if you could...

Harry Potter would be cool, but Universal owns the rights for it, so I doubt Cedar Fair will ever get their hands on the series. But, I would add some music in Backlot's Que, because it gets boring when you wait for the ride. I'd also restore the Tower Gardens and replace the organ in the Carousel.

If you could make one change to KI what would you do? ex. scenery, ride styles, owners etc.

I would choose a new ride/scenery and i would say Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride From USO.

Repaint Flight deck to the original gray/red color scheme. Maybe rename it to Afterburn.

Harry Potter would be cool, but Universal owns the rights for it, so I doubt Cedar Fair will ever get their hands on the series. But, I would add some music in Backlot's Que, because it gets boring when you wait for the ride. I'd also restore the Tower Gardens and replace the organ in the Carousel.

another thing tht would be nice for this ride is "Fast Pass" again

Just one change? That makes it harder. I think I would add a full service restaurant. Change the one near Diamondback to be a regular Montgomery Inn with wait staff and everything. Personally, I think the park could use about 3 full service restaurants (one with barbeque, one with italian, and maybe a buffet or something).

Runner Ups:

- A new B&M invert.

- A wild mouse coaster.

- Some Octoberfest love of some sort.

Just one change? That makes it harder. I think I would add a full service restaurant. Change the one near Diamondback to be a regular Montgomery Inn with wait staff and everything. Personally, I think the park could use about 3 full service restaurants (one with barbeque, one with italian, and maybe a buffet or something).

Runner Ups:

- A new B&M invert.

- A wild mouse coaster.

- Some Octoberfest love of some sort.

- No winter feast?

Okay, so I've though of some other stuff.

- Reopen the International Street Restaurant

- Add some televisions in Invertigo's and Drop Tower's ques, since those rides usually have very long waits

- Give Vortex an audio soundtrack to play in the station

- Reopen the 50 foot observation deck on the Tower and extend the barrier that leads into the elevator shaft upwards, so we won't have two Tower Johnnys.

- Rename Flight Deck to Afterburn and repaint it to the Red/Grey paint scheme and add on board audio, to make it feel like you are flying a plane.

- Improve the Halloween Haunt mazes and hire better monsters this year.

- Add a corn hole tourny, back near the Picnic Grove.

- Add a new attraction to the Bay.

- Book a Battle of the Bands contest.

- Add the water jets on Backlot and give it a soundtrack and add the doors on the cars.

- Fix the Festhaus clock.

- Play least pop soundtracks throughout the park, and add more classic rock/alternative songs to the playlist.

- Add a tunnel on Diamondback between the second and third hill.

That's about all I have, I'll add stuff later while I can think of more.

My list:

-Add more scenery and trees to Boomerang Bay's open areas.

-Add a new slide to Boomerang Bay....

-Make Oktoberfest feel like Oktoberfest

-Consider Sling Shot being in Action Zone (it's weird to have that in whats supposed to be a German themed area)

-Add music to every roller coaster (while waiting in line)

-Make Flight Deck a little bit more obvious to find (have signs that say "This way to Flight Deck")

That's all mine.

But, I would add some music in Backlot's Que, because it gets boring when you wait for the ride.

Backlot Stunt Coaster did get queue music this season. :) It plays the soundtrack from "Oceans Eleven" (which maintains the suave, spy, action-crime motif about as near to The Italian Job as they can get) and also plays music by Frank Sinatra. It works very well thematically!

- Add a relaxing log flume through the woods that cools you off w/o being soaked.

I think this is one of the biggest problems with water rides. All I can think of is Cedar Point. You can choose either the splashdown with the enormous wave, the raft ride with the waterfalls and geysers, or the flume ride that sprays hoses right in your face. There's no light misting anymore. It's like, you will be soaked, dripping, and drenched all day, it's just a question of which method you'd like to get there.

But as people have said, as long as they make $5.00 family dryers, I wouldn't expect that to change...

I'd have a "best guest ever" contest based on a points-system. Everytime somebody is observed being courteous to others, or helping out in a good way, they earn points good toward epic, mystery prizes awarded at the end of the day, announced on a popular radio station or something. So like at, I dunno, Speedway or something, they can check their 'point balance' on line or something. Heck, there can even be points for buying food, playing midway games, or even attending certain attractions. There can be like, mega pointbusters for getting caught line-jumping, POVing, flashmobbing the Carousel, or shouting obscenities and stuff.

Well, it looks good on paper, anyway...

- Add a relaxing log flume through the woods that cools you off w/o being soaked.

I think this is one of the biggest problems with water rides. All I can think of is Cedar Point. You can choose either the splashdown with the enormous wave, the raft ride with the waterfalls and geysers, or the flume ride that sprays hoses right in your face. There's no light misting anymore. It's like, you will be soaked, dripping, and drenched all day, it's just a question of which method you'd like to get there.

But as people have said, as long as they make $5.00 family dryers, I wouldn't expect that to change...

how about something like its a small world.

Waldameer in Erie has a VERY nice log flume- no $5.00 needed & built just a few years back.

Exactly. It's possible to have a relaxing, quick-spritz, no-fuss log flume to cool you off, but not leaving you sopping wet. But people pay for the family dryers, and I bet three or four uses per day and those things pay for themselves.

It's just a shame that, with Shoot the Rapids, they couldn't even be subtle (like an elephant shower, or a spitting beagle). Instead, you're literally hosed down from both sides with rough, hard water jets spraying right into you. So at Cedar Point, your choices are soaked, soaked, or soaked. Seems like a waste of man power to keep all three running! :P

shoot-the-rapids-06.jpg_920.jpg

I like the looks on all their faces... Are we having fun yet?

GYK, who once sat his friend down and forced her to watch a POV video of Shoot the Rapids. Her response throughout: "Are you kidding me?" Doesn't quite have the speed of our flume, does it? And somehow, it has even less themeing... And nothing like water in both ears after that smaller drop, eh?

One thing? Son of Beast.... They need to bite the bullet and make a decision, whatever that might be!

i must saying im starting to agree... IK SHOCKING ISN'T IT?

i would say for cheapest would be replace suports and track and change rosebowl.

Honestly, I'm trying to help... Re-read your posts. Use spell check. Copy and paste everything you type into Microsoft Word if your internet browser doesn't come equipped with a spelling and grammar check of its own. Either you are really, really rushing, or you are not the age that our terms of service require you to be in order to create an account here. Or (worst of all), you are of appropriate age and still making these errors without even bothering to look back before posting.

The pronoun "I" is capitalized when used to reference oneself. Always. Always. Always. "I'm" is a contraction (a combination of two words) that joins "I" and "am." As such, it, too, is capitalized. Always. (Unless, of course, you're poet e. e. cummings, which I can be sure you're not).

And you literally used the sentence: "I must saying I'm starting to agree." I corrected your capitalization and punctuation and it's still a mess. Literally read that sentence aloud to yourself. Is that a sentence at all? Would you ever verbally speak like that? So why type like it? Another sentence: "I would say for cheapest would be replace supports..." Again, read that aloud. Really.

I'm not picking on you or asking for the world. Part of the terms of service of this community require you to use correct spelling and grammar. I can't even begin to actually comment on the point you're making because my mind is so fried from trying to figure out what it is you mean. I promise you that you have the potential to become a great contributor to this website, and that your opinions will be heard. But you need to express them before they can be understood, much less commented on.

One thing? Son of Beast.... They need to bite the bullet and make a decision, whatever that might be!

i must saying im starting to agree... IK SHOCKING ISN'T IT?

i would say for cheapest would be replace suports and track and change rosebowl.

Honestly, I'm trying to help... Re-read your posts. Use spell check. Copy and paste everything you type into Microsoft Word if your internet browser doesn't come equipped with a spelling and grammar check of its own. Either you are really, really rushing, or you are not the age that our terms of service require you to be in order to create an account here. Or (worst of all), you are of appropriate age and still making these errors without even bothering to look back before posting.

The pronoun "I" is capitalized when used to reference oneself. Always. Always. Always. "I'm" is a contraction (a combination of two words) that joins "I" and "am." As such, it, too, is capitalized. Always. (Unless, of course, you're poet e. e. cummings, which I can be sure you're not).

And you literally used the sentence: "I must saying I'm starting to agree." I corrected your capitalization and punctuation and it's still a mess. Literally read that sentence aloud to yourself. Is that a sentence at all? Would you ever verbally speak like that? So why type like it? Another sentence: "I would say for cheapest would be replace supports..." Again, read that aloud. Really.

I'm not picking on you or asking for the world. Part of the terms of service of this community require you to use correct spelling and grammar. I can't even begin to actually comment on the point you're making because my mind is so fried from trying to figure out what it is you mean. I promise you that you have the potential to become a great contributor to this website, and that your opinions will be heard. But you need to express them before they can be understood, much less commented on.

Fixed and i am of age just rushing. Thanks!Used to Face Book short cuts. :)

The effort is appreciated.

I can't comment on why the Interpreter said what he did in response to your post, but on my behalf, it's sort of laughable that your solution is to replace "the supports, the track, and the rose-bowl." So... Build a new roller coaster? Aside from that, there are many folks on this discussion board who are far, far wiser than either you or I when it comes to this issue. If even they don't have a financial figure to show how much any given change would cost (be it new trains, new track, topper track, Iron Horse track, Intamin work, etc) then there's absolutely no way you or I could know for sure what would be the cheapest.

It's very possible that the demolition of Son of Beast and a brand new GCI wooden coaster in its place would be the cheapest option in the long run. Really! That plan may have the lowest initial investment, and even if it doesn't there's no way to know what Son of Beast may cost even after a "fix" is found. Another lawsuit? Another accident? New trains? Those might need factored in... And don't forget that Cedar Fair pays undoubtedly massive amounts of money to an insurance company, just like you or I. The difference is, they're insuring multi-million dollar contraptions with hundreds or thousands of moving parts which millions of people ride on each year. The insurance rate offered just to open Son of Beast ("fixed" or not) may be so astronomical that it's not worth paying. We as visitors and even enthusiasts simply do not know those raw numbers, so we do not know which potential choice is cheapest.