Rumors about Coney

pilotank

Rumors will spread when there is a more solid footing to stand on. Right now, we are still busy preparing for the upcoming season. We are still working on finishing up the new rides office, and the park is still putting the finishing touches on new paint jobs for Tilt A Whirl, Tempest, Dodgems and Flying Bobs.

Other new changes that are happening at Coney this year is a "classic" floral clock, signifiying Coney as turning back the clock on the traditional amusement park (the clock hands move backwards in time). Also, the park has added video price screens to the rides ticket booth and the guest relations booth.

Exciting things maybe in store for 2013 though. I can`t wait to see if the plans come to fruition. I have hear some pretty awesome things, but unfortunately, cannot share them here at the present time...

All I'm saying is a haunted house goes a long way ;)

Seriously, can't wait to see what Coney comes up with. Even a coaster like the Tornado (Stricker's Grove) could really improve the ride experience at the park.

I would love to see a roller coaster at Coney Island, though nothing too big because it would ruin the park's atmosphere.

Like jbt mentioned, I would love to see a ride like Tornado (I've never been on it but it still looks good for Coney Island).

Remember, that Coney officially opens for the season next weekend. I`m so excited for this season to being. It feels good to be back down at Coney working. Hard to believe its my eleventh season there. It will certainly be interesting to see what develops from these rumors...

• 1 month later...

No updates on any announcement yet or even if there will end up being an announcement at all. But there are some clues as to what maybe coming, if you know where to look...

Is that cyrptic enough for you?

Remember, that this Tuesday is July 3rd. That is Coney`s LaRosa`s balloon glow event. Hot air balloons light up the sky from 8 to 10pm on Tuesday. And then Rozzi`s Famous Fireworks fly over Lake Como at 10pm. Sunlite pool is open until 9:30 and the rides are open until 11pm that night. I`ll be working down there all day on Tuesday, so stip on by and say hi!

• Like 1

Oldiesman,

I believe I saw you a couple times on the third, including when you were in line for Rock O Planes a little after 11 and there was a protein spill on it.

How was your visit? Did you have fun?

Yes, that was me. My sister and I were next in line for that when the spill happened. We also saw you as you were leaving the rides office with another ride manager (who said something about the poor person at Turtles not getting a break).

We had a great time, spending most of our time in Sunlite Pool due to the heat, but we also found time to hit most of the rides (with the exception of Ferris Wheel [line was too long], Rock-o-Planes, Tilt-a-Whirl (didn't get around to riding it this time) and Trabant (same)). I was glad to hear that the music was working at the carousel this time (it was turned off or not working last time I was there) and that Super Round Up was open (it was closed last time).

One question though... What's up with the floral clock? Both times I've visited this year, the clock's hands have been spinning backwards rather than showing the current time. I figured they would have fixed that for the balloon glow.

The floral clock spins backwards because Coney is "turning back the clock" an the classic amusement park feel. That is the explanation that I have received on why the clock spins backwards.

We actually got a new mp3 player in carousel that has about five hours of carousel music on it.

• Like 2

Well, for starters, there has to be something officially going on for an announcement to occur. Then again, sometimes an announcement can occur when nothing is going on either... Good things usually come to those who wait (but not always, and sometimes people are still waiting for good things to come).

Ballon Glow was an outstanding success!

I worked selling Kettle Korn by the administration Building.

It seemed everybody enjoyed themselves.

The crowds were not as large as last year.

This may have been caused by BG being on a Tuesday (work day) or

that the temperature was extrememly hot. Close to 100.

Kudo's to all CI employees. They went above and beyond.

Many rides lasted way past the 11:00 closing time.

The parking lots were clear by 11:30.

The consensus is the new attraction will be

a roller coaster! Many people suggested it

may not be a new one though.

I guess we'll have to wait and see!

pilotank

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn`t look to see Raging Wolf Bobs come to Coney...

Why spend so much money on a park that is in the flood plain? Well, people do come for the pool, and they did spend $2 million on the Twister water slide back in 2009.

I still have nothing official to report. There are a few clues around the park that one maybe able to find if they look in the right spots...

RWB was already SBNO before the park officially closed. I believe there was a derailment & the ride was never addressed after that.

It was auctioned for $2500 to the company that is dismantling it. It's destination is unknown.

Given the auction price, my best guess is that it is being sold as scrap.