Vortex conked out

Jeorby Nanpa

I always thought, 'What's the point of slamming on the midcourse brakes, then going through those corkscrews so painfully slowly?' Trust me, once you've had un-trimmed Arrow corkscrews, the slowed variety doesn't seem half-bad! :P

In support of brakes?

BLASPHEMY!

:D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how long this has been there, but there are a couple big coils of chain on pallets or something at the bottom of The Vortex lift hill, and some wood boards laid out inline with the lift hill... with chain lying on it, feeding up onto the hill itself it looked like.

I saw this from WindSeeker earlier tonight.

^ If you heard the chain operating, I don't see why opening would not be tomorrow.

Many, many, many reasons why it won't open tomorrow.

Intresting....

That leads me to believe it is more than just a chain issue.

I'm glad to hear it was just a chain issue! :)

Today at around 4:15ish the cars suddendly stopped, one on the lift hill and one at the end then the third in the station, at around 5 the cars started moving and they brought everyone back to the station then the ride stopped and closed again. I left at 5:15 and didn't get to see what happened after that, does anyone know if it reopened, again?

Yeah I want in the park yesterday and The Vortex was running early in the day (I could have sworn we even saw people on it), but when we headed over by there later in the evening, it was not operating and there was an empty train on the lift hill. I wonder what's going on.

Hi guise, I got the scoop on why it took so long to fix Vortex.

It all has to do with the current economic situation of the country. KI wanted to purchase gold as a hedge against a sinking dollar (I know, boring stuff) but they are not allowed to purchase gold because they are an amusement park and not a broker. The workaround was that the replacement link for The Vortex chain was to be constructed of solid gold. It was smelted in Austria and shipped here in late July, at a weight of 13.1 pounds! You can see the GOLDEN LINK at certain times of the day, especially from WindSeeker. It's on the right side of the chain. If you ride in the front your chances of seeing it are better.

Congratulations to KI for working around those $/gold trading restrictions! Gold is also a very strong metal and the GOLDEN LINK should hold up for a long time. Be sure to ask the ride operators about the GOLDEN LINK.

edit: "ride in front" refers to riding in the front of Vortex, not riding in the front of WindSeeker. Oops.

Edited by Jeorby Nanpa