyage.

So make sure to tune in! In addition to our segment on The Voyage, there's a segment on Wildebeest, and another recorded at Perfect North Slopes and their "Slush Pit". It's sure to be a good episode, and you may just see some familiar faces. ;)

Bert the Conqueror episode page: http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bert_the_Conqueror/Episodes_Travel_Guides/Indiana

Bert the Conqueror episode slideshow: http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Bert_the_Conqueror/Photos/bert-invades-indiana

OK, so, yeah... you pretty much had to pause and advance frame by frame in order to see me blurry on The Voyage, and to see part of my head in the crowd shot in the station. But there were some good shots of other KICers. Unfortunately they didn't use any of our group's interviews. Oh well, it was a fun day and it was fun to see some of us on TV.

I have the attitude of Mike Wazowski in Monster's Inc. when he sees himself on the commercial and he's covered up by the company's logo, he's not upset but instead goes "I WAS ON TV!!!"

I have the attitude of Mike Wazowski in Monster's Inc. when he sees himself on the commercial and he's covered up by the company's logo, he's not upset but instead goes "I WAS ON TV!!!"

I just did that recently - I was at the Taste of Chicago, on the news - but you could see my mom's head and my hand. :lol:

I was interviewed by Bert at Noah's Ark in the Wisconsin Dells episode. Being the large contributor to the Noah's Ark forum that I am, I was able to score an interview, and was able to be the second public rider on Scorpions Tail. However, sadly my interview was chosen to not air on the show. I was pretty disappointed about not being on The Travel Channel, but I was still so glad I got to meet the Noah's Ark owner and Bert, AND be the second rider on the scorpions tail!

• 2 weeks later...