SpiritSong 2011: July 7-9

The Interpreter

The 18th annual SpiritSong Christian music festival will be held at Kings Island the July 7-9, officials announced Friday.

This year's festival will include performances by popular Christian artists including Toby Mac, Newsboys, RED, Skillet, Jeremy Camp, Finding Favour, Group 1 Crew and Thousand Foot Krutch during the three days of song and prayer.

Tickets for SpiritSong include admission to Kings Island, Boomerang Bay Waterpark and the performances. All performances will take place in the 10,000-seat Timberwolf Amphitheatre, which has outdoor, theatre-style seating....

http://m.daytondaily...dex=1&pn=0&ps=4

I'm debating whether or not I want to go to this this year. I missed it last year but was there in 2009, though I found it hard for me to drag myself away from the rides long enough to enjoy the shows. The main reason I'm considering skipping it this year is that I'll be going to Nashville at the end of July and don't really want to request so much time off of work in the same month.

I'm debating whether or not I want to go to this this year. I missed it last year but was there in 2009, though I found it hard for me to drag myself away from the rides long enough to enjoy the shows. The main reason I'm considering skipping it this year is that I'll be going to Nashville at the end of July and don't really want to request so much time off of work in the same month.

Maybe you will luck into getting one of those days off?

Looking forward to seeing you at the park soon!

• 1 month later...

We have been going for the past 3 years & we LOVE it! This year's lineup is not as good as last year, but it's still great! If you want to see a band that is truly anointed check out Tenth Avenue North. If you're looking to be entertained check out Family Force 5 & Group 1 Crew. If you're looking to rock check out Red, Thousand Foot Krutch & Skillet. If you're more into Hip Hop check out Tobymac & the Newsboys...which are on the same night so expect a DC TALK reunion with Michael Tait & Toby! We are taking our teenage boys. My friends Tina, Holly & I all have VIP front row tickets! Our boys don't care to be up front though so we got them regular tickets. Does anyone out there have any kids that are going that ride roller coasters? My son rides them, but his friend does not so I'm trying to find someone for him to ride with! He's 14.

Your kids are going to love it!!! It's hard on the younger kids if you're there all day, but once the concert starts they are usually ok. Dress them for hot weather, but bring them a jacket. If it rains it cools down-a lot. Make sure you bring sunblock. If you want to see the lesser known bands get there early, usually around 4 or so. Might want to bring some bug repellent too since it goes until after dark. If you're on a budget like we are just pack a cooler & keep it in your vehicle. We usually go back to ours twice a day to eat, and they let you bring in bottled water (or at least they have in the past). The bands will usually sign autographs after their set, but I'm not sure if the headlining band does or not. They will have merchandise set up also so bring money for that if you want t-shirts & stuff! If you are sensitive to loud music bring ear plugs & prepare to have a great time rockin' out & worshiping God!

I'm hoping to go for the first time, and bring the kids along. Any advise for first timers? We are Platinum Pass holders.

-John

• 1 month later...

If you're more into Hip Hop check out Tobymac & the Newsboys...which are on the same night so expect a DC TALK reunion with Michael Tait & Toby!

That would be amazing! I'm only 19 but was raised listening to every album by DC Talk. I can literally sing every one of their songs. Would be awesome to see!