at it said this on the Howl-O-Fest page

Howl-O-Fest

October 1 - October 30

The Ultimate Kids Halloween Party!

Little ghouls and goblins absolutely love HOWL-O-FEST! There are all kinds of things that are fun-scary, not scary-scary. HOWL-O-FEST activities include a Costume Contest, Twisted Tales Maze, Gigantic Hay Bale Maze, Dance Party, Foam Pit, Tractor Town, Mask Painting, Games, Food and much more!

HOWL-O-FEST hours are from Noon until 5:30pm Saturdays and Sundays October 1 through October 30. This family-friendly event is included FREE with park admission tickets and 2011 season passes.

Kings Island’s rides and attractions are open during HOWL-O-FEST hours.

@haunt_mouse I think I've seen you in a YouTube vid for Halloween Haunt you look familiar , but now your a slider? Cool .

I'm on a lot of FearfestKarens videos for Wall of Monsters. But yes I am super super nervous for the slider position. I have seriously wanted that position ever since I started and I being the bendy and flexible doll girl last year had seemed to spark interest in the Haunt hiring staff. Right now I'm more excited about my costume since its being custom made to be more feminine ^_^

HA! thats so funny thats exactly where i saw you. I subscribed to her on youtube and have been watching her vids since I got this job. How funny. Do you know the wizard lizard? Anyway congrats on the new job as a slider thats really cool.

Guest PizzaBaby027

I just wanted to tell the one guy who says he works in the "Cemetery" this that Kings Island HR really does lack on having proper paperwork. I worked there a few years past and all the documents still listed Paramount parks, even my pay stubs. So when the paper says Cemetery they really mean just figure out where the closet attraction is and whatever it is will be yours lol!

I just wanted to tell the one guy who says he works in the "Cemetery" this that Kings Island HR really does lack on having proper paperwork. I worked there a few years past and all the documents still listed Paramount parks, even my pay stubs. So when the paper says Cemetery they really mean just figure out where the closet attraction is and whatever it is will be yours lol!

No, those papers (and the Haunt folks) are pretty specific on where they decide to place people. They're not about to go vague on their employees and expect them to automatically know where to go on their first rehearsal night, let alone a costume fitting (especially new monsters). Unless it was a typo/mishearing and he's actually in CornStalkers - as it takes the place of Cemetery Drive this year - then he's in a Cemetery-style attraction that's not listed on the site (much like the Coney Mall, Action Zone, and Rivertown "fear zones").

i just got told by Kings Island's Facebook page that Nightmare Alley is a Fear Zone not an Outdoor Maze

If Nightmare Alley is in fact a fear zone, why wouldn't they just label that on the website? Cause that's what Scarowinds did. Just sayin'.

They may still add to the site and change things around prior to the event opening. But at least now we have confirmation from the park that NA is the Planet Snoopy Fear Zone, much like Coney MAUL is to Coney MALL or Waste Land to Action Zone.

does anyone know where exactly na will be located in Planet Snoopy

Possibly the ENTIRETY of Planet Snoopy. Much like how in years past, a group of monsters would be in specific areas like Action Zone or Rivertown, apparently a yet-to-be-determined amount of monsters will be in the PS area.

Can someone tell me if The Beast will have the fog and wolf thing this year. Did not get to go last year and would like to see it.

yes its still there and its the Son of Beast

no, Vortex is referring to the animatronic? that was along side The Beast's track last season during haunt. they had fog machines around it and, i believe, red flood lights. also, wasn't it during the day they had a tarp over it so you couldn't see it except during haunt.

Can someone tell me if The Beast will have the fog and wolf thing this year. Did not get to go last year and would like to see it.

yes its still there and its the Son of Beast

no, Vortex is referring to the animatronic? that was along side The Beast's track last season during haunt. they had fog machines around it and, i believe, red flood lights. also, wasn't it during the day they had a tarp over it so you couldn't see it except during haunt.

Yes, and a tombstone next to it indicated that it was the son of The Beast (or that it was The Beast grieving over its son). I think that's what google13 meant.

Cant wait for nightmare alley , just wish we had a real graphic instead of the pic they have :(

I have no problem with NA having the picture instead of a graphic. In fact, I rather like that picture. :P

....I just realized something. There's no chainsaw finale scene to a haunted house this year. Where will the chainsaw-wielding maniacs go to NOW?!?!?!

Good question! I love chainsaws!

SATURDAYS OPEN 11AM - 1AM - The park opens at 11am with your favorite rides and attractions. All eight indoor mazes open at 5pm. The full Haunt experience begins at 7pm and continues until 1am on Saturdays thru Oct 29.

is it just me or is the "all eight indoor mazes open at 5 pm" a new thing this year? I dont ever remember them opening early

A couple of weeks into the season last year we started opening Slaughter House earlier than 7. I think it was 5:00, but I'm not 100% on that. IIRC there were a few other houses that opened along with us.

The last time haunts ever opened earlier than 7pm was way back in 2004 when the indoor houses (House of Darkness, Circus of Horrors, Maze of Madness, and Curse of the Crypt) opened at 3pm.

Nope, see above...

As of right now, the only parks with the new site are Kings Island, Carowinds, and Cedar Point. The rest share the old site with the Overlord as their marketing icon. Of which it kind of sounds like they may be dropping that character completely (I hope).

I liked the Overlord. That was a great costume.

Do you know the wizard lizard?

I know Wizard Lizard. In fact, Wizard Lizard once told me that I was the one responsible for him being called by that name! B)

I've started growing my goatee, and Sam is starting to emerge after a long hibernation. Sam's getting a little different look this year. All I'll say about that for now is I should be getting a package in the mail today that will really change the way Sam sees the world. :ph34r:

Only two weeks to go! (and one week until my trip to CP's Halloweekends!) I can't wait! :D