The Beast is rough

qscott86

I know this is a little off topic, but the other day, I was arguing with a friend. He says "The Beast trains were always solid red in color".

I remember them being red, but I seem to recall them red and fading to a green/yellow?? I can't remember, and anyone (Interpreter) could find a link?

Was this color scheme feature just with the 4-bench coaster car design?

The good ole days before seat dividers, headrests and seat belts. Now we're so stapled in on everything its no longer enjoyable, and sometimes painful.

Egads, it was the most painful ride ever prior to the seat dividers! I remember riding it back then and the guy next to me and I kept cracking each other's skulls together.

FWIW, I rode Beast this weekend, and it was great. In comparison, when I rode SOB ("Unloved Son" as it was dubbed on the headstone on The Beast lol) the last year it was open, I came off feeling like someone had just beaten me with a pillowcase full of doorknobs.

• Like 1

The good ole days before seat dividers, headrests and seat belts. Now we're so stapled in on everything its no longer enjoyable, and sometimes painful.

Egads, it was the most painful ride ever prior to the seat dividers! I remember riding it back then and the guy next to me and I kept cracking each other's skulls together.

FWIW, I rode Beast this weekend, and it was great. In comparison, when I rode SOB ("Unloved Son" as it was dubbed on the headstone on The Beast lol) the last year it was open, I came off feeling like someone had just beaten me with a pillowcase full of doorknobs.

That's a good way to put it!

Yes it is rough only in the back seat I was there yesterday and today and i road it 3 times and the last was today as the park closed and it was a back seat ride and I think it broke my rib. Great ride still and I'll ride back there again.

I got a lateral slam, too. I chalked it up to my size, or lack thereof, until my 6'2", 230 lb. cousin got the same treatment. I just hang on tight to the bar, now.

I'm glad the sides of the seats are as padded as they are. Both times occurred where Flat Freak said.

Middle row on the back car.. best rides ever on The Beast

This is where I almost always sit. Now, after sitting in that seat for several trips and or rides move up one row in the same car. For me the roughness was not to bad and felt like I was going about another 10 to 15 MPH (even thought I know I was not) and made for a very exciting ride as well. After my ride on Voyage this past Saturday and experiencing the bottom of the first 2 drops I will take Beast at any seat!

I was able to ride in the very front and the middle row of the last car as well and it was rather enjoyable. But if ive got to wait very long for a seat ill go were ever but a rough ride on Beast just ads to the character of the ride its part of the rides character and its only going to gain more character the older it gets.

I've said this before, and I will say it again.... They have a kiddie area for people like RD Reynolds.

--Beatle, having fond memories of the visible bruises inflicted by The Racer back in the 70's and by Holiday World's coasters in 2011......

Middle row on the back car.. best rides ever on The Beast

That is what my dad said last Sunday we took a ride right when park was closing and he sat in the middle row of last car and my sister and I rode last row and I thought I broke a rib which I still think.

Because you were sitting on a wheeled seat.. the back row is 5 times more rough than middle seat in that car (and no, that is not an accurate mathematical representation)