Mini-trip report. 7-10-11

Tanna

Approximately 4:30, I went to Boomarang Bay, and my husband and I stomped all through the bamboo at the north side of the wave pool, hoping to find either my glasses and/or driver's license. Actually, to find anything.

No one said anything. Didn't find anything but an army of cigarette butts and cigarette packages, and I've already gave my opinion of smoking outside the designated areas.

Then went to Lost and Found for one last try.

After that, my husband suggested that we go in and get some water. Evidently I was looking pale. We went in, got water, was looking for a cool place to be, and saw Boo Blasters. There was no line, and I always wanted to try it. My husband had never been in a dark ride before. It's really cute and fun.

Breezed right onto White Water Canyon, Then finally found "The Big Black Room" ride. I'd never ridden The Crypt, and wondered why people were complaining about lack of theming, there was some demon statues and tiki whatevers along the line. Then I got to the Big Black Room. For such a short ride, all they have is a row of colored lights?

The only rides that had about a 45 minute wait were Diamondback, Stunt Car (It's open), and Firehawk. Finally rode Invertigo, liked it, didn't think it was too short for what it does, and it lives up to it's name. Sitting on the bench outside, we saw many people walk away from it like drunken cowboys. Most of Coney Island besides FoF and WindSeeker were walk on. Fof seemed really smooth and fast today.

I didn't take anything with me but a 20 dollar bill, ten smokes, and my pass.

Considering I only went over there to stomp bamboo, I had a great day, and my good memories of the amusement park were restored.

Need to find out where the Backyard BBQ is, though. Directions, anyone?

Thanks! Looks like a great place. Been wanting to try it.

With nothing to carry around, I had the best time I'd had in years. Genuinely thinking of getting a spare pair of cheap prescription sports glasses and looking like a doofus, so I don't have to worry about my good glasses getting lost.