How many times have you ridden Windseeker?!?!

Guest PizzaBaby027

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once at Cedar Point and twice at KI. At KI, I had one daytime ride where I learned just how much space The Beast takes up (did you know that if you look down behind the Blue Racer turnaround, you can see The Beast's brake shed?) and one nighttime ride where I was one cycle too late to watch the fireworks from the top of the ride.

Rode it once as it opened at 1 yesterday, we were the first cycle of the day. Really do not think I will ride it much more than that, the wait seemed long and the only time I will ride it is either during ERT or at night. If I ride it at night and do not ride The Beast at night it will be a miracle though.

Guest PizzaBaby027

I know it isn't a thrill ride but for those afraid of heights it is a big thrill, for me the first time riding it was a major thrill. I screamed, cried and cursed and then they began the ride and it was amazing, I was the last ride on the 30th!!!! I just love the ride, 13 times and counting!!! biggrin.gif

Off Topic: standbyme your references make the braincells in my head work way too hard! Well done.

On Topic: 2 times, once outside seat, once inside seat. I'm not good with heights or spinning, so 2 is probably my final count. I hope everyone who likes WS has a blast everytime they get on it.

Ask if you can wait for the front seat though, I heard it's the best one.;)

Finally was able to ride WindSeeker yesterday...was a bit late to open, though. Rode DB 4 times and Beast twice during ERT :D ...

Now, I am absolutely petrified of heights. Coasters have always been fine, but...Bridges scare me, tall buildings I have no desire to creep to the edge. I thought about ducking out the 30 minutes we waited, but, my 12 year old daughter talked me thru it. Ride was fine until it started spinning. At that point, started praying to Jeebus. Eyes closed. The centripetal force that sends you to the 45 degree angle, for a guy afraid of heights was almost too much. Finally opened my eyes once at the top...what an awesome view.

Once it started lowering, a sense of relief. Once off, thankful to be back on the ground. A fun ride, worth the 30 minute wait, but, not my favorite thing ever by a long shot.

We did it again around 3pm, this time, knowing what to expect, was much easier for me to handle, though, still very frightening, but more in a fun way. Felt very safe the second time around.

Did it a third time, got in line at 9:30. Made it up just in time to see the fireworks at 10pm for nearly the entire ride cycle...we were kind of bummed, as we thought we were going to be one cycle too early...but, a 350+ pounder wasted 4 minutes, and finally had to take the walk of shame, so, we won!

FIreworks started about 3/4 of the way up, and lasted for the remainder of the ride. AWESOME!! Riding at night seems much more intense, as you lose your sense of where you are in a way. The fireworks made the ride for me.

Will be a one time rider per visit from now on. Preferably by getting in line at 9:30 ish.

This is off topic but still about WindSeeker....but I would like to say today I loved the ride, because this is what they played while riding:

How to Train Your Dragon is the best soundtrack ever made IMO, and I am SO happy KI used it!!

Edit: I think it may have been this: Either way, still the best soundtrack ever..

Now, I am absolutely petrified of heights. Coasters have always been fine, but...Bridges scare me, tall buildings I have no desire to creep to the edge. I thought about ducking out the 30 minutes we waited, but, my 12 year old daughter talked me thru it. Ride was fine until it started spinning. At that point, started praying to Jeebus. Eyes closed. The centripetal force that sends you to the 45 degree angle, for a guy afraid of heights was almost too much. Finally opened my eyes once at the top...what an awesome view.

Once it started lowering, a sense of relief. Once off, thankful to be back on the ground. A fun ride, worth the 30 minute wait, but, not my favorite thing ever by a long shot.

i am just the opposite with my fear of heights. i was freaking out until it started spinning. once it started rotating, i focused on the horizontal landscape and did not look down.

i have done Drop Tower a few times. i hate the ascent, but i love the drop.