Yes they did:

ffo_39.jpg

Curse of the Crypt was the first and only maze to go right behind the Coney Arcade. Its last year of operation was 2004. Several problems plagued this attraction, from the lack of lighting throughout most of the attraction (two-thirds were only lit with strobes pulsing similar to a beating heart), to numerous injuries sustained from both guest and actor (mostly attributed to the lack of lighting). Also, this was when the entrance to Death Row - back then, Maze of Madness - was situated where the souvenir stand beside Zephyr rests now, and having two lines that close together caused major headaches for guests. After the Crypt's closure, a vast majority of its props were moved to Tomb Raider, with bits and pieces finding their way into other attractions. In a bit of neat trivia, both Club Blood and Wolf Pack reuse some of Crypt's wall panels, which is kinda freaky given the original theme of Curse was a mix of vampires, werewolves, and mummies.

Okay, history lesson aside, it would be neat for them to finally utilize that space again, as it is a fairly large building. If Death Row or the building it sits in (the red shed opposite Flight of Fear) won't be used for this year's Haunt, then that could technically give X-Base an opportunity to regain another maze.

Anyone have any idea as to what new houses may be coming this year for haunt and what houses may be leaving?

I know for a fact Trail of Terror has seen its last days since Dinosaurs Alive has eaten up the trail.

I also think Massacre Manor will be leaving as there is a giant lazer tag thing in the building its suppose to be set up in.

From what ive heard death row is also going and the 2 new maze is some type of post-apocalyptic maze and i am not sure what the other one is. Maybe a doll factory but im not sure

There are many places where they could have mazes. I only wish the Scare Zones were random and not planned like a maze where you have to wait to go through. At both Busch G and Universal you are forced to go through the zones to get to the mazes, "no escape". The scareactors mingle with the crowd more than at KI. The only way this would work at KI, is it that they would have to close off pathways to filter the crowds through the zones.

You are correct. The first few years for Curse of the Crypt, the entrance was by the break the plate game. The exit was where the entrance was the last few seasons. The first season without that maze was the first season that they had the Sleepy Hollow maze in the tent on the former Salt Water Circus site, about where the transfer track for Diamondback now sits. Back in the day, when Haunt was not free with season passes, they did not have as many haunts as they have now. Once they included the haunts with admission and passes, they have expanded their offerings.

I miss the days when Cornstalkers used to be the path that ran from the floral clock to the restrooms down by Rivertown Pizza and there was no line required. You could just walk down the path in either direction. Not unlike how Frontier Trail is done up at Cedar Point for HalloWeekends.

Actually, the first season Sleepy Hollow Horror was at the 'Fest was the last year Curse was at the 'Fest.

I can definitely see a post-apocalyptic/zombie maze go in for our Haunt, much like Knott's Virus Z haunt:

That theme has enough blood and gore to satisfy Haunt management, and zombies are still cool and culturally relevant. Although it may be a bit too similar to Urgent Scare, which is technically a zombie/virus maze.

Glad they aren't giving up on CornStalkers. I think it's a neat concept that's just lacking the right execution (of course that could be said for a few other mazes as well). But after seeing CornStalkers at Cedar Point, I realized how much potential the idea has, can't wait to give it another shot.

Side note, seeing that picture of Curse of the Crypt has me feeling nostalgic. I loved that maze, it was my first maze at my first FearFest. Wish it was still there.

• Like 1

KingsIslandPR Twitter, just now:

New location for Cornstalkers will work well for that attraction at Halloween Haunt.

Wha-? There'll be no asphalt squishing between my hillbilly toes?

Hopefully to mirror the actual terrain of where corn grows. As a kid, I used to play hide and go seek in the corn, so I'm biased about it. It can actually be pretty scary when you get a few acres out.

Scarecrows frighten me. It's from growing up by LCI, where the convicts would make a break for it, and invariably end up in the cornfield, (no, not while I was playing hide and seek, or at least I hope)

I want to be frightened by this maze.

Glad they aren't giving up on CornStalkers. I think it's a neat concept that's just lacking the right execution (of course that could be said for a few other mazes as well). But after seeing CornStalkers at Cedar Point, I realized how much potential the idea has, can't wait to give it another shot.

Side note, seeing that picture of Curse of the Crypt has me feeling nostalgic. I loved that maze, it was my first maze at my first FearFest. Wish it was still there.

That maze holds a special place in my heart, as it was the first one I worked in at my first 'Fest. :)

Wow. Virus Z looks infinitely better than anything at KI's Haunt. Much more professional sets and costumes as well as prepared scareactors! Anything that would be close to that quality would be incredibly successful for KI's Haunt.

Just to let you know, the closest KI has ever gotten to that level of quality is Urgent Scare.

Now, this makes me wonder if CornStalkers is one of the two new attractions for this year. I say that because one of Kings Dominion's 'new' mazes is rumored to be a revamped CornStalkers. But I wouldn't be upset if this were the case. In fact, I kinda wish they considered Red Beard's Revenge from 2007 a 'new' attraction.

1. Wolf Pack (2010-present) [Son of Beast Station - Action Zone]

2. Slaughterhouse (2009-present) [stunt Crew Grill - Action Zone]

3. Urgent Scare (2008-present) [Action Theater Side B - Coney Mall]

4. Club Blood (2007-present) [Warehouse 69 - Action Zone]

5. Holiday Horror (2006) [in front of Skeeball Arcade - Coney Mall]

6. Scream Street (2006) [Tower Gardens - International Street]

The Cemetery (2007-2008)

Cemetery Drive (2009-present)

7. CornStalkers (2005-present) [Floral Clock to Rivertown - 2005-2007 - Rivertown; Timberwolf - 2008-2010 - Action Zone; ? - 2011 - ?]

8. The Gauntlet (2005) [next to Sling Shot - 2005 - Oktoberfest]

The Worksite - 2006-2008) [Dodgems to Floral Clock - 2006-2008 - Coney Mall]

9. Headless Hollow (2005-2006) [KI Railroad/White Water Canyon - Rivertown]

Tombstone Terrortory (2007-present)

10. Sleepy Hollow Horror (2004) [swan Lake Lawn - 2004-2005 - International Street]

Massacre Manor (2005)

Cowboy Carnage (2006) [Rivertown Mining Company - 2006 - Rivertown]

Red Beard's Revenge (2007-2008) [Rivertown Mining Company - 2007-2008 - Rivertown]

Cut-Throat Cove (2009-present) [Outer Hank's Back Porch Bar - 2009-present - Oktoberfest]

11. Route 666 (2003) [Antique Cars - Coney Mall]

12. House of Darkness (2001-2004) [Attitudes Warehouse - Coney Mall]

R.L. Stine's Fear Street Nights (2005)

Massacre Manor (2006-present)

13. Trail of Terror (2001-2002) [behind Firehawk - X-Base]

Psycho Path (2003-2006)

Trail of Terror (2007-2010)

14. Circus of Horrors 3D (2001-2006) [Festhaus - 2001-2005 - Oktoberfest; Enchanted Theater - 2006 - Planet Snoopy]

CarnEvil 3D (2007-present) [Enchanted Theater - 2007-present - Planet Snoopy]

15. Curse of the Crypt (2001-2004) [Coney Arcade Warehouse - Coney Mall]

16. The Sewer in 4D (2000) [Festhaus - Oktoberfest]

17. The Freezer (2000) [Eiffel Tower Base - 2000 - International Street]

Maze of Madness (2001-2005) [Warehouse 13 - 2001-present - X-Base]

The Asylum (2006)

Death Row (2007-present)

18. Pirate Jack and The Legend of Halloween in 4D (2000) [Kings Island Theater - International Street]

19. Torture Tower (2000) [Eiffel Tower - International Street]

20. Mummy's Revenge (2000) [Enchanted Theater - Planet Snoopy]

21. Museum of Horrors (2000) [boo Blasters on Boo Hill - Planet Snoopy]

All attractions are listed by year, starting with the most recent built, their location in the park, and the theme they originally debuted as, with their different incarnations listed below them (if applicable). RED attractions are ones installed and/or rethemed during the Haunt years. BLUE attractions are ones installed and/or rethemed during the FearFest years. BOLD attractions are ones still at the event as of now and in their current state. Note that this does not include the shows from over the years.

wow.

Thanks, Ringmaster. That was a bit of work.

(edited to add)

I wonder if they are going to toss in the sound of baying bloodhounds and a chewed up prisoner crawling through the rows to the corn maze. That would make my brother and I feel right at home.

Guest PizzaBaby027

If DA is popular enough, I was told that it will be used for trail of terror. Or maybe cornStalkers! This information comes from Tony, head of rides.

This is going to be my first year working at haunt and I get the chance to be a cornStalker. Not going to say anything else but the location, IMO, is the best place it has ever been. Can't wait to see everyone come through!!

you know that know there is going to be people going thru cornstalkers and when ever some one jumps out there going to say is that you KIcook304! lol

Guest PizzaBaby027

This is going to be my first year working at haunt and I get the chance to be a cornStalker. Not going to say anything else but the location, IMO, is the best place it has ever been. Can't wait to see everyone come through!!

you know that know there is going to be people going thru cornstalkers and when ever some one jumps out there going to say is that you KIcook304! lol

So then your telling us that it will be in a new location. I hope it is the DA pathway, I hope I am right!!!