Backlot Stunt coaster and Crypt closed today

Oh yes, trash cans make things better. And I guess I worded it wrong, just because the ride is closed, doesn't mean it's being improved. If that was the case, then that ghost by Flight Deck would be improved by now.

It would? How can you be so sure..

I said just because a ride is closed doesn't mean that it's getting improved. If that was the case, then the ghost by FD would be fixed. Which means that a ride can close for many reasons. Not just because it's getting fixed. If every time a ride closed it was getting improved, then that would mean the ghost was getting improved because it's closed. But since that is not the case, that means nothing.

They don't improve rides in the middle of the season. Unless something happened to the ride and it has to be fixed.

They don't?

Who saw neither lava-esque LEDs on The Crypt, nor a completely re-designed queue in Flight of Fear on April 30, 2011... And in 2009, didn't the Crypt begin with nine flips, and end with two? Perhaps not an "improvement" to you, but certainly one for me and probably the park.

And think of Disney parks. If an important effect or set of lights does not work, the ride is closed as soon as the opportunity presents itself to do with the least interference. The work is completed, the effect is restored, and the ride is re-opened so that guest experience can remain of paramount importance. Those sorts of parks don't have an off-season, and major work is completed nonetheless!

Do I think that these two particular rides were closed to facilitate some big change? Doubtful. Saturday of the Spirit Song festival seems a most idiotic time to do that... But things do change mid-season!

Probably nothing major, but none of us can say for sure.

Backlot Stunt Coaster uses an advanced electrical technology called linear induction motors to launch, and it has three launch zones. As such, there are a lot of things that can go wrong at any given time from a computer point of view, and I think it's pretty standard for situations like this to occur. I can't remember an opening day that that ride has worked, only because it seems like it takes a while for the technology to wake up and get going correctly. Flight of Fear uses the same technology, and it's down a lot, too.

And Dalefan, I haven't seen the Crypt down yet this year. I'd say it's had better uptime this season and last than any time in the past, even as Tomb Raider: The Ride. Love it or hate it, the two flip cycle does wonders, and I think that proves exactly why it was installed, and why it's still in use (granted, I'd still love it if it just went around one more time at the end and did one more flip... It would at least make the ride seem more worth it).

Backlot Stunt Coaster uses an advanced electrical technology called linear induction motors to launch, and it has three launch zones.

Three launch zones? There's the main launch, then the launch where the helicopter shoots at you? Where's the third one? :blink:

^ There's a third "booster" launch just before the train "bursts" out of the billboard. It's insurance in case the train can't make it over that hill.

And you can feel it, too. Quite easily, if you know to look for it. I think there are two on each side of the track (compared to the thirteen or fourteen on each side for the main launch). The fins are sliding through the extra LIMs in this photo:

IJST3.JPG