hey guys i just got info from kings isalnd themselves and howl-o-fest is still free with admission in the same place :)

Halloween Haunt prices are lower than reg admission at only $20

(makes me happy im a season pass and Applying for a job at Halloween Haunt :) )

I do, too. Few things in life can beat working in a park. It's quite the education. To quote what is often said about another employer (one I could write volumes about), "it's not a job, it's an adventure!"

and thats why i want the job for the excitement and to enjoy what i do

There's still the Mystery of what the second Haunt maze is set to be. Unless they already gave out the name and we overlooked it or mistook it for something else.

i honestly dont think anyone of us would of passed it up while there are several people waiuting and checking everyday for it, but it is possible and ill be mad if i did miss it lol

Just imagine a Halloween Haunt where, like Kentucky Kingdom's Fright Fest, each house/maze is a separate upcharge attraction. Six dollars here, six dollars there.,,,,

I actually wouldn't mind that one bit if it would cut down on some of the 90minute to 2 hour lines commonly seen at the haunt. YOu could even do something like a buy 3 haunts get one free promotion or something. They would have to put the haunts on another level though and I think the overall guest experince would improve. Like in RCT you see the guest "Im tired of waiting for...." this is the same way I feel about the haunt.

• Like 1

OR they could just keep it free, and you could go on one of the first fridays of haunt when it isn't busy. It isn't my problem people don't go when it isn't crowded, why should I pay for Haunts to not wait in super long lines, when I can do it for free? :)

I'm sorry, but I am just sick of people and the park suggesting that we pay extra for everything. Fast Lane...Haunt.....and previously rumored, the waterpark. Shouldn't buying a season pass be enough?

• Like 1

I actually wouldn't mind paying a separate admission for Haunt if it meant that the haunts themselves underwent a massive upgrade to the level seen at Knott's or Universal. As it stands with the vast majority of the mazes they have available, they don't even pass the quality seen at a home haunt. So they'd need a complete overhaul of their event before they make it a separate admission.

OK, just found this on the KI website. (Go to the home page, click events, then click Halloween Haunt.) It talks about the types of haunted house featured there this year, like indoor, chain-link, AND WOODED AREAS. Sounds to me like Trail of Terror will be re :) turning.

^ That's just their generic description for the event that they've had for the past 10 or so years. Even with all of the different attractions they have available they've never added specific maze themes aside from the original four attractions (Trail, Death Row, CarnEvil, and Manor).

EDIT: Not to mention Tombstone Terrortory is also in the woods and is supposedly coming back.

Good luck interviewees! If you get the job PLEASE don't be one of the people that quits mid-season, or one of the people that just sits there and does nothing all night because they are "too tired, too sore, too lazy" it really ruins the guest experience when scareactors aren't giving it their all. Haunt is a difficult job, and physically demanding. The year I worked (2009) it was cold and raining almost every single weekend. You just have to learn with it and give it your all even if you feel like you have hypothermia! You will make a ton of friends, and it will be the best job you ever have!

Good luck interviewees! If you get the job PLEASE don't be one of the people that quits mid-season, or one of the people that just sits there and does nothing all night because they are "too tired, too sore, too lazy" it really ruins the guest experience when scareactors aren't giving it their all. Haunt is a difficult job, and physically demanding. The year I worked (2009) it was cold and raining almost every single weekend. You just have to learn with it and give it your all even if you feel like you have hypothermia! You will make a ton of friends, and it will be the best job you ever have!

i may not be in "that great of shape" but i can really do a lot of physical stuff (AND I GOT HIRED AND WILL NOT QUIT OR BE LAZY!!!!!)