Anyone have any idea as to what new houses may be coming this year for haunt and what houses may be leaving?

I know for a fact Trail of Terror has seen its last days since Dinosaurs Alive has eaten up the trail.

I also think Massacre Manor will be leaving as there is a giant lazer tag thing in the building its suppose to be set up in.

Nothing has been made official (or, "for a fact") yet. For all we know, Kings Island may not even have a Halloween Haunt this year. I wouldn't get too upset before anything official is announced. (What I'm saying, Haunt_Mouse, is welcome, and be cautious of definite wording! I don't think any of us can say for sure what might happen to the park tomorrow, much less this fall. Even those who do know for a fact can't say here...)

And even if Massacre Manor is gone (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it has been around under various titles since the days of Paramount's FearFest. It's natural that older houses (or ineffective ones) be bumped off to make props and payroll available for new ones. So even if it's true that those two haunts are gone (which, again, is not confirmed or even hinted at by the park) then there'll be something that their parts are used towards soon enough.

I was hoping/expecting that the original Fearsome Four - Trail of Terror, Massacre Manor, Death Row, and CarnEVIL - would be given a massive overhaul or even removed between this year and next, as they are the oldest of the bunch and turn 10 years old this Haunting season. That said, if there is no replacement for or relocation of the Trail, you're talking about a major blow to the event as it is one of, if not, THE most popular attraction the Haunt has to offer.

As to what shall replace either of those two attractions if those aren't coming back? No idea. I'd take a pretty good guess that this isn't the end of Trail of Terror. Not to mention, there's still quite a number of locations to house a maze that either have yet to be used or haven't been used in a while....

Guest PizzaBaby027

Trail or Terror is not gone, I was told by Tony head of ride operations that if Dinosours Alive goes well then they will have a double attraction, haunt at night and dino at day!

Anyone have any idea as to what new houses may be coming this year for haunt and what houses may be leaving?

I know for a fact Trail of Terror has seen its last days since Dinosaurs Alive has eaten up the trail.

I also think Massacre Manor will be leaving as there is a giant lazer tag thing in the building its suppose to be set up in.

They could most probably remove the lazer maze during haunt and still put up massacre manor, as attractions like those usual don't operate during Haunt. Then next offseason they could probaly put up the lazer maze again. As for the Trail of Terror, they may have put Dinosaurs Alive on a different path than where the haunted trail leads. I doubt they would get rid of Trail of Terror as this is one of the more popular haunted trails.

They could most probably remove the lazer maze during haunt and still put up massacre manor, as attractions like those usual don't operate during Haunt. Then next offseason they could probaly put up the lazer maze again. As for the Trail of Terror, they may have put Dinosaurs Alive on a different path than where the haunted trail leads. I doubt they would get rid of Trail of Terror as this is one of the more popular haunted trails.

actually the lazer maze doesnt even enterfere with MM...

As long as they keep that tiny hunk of asphalt for Cornhuskers and not move to say... an area more natural to said Cornhuskers, I'm just great.

CornSTALKERS hang around Halloween Haunt, while CornHUSKERS can typically be found in Nebraska. ;)

haha. I see you haven't been through that haunt. Believe me, it's Cornhuskers.

As long as they keep that tiny hunk of asphalt for Cornhuskers and not move to say... an area more natural to said Cornhuskers, I'm just great.

CornSTALKERS hang around Halloween Haunt, while CornHUSKERS can typically be found in Nebraska. ;)

that be where your wrong. TRUST ME!!!

cornstalkers_large.jpgall_large.jpg

that be where your wrong. TRUST ME!!!

cornstalkers_large.jpgall_large.jpg

Then maybe taking them off the asphalt would result in more CornStalking and less CornHusking.

It's not a good haunt, believe me, no matter how many logos you paste up- and this is coming from a person with a fear of Mummers.

been going to haunt since 2007. was in urgent scare in 2009; this was the roster for (im pretty sure) the 2008 season as was on ki's haunt sight as a wallpaper. just thought id like to state that the statement of huskers instead of stalkers is 100% WRONG...

I think Tanna is referring to the LACK of stalks in cornSTALKERS, and thus ought to be renamed to cornHUSKERS. :P

Thank you, Ringmaster, you are correct.

I get it now. I was about to bust out the "This will be my 20th season working in the park, 4th season working Haunt" card to say I know what I'm talking about when I say the name is CornStalkers. :lol: Thanks for the clarification about it being your opinion! :)