New at Holiday World for 2012

Captured Dan as he hugged our super-top-secret plans for 2012. So, other than "what's in the plans, Dan?" what question would *you* like to ask our president? We'll make a video using the best questions in the coming days.

hw2-1.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/HolidayWorld

Steel coaster? Another classic woodie? Flat ride? New restaurant?

What you all think?

No steel coasters for 2012. The park's already denounced that rumor.

I'm gonna say it'll be something sizable, given the number/size of the papers he's holding... but then again, those could just be props. I don't know. Alls I'm saying is that I could theoretically see Holiday World getting the first "official" Gravity Group Splinter model, assuming that TGG and HW's relationship hasn't gone a bit sour over these Timberliner delays.

Do also note the following message from the park's Facebook:

Dan just told me he went to college with George M. Cohan's grandson. Why would we talk about that today?

A quick Google search shows that George Cohan wrote both "You're a Grand Old Flag" and "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy," which makes me wonder if something's in store for the Fourth of July section.

Hopefully a steel coaster. I would love this, as would others. I always hear people trashing Holiday Wolrd for not having one. If it is a steel coaster, hopefully it goes upside down, people also hate that about HW, not having a roller coaster that goes upside down. I wouldn't mind another great wooden roller coaster tho. Yup, i've got high hopes for HW 2012 :D

I bet its just him with a bunch of papers rolled up in his arms. But a new coaster? no...The Wildabeast in my opinion is Holiday Worlds last most recent coaster addition even if its water. I also believe that ride was the second most expensive ride in parks history? (I don't even like the Wildabeast! is not worth the wait. Deluge at Kentucky Kingdom is better and worth the wait). However, I wouldn't be surprised the see them add a new slide complex with a Tantrum, or a Tantrum all by its self.

Hopefully a steel coaster. I would love this, as would others. I always hear people trashing Holiday Wolrd for not having one. If it is a steel coaster, hopefully it goes upside down, people also hate that about HW, not having a roller coaster that goes upside down. I wouldn't mind another great wooden roller coaster tho. Yup, i've got high hopes for HW 2012 :D

Let the haters hate, let the people enjoy the fantastic park that aren't arrogant. ;)

Steel inverting coasters do NOT make a great park.

I live in NC... is it worth it to drive all the way to holiday world, i have never been.

My instinct is to say "100% YES!!!"...but let me categorize it by saying the following:

1) Holiday World is a one day park for most people so driving all the way from NC for just Holiday World may be a bit much.

2) The park's 3 wooden coasters are all top notch, but as far as thrill rides go on the dry side of the park there isn't much else. (A lot of good family ride options though.)

3) A big part of the draw of Holiday World is the water park (which is awesome btw).

All that being said Holiday World has the best food, employees, and customer service this side of Disney. It really is an amazing park that truly tries to cater everyone in the family.

I bet its just him with a bunch of papers rolled up in his arms. But a new coaster? no...The Wildabeast in my opinion is Holiday Worlds last most recent coaster addition even if its water. I also believe that ride was the second most expensive ride in parks history? (I don't even like the Wildabeast! is not worth the wait. Deluge at Kentucky Kingdom is better and worth the wait). However, I wouldn't be surprised the see them add a new slide complex with a Tantrum, or a Tantrum all by its self.

From what I hear, Deluge at Kentucky Kingdom has had VERY long waits this year.

Guest TombraiderTy

97258145.jpg

Noticed these a few days ago on a recent visit. May not be for anything noteworthy, but there looked to be a few more survey markers back in the trees.

• Like 1

I live in NC... is it worth it to drive all the way to holiday world, i have never been.

Unlimited soft drinks and sunscreen

And a daily admission price that matches that.

I have never been to Holiday World, so I can't speak to the quality of the rides. However, all three of their wooden coasters are famous in the industry. Just don't let promises of free soft drinks get your blood racing. A single day, double day, and season pass ticket for Holiday World costs more than those same options at Kings Island. I plan to make it there next summer. It seems like a really, really nice family park with some great rides and a lot of spirit, but the drinks and parking and sunscreen are far from free!

Perceived value casts its spells again!

But, but, but...the fair comparison is NOT gate price vs. gate price. It is, instead, total dollars spent vs. total dollars spent, taking into account any subjective qualitative differences.

I submit Holiday World IS a great value, and that a true cost comparison is virtually impossible. HW is lacking in steel coasters, KI can't begin to publicly espouse the values HW does, with its overt Christian emphasis, right down to having Mary with Christ Jesus on public display, gospel music shows, etc. Not unlike Miss Parton's place.

And I'm sorry, but if you ain't been to Holiday World, you really are in no position to talk about its perceived value visa vie KI.

Straight Forward IMO, and many others who walk into my job at work tell me, "Holiday World isn't worth it at all". Yes it's fun when you first arrive, but maybe for an hour or two. The park is basically a place for Kids 10 and younger. If you do choose to go, you better ride every single water water slide, if you don't, the boredom will strike faster. Go Kings Island or somewhere else worth the drive. The only way Holiday World would be a park to travel, is if they offer some thrill rides.