The last time haunts ever opened earlier than 7pm was way back in 2004 when the indoor houses (House of Darkness, Circus of Horrors, Maze of Madness, and Curse of the Crypt) opened at 3pm.

I went to Slaughterhouse one night last year and it opened at six, as well as some other mazes. Maybe it was just a special for the night.

Guest TombraiderTy

The last time haunts ever opened earlier than 7pm was way back in 2004 when the indoor houses (House of Darkness, Circus of Horrors, Maze of Madness, and Curse of the Crypt) opened at 3pm.

Actually, Kings Island opened various indoor Haunts early on certain Saturdays last year.

The website is identical to Scarowinds, I wish they were more creative in the graphic design.

well the parks are both earned by Cedar Fair

True, but other parks in the chain don't have the same design so why does Carowinds and KI... Just something I noticed.

The majority of Kings Island visitors probably have no clue that a place called "Carowinds" exists, and couldn't care less if their websites look similar or identical. Just like how, during the Disney Decade, everyone complained about ride duplication. But do you think visitors to Disneyland give a rat's behind if a similar ride exists in Florida, or are they just happy to have a Tower of Terror?

Same goes for the WindSeekers, I think... The enthusiast community knows and complains, but do Kings Dominion's visitors really know or mind if there's another version of the ride in Ohio? Probably not.

• Like 1

I understand, the general public doesn't notice such things. Both websites have 2 thumbs up from Roger Deadbeat. I did a quick google check and couldn't find who it was. Did he attend both last season? Is this just for marketing? Is Roger real? Sorry, just saying what comes to mind when I see the site.

It's a spoof of Roger Ebert, the noted film critic who made the "thumbs up" slogan famous in film reviews. As you can see, his last name is "Deadbeat" (which is a Halloween-esque joke) and his two thumbs are severed. It's just for fun.

It's a spoof of Roger Ebert, the noted film critic who made the "thumbs up" slogan famous in film reviews. As you can see, his last name is "Deadbeat" (which is a Halloween-esque joke) and his two thumbs are severed. It's just for fun.

Well gezzz, I feel out of the loop! Glad I finally get it :lol:

Well gezzz, I feel out of the loop! Glad I finally get it :lol:

You shouldn't make jokes about that with Son of Beast still in purgatory... The train fell right out of the loop, ya know...

I got a Job as a zombie at what was called Cemetery, that's what is on all the paperwork i got, but i couldn't help but notice that Cemetery isn't an attraction this year... O.0 could someone try and fill me in on what this might mean? thanks :P

maybe your on a prank show :o

I got a Job as a zombie at what was called Cemetery, that's what is on all the paperwork i got, but i couldn't help but notice that Cemetery isn't an attraction this year... O.0 could someone try and fill me in on what this might mean? thanks :P

Considering CornStalkers has taken its place I was quite shocked to see Cemetery Drive not return this year. But now that there's confirmation of an attraction dubbed Cemetery, it may become a fear zone similar to Nightmare Alley. But again, seeing as how they list NA as an outdoor maze but describe it as a fear zone, it's a very confusing setup.

EDIT: From Kings Island's PR:

A fear zone is an area where monsters are lurking in the shadows.

Again, a vague definition of what a fear zone is.

What is there not to get guys? In the description of it it says "wandering mindlessly throughout the park"......it is a fear zone, just like around the Eiffel Tower where people chase you. I don't get why everyone is so confused about it.

never under estimate the stupidity of a teenager

Guest TombraiderTy

The website is identical to Scarowinds, I wish they were more creative in the graphic design.

Who cares? Not only will most members of the general public never even realize the two have the same format, but this newer layout looks much nicer and is far easier to navigate than the former scrolling version.

What is there not to get guys? In the description of it it says "wandering mindlessly throughout the park"......it is a fear zone, just like around the Eiffel Tower where people chase you. I don't get why everyone is so confused about it.

never under estimate the stupidity of a teenager

I am a teenager, actually, a young teenager.....

Anyways, I would like to say that while the old website was awesome for graphics and overall experience, the new one completely dominates it in layout, easy navigation, and overall ease of looking at it and browsing it. Much more easier for most people!