New at Holiday World for 2012

myself, im thinkin it's gonna be a few small rides to make-up a new section on the dry park side. only way i can see expansion to 4th of july is with removing a ride to put something in it's place, or rip-out holidog's fun town & go that way (but i dont see either of those happening.

I don't know if anyone posted this already, but this was in their weekly newsletter:

Park President Dan Koch will reveal the exciting new chapter in the Holiday World history book at 11am CDT in the Holiday Theater on Christmas Plaza.

So, this is going to make park history?

Some points from various HW&SS posts

Woozy

Big

New Chapter

$9 Million

"Yes, it's true. This will be the most we've ever invested in a single ride project. Huge. #HW"

This makes me think it will be in the dry park and that it will probably be more then a flat ride. While I don't have any clue as to how much flat rides cost, I don't see them being this expensive.

I could really see a Gerstlaur spinning coaster. Only thing holding that idea back is there is one at SFStL. I don't know if they would put one of those in so close to one of their competitors.

HW just posted this on Twitter:

Next Wednesday's announcement for 2012 includes something for @HolidayWorld and something else for @SplashinSafari.

So both sides of the park are getting something. Nice!

Some points from various HW&SS posts

"Yes, it's true. This will be the most we've ever invested in a single ride project. Huge. #HW"

Interesting. First, they say it's two projects, one for each side of the park. Then they say that the $9M is for "a single ride project". Makes me wonder how much they're spending on the other project...

Yeah that makes me curious too. And for the closeness factor for a spinning coaster, the drive between them is at least over 5 hours, since when I lived in Bloomington, IL it was over 3 and 1/2 hour's worth of driving. They serve 2 completely different markets, and 2 WindSeeker's are located about 4 hours apart, so I don't see any problem. I've never been to Holiday World, but maybe this new addition will be able to coax my parents to take me.... ;)

-MagmMForce247 :)

Can't believe I didn't come across this earlier. In an article Holiday World posted:

"It's something that's familiar and yet it's brand new," she said. "There's a brand new twist to something that will be familiar to our guests."

Hmm. Any thoughts?

We just got back from Missouri, I can tell you that the fast food restaurants as far west as Effingham. are giving out Holiday World coupons.

The commercials are NON STOP around here. They have convinced my family to return tomorrow so I guess it is working.

Free soft drinks are familiar to guests. Maybe a huge slide complex filled entirely filled with free soda?tongue.gif

@ first thought, that sounds great, after letting it sink in for a little, i see that as being a nightmare to the people who have to clean up all the spillage & not to mention draining the water due to the contamination from spilled drinks, & thirdly, the town itself isnt that great on there water supply. (takes a deep breath)wink.gif

EDIT:

on a side tangent:

i know this is a shot in the dark, but maybe a well themed splinter concept by gravity group???

Only three more days till the announcement! In a way, this is more exciting than whenever Kings Island announces what's new - mainly because we have had NO hints or speculation about the new attraction/ride/Haunt maze!, while Holiday World is keeping us posted.

, this is more exciting than whenever Kings Island announces what's new - mainly because we have had NO hints or speculation about the new attraction/ride/Haunt maze!, while Holiday World is keeping us posted.

That may be changing. Under the ownership of Cedar Fair we might get hints about future rides. Look at Canadas Wonderland. While that may not be a full on scavenger-hunt like what Hersheypark does at least its something.

http://www.holidayworld.com/node/3570

If you're not able to be with us in person, please join us via our UStream Channel . Air-time (couldn't resist the pun) is 11am CDT. Of course, we'll also post the ride information and some very cool animation on the Holiday World & Splashin' Safari website.

HW commented on Facebook that the blog post you linked contains both "hints" and "non-hints". So some of the things in that post that appear to be hints aren't hints? This isn't teasing, it's torture!

You're itching for another hint, aren't you? Okay, here's one: we're going to gain a new record and give up an old one with the ride we're announcing tomorrow. If you'd like to watch the announcement, but can't be here, please check our UStream Channel at 11am CDT: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/​holidayworld

http://www.facebook.com/HolidayWorld/posts/199588560100110

Interesting...