cedar point rumor

I've heard (and seen) that a Dinosaurs Alive(!) park was coming to CP for 2012, with a "bigger" instillation coming for 2013, so this goes along with that. Apparently, KI's DA(!) has been quite the cash cow, so to speak.

I am fine with there being a DA at Kings Island, but not having another one at CP. To me, DA is something special to KI and it should stay that way. Also, if I was in charge of CP I wouldn't want to use any of the already limited space on something that isn't a roller coaster. CP is in desperate need of a new one imo

I am fine with there being a DA at Kings Island, but not having another one at CP. To me, DA is something special to KI and it should stay that way.

As far as GP goes, CP and KI both pull from distinctively different markets, with some overlap. DA! at CP will be a new experience to a vast majority of guests. They're quite satisfied with the results of KI's DA!, so they're ready to spread them around.

Also, if I was in charge of CP I wouldn't want to use any of the already limited space on something that isn't a roller coaster. CP is in desperate need of a new one imo

1. The DA! is supposed to go on Millennium Island, taking the path that is now occupied by HalloWeekend's Terror Island. The floating bridge will be installed permanently, in all likelyhood closing Paddlewheel Excursions (unless they construct a raised bridge for the boats to travel under).

2. CP isn't in "desperate need" of a new coaster... they have arguably the best variety of coasters of any park, and are currently tied for the most coasters in one park. I'm sure one will come to CP in the next few years (likely 2013), but I wouldn't at all say that it's "needed".

I think with Millennium Force, Maverick, Raptor, Top Thrill, and Magnum they have a line up that can certainly sustain a 'dry period.' In my experience a lot of the GP (even here in Indy) still see Millennium as the end all be all of roller coasters. I would love to see the rumored B&M Wingrider come to fruition and I believe it would be an excellent addition to an already stellar thrill ride line up. That being said I don't think that the Point would see a significant drop off in attendance even if they didn't install a new coaster until 2014.

Rumors! Barney the Dinosaur and B oring & M edicre! If anything, CP needs to be looking to remove one or both of the two B&M pieces of crap that they have and replacing then with something good! I find Craptor and Trim Brake: The Ride to be two of the four most worthless coasters at CP (Iron Drag and Mean Streak being the third and fourth). But I love CP. I would hate to see it install either another B&M or road side gyp joint style fake dinosaurs, both of which are far beneath a park of CP's stature!

2. CP isn't in "desperate need" of a new coaster... they have arguably the best variety of coasters of any park, and are currently tied for the most coasters in one park. I'm sure one will come to CP in the next few years (likely 2013), but I wouldn't at all say that it's "needed".

Yes CP has a great variety, but they are not tied for the most coasters in one park. Six Flags Magic Mountain added 2 coasters this season making them the highest with 18 versus Cedar Point's 17.

• Like 1

i didn't see any other posts on here but, theme park review is reporting a new B & M coming to CP for 2013. has any one else heard this?

I don't believe anything that comes from Themepark Review anymore. The guy who runs it along with alot of the members have been seen and heard saying that they are better then all of the coaster fan sites and coasters clubs. The guy who runs it also has been known to ban people for the little stuff and who speak against him or do not agree with something he says in a thread. He also has a warning posted on the page at the bottom of the site. It says, Disclaimer! You need a sense of humor to view our site, if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now! As far as the CP rumor, i had heard that it was a B&M coming to Cedar Point in 2013. I hear that on the other fan sites.

• Like 1

I really don't want to see Cedar Point build coasters, just so they have the most. Just because Cedar Point doesn't have the most, doesn't mean it's not as good as it used to be. That's like saying Kings Island is a bad park because they don't have the most coasters. People get tied up about this so much, that they forget all the good coasters the park has. Like Magnum, Raptor, MF, TTD, Maverick, and Gemini.

I really don't want to see Cedar Point build coasters, just so they have the most. Just because Cedar Point doesn't have the most, doesn't mean it's not as good as it used to be. That's like saying Kings Island is a bad park because they don't have the most coasters. People get tied up about this so much, that they forget all the good coasters the park has. Like Magnum, Raptor, MF, TTD, Maverick, and Gemini.

Someone should tell SFMM that. Lol.

• Like 1

I've been guessing the first of the new 4D B&M for awhile now. Gardaland's Raptor has always been rumored to be a step in that direction and I assume Furious Basco was Intamin's attempt. Win B&M. Intamin should stick with their ground hugging and launched awesomeness, and more gigas! Please Hershy please!

• 4 weeks later...

My mom has a close friend that goes around and draws out plans and constructs rollercoasters and he got a call from Cedar Point and they are in fact making another roller coaster that is set to open in 2013. He also said that some oringinal ride will have to be moved to other parts of the Cedar Point theme park and that is all the information that he gave us, as to he did not want us to spoil it for more Cedar Point fans.

^ I can't wait to see this one on Screamscape....

Hahah! I think its on there now!

But honestly, where could they put this? That is the advantage KI has over CP, CP is landlocked, KI is not. This is why I believe KI will surpass them in the future...

i Agree with you this may seem a little funny but maybe in the future Kings Island could become the coaster capital of the world?

\Wondering what Cedar Point’s new attraction will be next year? You’ll know by week's end.

Cedar Point will announce its plans for 2012 this week, spokesman Robin Innes said Tuesday.

Dick Kinzel, Cedar Point’s CEO, had no comment Monday when asked about speculation that Cedar Point plans to install an animatronic dinosaur show, similar to the “Dinosaurs Alive!” area at Cedar Fair’s Kings Island amusement park.

The park also said it's changing the names of some HalloWeekends offerings to allay concerns from mental health professionals who were offended by last year's attractions.

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/%5Bnode%3Avocab%3A9%3Aterm%3Aurl%5D/%5Bnode%3Avocab%3A5%3Aterm%3Aurl%5D/2011/aug/17/cedar-point-poised-big-announcement

I believe it is safe to say, it will not be a coaster.

"The park also said it's changing the names of some HalloWeekends offerings to allay concerns from mental health professionals who were offended by last year's attractions."

What were the attractions, and why were mental health professionals offended?

"The park also said it's changing the names of some HalloWeekends offerings to allay concerns from mental health professionals who were offended by last year's attractions."

What were the attractions, and why were mental health professionals offended?

They were offended because they chose to take offense.

Seriously, the only way one can be offended is to make a conscious decision to take offense to something. That something, regardless of what it is, cannot automatically cause one to take offense against his/her will.