New at Holiday World for 2012

^^ But that's only if you're interested in Thrill Rides alone. It's a family park just as their slogan states "Number 1 for family fun!"

If you're into just sitting, taking the ambiance, riding water rides, getting well-priced food, riding some fun small rides, and SOME thrill rides.... then you won't get bored.

Straight Forward IMO, and many others who walk into my job at work tell me, "Holiday World isn't worth it at all". Yes it's fun when you first arrive, but maybe for an hour or two. The park is basically a place for Kids 10 and younger. If you do choose to go, you better ride every single water water slide, if you don't, the boredom will strike faster. Go Kings Island or somewhere else worth the drive. The only way Holiday World would be a park to travel, is if they offer some thrill rides.

Who am I to not take your word for it about others who tell you their opinion about HW. I own a small business and see numerous customers on a daily basis and I rarely ever hear a negative word about HW and never once have heard the word boredom used to describe their day at HW. Understand this is what many customers, family and friends tell me knowing my love for Kings Island, As one who has been to HW first hand and being much older than 10 with most family and friends above the age of 10 HW is a great place to visit for any age. I understand that some may not enjoy HW for their own reasons but I know tons of enthusiasts to include mainly coaster enthusiast who love HW and go out of there way to go there to include passing by KI.

CodyDL many coaster enthusiasts enjoy visiting out of the way theme parks to experience for their-self and like traveling to do so, if you are in that category then I would suspect you will be glad you made the journey. I could name many theme/coaster enthusiast and fan club members who travel great distances to enjoy what HW has to offer and often return for another visit. Please understand every park including Disney has their cynical critics and you should understand who you get your reviews from if they are that important and if they have actually even been to HW. I would bet if you are at all tempted to travel that far to go to HW then you are a enthusiast at heart and will not be disappointed. I will give deference to those who say HW waterpark is a big part of their enjoyment factor but as one who enjoys water parks a lot Holiday Worlds waterpark has a great atmosphere to include live band performances.

Let us know what you decide to do or should I say let us know how it was and if it was worth the trip. I know several who have traveled further and above age 10 who have enjoyed more than one visit. Have fun!!!

Straight Forward IMO, and many others who walk into my job at work tell me, "Holiday World isn't worth it at all". Yes it's fun when you first arrive, but maybe for an hour or two. The park is basically a place for Kids 10 and younger. If you do choose to go, you better ride every single water water slide, if you don't, the boredom will strike faster. Go Kings Island or somewhere else worth the drive. The only way Holiday World would be a park to travel, is if they offer some thrill rides.

Who am I to not take your word for it about others who tell you their opinion about HW. I own a small business and see numerous customers on a daily basis and I rarely ever hear a negative word about HW and never once have heard the word boredom used to describe their day at HW. Understand this is what many customers, family and friends tell me knowing my love for Kings Island, As one who has been to HW first hand and being much older than 10 with most family and friends above the age of 10 HW is a great place to visit for any age. I understand that some may not enjoy HW for their own reasons but I know tons of enthusiasts to include mainly coaster enthusiast who love HW and go out of there way to go there to include passing by KI.

CodyDL many coaster enthusiasts enjoy visiting out of the way theme parks to experience for their-self and like traveling to do so, if you are in that category then I would suspect you will be glad you made the journey. I could name many theme/coaster enthusiast and fan club members who travel great distances to enjoy what HW has to offer and often return for another visit. Please understand every park including Disney has their cynical critics and you should understand who you get your reviews from if they are that important and if they have actually even been to HW. I would bet if you are at all tempted to travel that far to go to HW then you are a enthusiast at heart and will not be disappointed. I will give deference to those who say HW waterpark is a big part of their enjoyment factor but as one who enjoys water parks a lot Holiday Worlds waterpark has a great atmosphere to include live band performances.

Let us know what you decide to do or should I say let us know how it was and if it was worth the trip. I know several who have traveled further and above age 10 who have enjoyed more than one visit. Have fun!!!

Well said and +1

A trip to HW should be a must for everyone. I'm still smiling from my rides on The Voyage.

I love HW. Every year my mom, my brother and his wife, and I go. I love it because they can have fun with me. They dont like rollercoasters or the high thrill rides, but they enjoy the smaller rides that HW has. Also the water park is by far the best one i have ever been too. Its clean and has just about every kind of slide. Plus there customer service is amazing. The employees love there jobs there and you can see it on there faces. Im just sad that this year, we will not be going as a family. It will be the first time in ten years that we will not be going. Money issues with me and my brother are what are keeping us from going. I say if you get the chance to go, go for it, dont miss out.

^Please. You could maybe say that for The Voyage in its first few seasons before it became as rough as it is now. Legend and Raven though are both incredibly over-rated by the fanny pack folks.

Please name one coaster at KI that is head-to-head better than any coaster at Holiday World. KI's coasters are, in comparison, trim braked, forceless kiddie rides that don't even leave you sore the next day!

^Please. You could maybe say that for The Voyage in its first few seasons before it became as rough as it is now. Legend and Raven though are both incredibly over-rated by the fanny pack folks.

Please name one coaster at KI that is head-to-head better than any coaster at Holiday World. KI's coasters are, in comparison, trim braked, forceless kiddie rides that don't even leave you sore the next day!

It's true when you think about it....Holiday World has three of the most fast paced, non stop speed rides I have seen. Heck, on the Voyage, every time there are brakes, it goes right back into full speed!

^

That's because Holiday World knows what a midcourse brake run is for. They use it properly, unlike KI where every single midcourse they have is set up as a trim brake. Couple that with having trim brakes every 100 yards or so and you end up with a KI coaster, nothing at all like anything at Holiday World.

As far as wooden coasters go, in my opinion, only Son of Beast is higher than Holiday World's three coasters.

As far as wooden coasters go, in my opinion, only Son of Beast is higher than Holiday World's three coasters.

The first drop on SOB is my favorite of any woody I have ever ridden, but can it really be used in the comparison of HW's running coasters right now?

Back on topic, I hope we are going to see something new on the dry side of the park this year!

The first drop on SOB is my favorite of any woody I have ever ridden, but can it really be used in the comparison of HW's running coasters right now?

Back on topic, I hope we are going to see something new on the dry side of the park this year!

Holiday World needs that. With two straight waterpark additions, it's time for some new dry thrills!

As someone who is now 31 and have been to many parks with much greater coaster collections I made the journey from East Tennessee to Holiday World last year. I came away feeling it was nearly my favorite park of all time just behind my home park of Dollywood. I am a huge thrill seeker and wasn't disappointed in HW the slightest bit and I only stepped foot on the Wildebeeest on the wet side the remainder of the day was spent on the dry side. I should also note I can easily enjoy an entire day at Lake Winnie never being bored. I feel it's about the approach you take when going to parks of varying sizes. When I go to KI, SF, CP, and so on I'm rushing from coaster to coaster trying to squeeze them all into a day often missing out on the smaller things. When I go to a smaller park I'm rarely rushing and find myself enjoying the park as a whole. Also if this tells anything next Thursday I will again be making the journey to Holiday World taking 3 newbies with me, granted I'll be up in Louisville Wed. for the NKOTBSB concert so the side trip made perfect sense, but we chose HW over KI. Not that I don't love KI mind you.

As for the topic I feel this will be another water park investment it makes sense it's the parks bread and butter. I'm thinking it'll be of the aqua loop variety, likely a 2 loop complex with perhaps another couple slides mixed in and possibly a flow rider added to the side.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I can totally see HW being the first "official" owners of a Gravity Group Splinter. (I say "official" since Lost Coaster at Indiana Beach was CCI's doing, not TGG's.) That's my fanboy hope, but realistically, I'd sooner guess they're adding a flat to the Fourth of July section. As for what kind of flat? I've got no idea.

Alrighty here. This may just be a really random dream of mine, but what about a 4th of July expansion? That area is quite small and could use an enhancement. This is where I go crazy though, because what if they expand over the road? Like a sort of bridge. I do believe they own that land as well.

Just read this tweet from Holiday World's Twitter...

Getting calls from the news media regarding next Wednesday's BIG announcement for 2012. (Did I mention it's a $9 million investment?)

http://twitter.com/#...591192728420352

Uhh... $9 million? According to RCDB, Voyage cost $8.5 million... This is going to be interesting.

When I go to KI, SF, CP, and so on I'm rushing from coaster to coaster trying to squeeze them all into a day often missing out on the smaller things.

Why would you attempt this, though? This is equivalent to trying to experience Disney in a day. Get a hotel room, and give yourself some time to enjoy the little things. Cedar Point, at least, has not been a 1-day park for nearly 15 years.

^ Hence why I allowed five days for my first trip to CP.

Back on topic:

HW just posted this on Twitter:

Next Wednesday's announcement for 2012 includes something for @HolidayWorld and something else for @SplashinSafari.

So both sides of the park are getting something. Nice!

Oh. So the $9 million could be all together.

But, really - does Splashin' Safari need anymore slides? At least not now.

I bet its going to be a huge water park expansion for the water park with a huge slide complex. For the theme park, improvements, and maybe a new ride or two.

Holiday World also needs more bodyslides in my opinion...wait a min....Holiday World has NO body slides come to think of it. Atomic Pipeline Proslide Complex maybe coming to this park.