where will they place Holiday Horror?

carnEVIL is by the The Great Pumpkin Coaster

and according to everyone and the KI facebook page Nightmare Alley will be a Fear Zone in Planet Snoopy

i cant think of any other big buildings in Planet Snoopy

Holiday Horror is inside Peanuts Playhouse.

man, its been so long since ive been to Kings Island i cant remember whats there...

but i thought i saw somewhere that they had something in the theater, but it may be possible

are you talking about action theatre because that is where urgent scare is and they dont take that down just wondering

Guest TombraiderTy

I'm willing to bet that CarnEVIL will remain in Enchanted Theater, while Nightmare Alley (which the park has indeed said is a scare-zone) will cover the area around Flying Ace, Snoopy's Splash Dance and Peanuts Playhouse (aka the pathway from Rivertown to Holiday Horror). I could also imagine part/all of Nightmare Alley being on the pathway from Chick-fil-A towards Diamondback.

Either way, I'm curious what exactly the theme of Nightmare Alley will be and what type of props/effects will be used. Obviously anything too graphic or "scary" will need to be covered during the day, being in Planet Snoopy.

It may simply be the props from Cemetery Drive (giant graves, tombstones, and mausoleums) that could go over there, but a simple lighting and sound effect package would most definitely suffice for the area.

Here's a (rudimentary) sketch of what could be the area used for NA in PS:

mapski.jpg

Up until this year, the only portion of Kiddieland that's been used for the Haunt has been the path from Boo Blasters to Snoopy Grill, with a second entrance from Chick-fil-A/Showplace Theater (red path). Now with Peanuts Playhouse as a Haunt location, the path from Linus Launcher to Playhouse needs to be open to prevent a dead-end to that maze (blue path). As such, a path should connect the two together to offer up space for people and monsters to maneuver (purple path). It's up in the air if they only go around one side or completely circle around Splash Dance, though.

Well I just saw it while watching Cartoon Network and not much of it has changed. Anybody else see it? Post your thoughts of it here

Edited by Avatar
Merged this post with thi topic alresady going on discussing Haunt 2011

I just wanted to tell the one guy who says he works in the "Cemetery" this that Kings Island HR really does lack on having proper paperwork. I worked there a few years past and all the documents still listed Paramount parks, even my pay stubs. So when the paper says Cemetery they really mean just figure out where the closet attraction is and whatever it is will be yours lol!

ive been watching a lot of last years Haunt videos on FearFestKaren on youtube and i agree it looks like a lot of their costumes can be bought a bad costume shop. I bought a mask last year that cost $30 and compared to a lot of the maze costumes last year, my mask was much better for trick or treating. I cant really say anything about this years because im in Nightmare Alley and i havent gotten my costume yet.

ive been watching a lot of last years Haunt videos on FearFestKaren on youtube and i agree it looks like a lot of their costumes can be bought a bad costume shop. I bought a mask last year that cost $30 and compared to a lot of the maze costumes last year, my mask was much better for trick or treating. I cant really say anything about this years because im in Nightmare Alley and i havent gotten my costume yet.

Um... wow... Just the thing to post about your employer. Insulting their costumes will insure that you'll work Haunt for a long, long time... [/sarcasm] <_<

• Like 3

ARTICLE: http://masonbuzz.com...ights-monsters/

For the faint of heart, no worries. Dozens of KI’s most popular rides will be open, including many of its hair-raising roller coasters and WindSeeker thrill ride, along with other less heart attack-inducing rides such as the Zephyr, Scrambler, Monster, Dodgem and The Crypt.

A ride that is perfectly aligned in every way thematically to be the centerpiece of a Halloween celebration is listed among the likes of a yo-yo swing, a scrambler, and bumper cars... And to think there was a time it was easily the most marketable ride at Kings Island, and a different time when it was easily the most thrilling. Woof. What a toll 8 years can have on a $20-million dollar investment.

• Like 1

Um... wow... Just the thing to post about your employer. Insulting their costumes will insure that you'll work Haunt for a long, long time... [/sarcasm] <_<

i didnt insult them i just said the costumes looked cheap and i was comparing it to what stabbybuni said

and i agree with skywriter, it depends if your good at it

did you not see i also put for trick or treating? also i did say " I cant really say anything about this years costumes"

im not stupid i know they monitor the site, ive known that since ive join KICentral and i was also told in orientation that they read the posts

While I agree that the masks are a little less than desirable considering one can get almost the same one at a Party City, they are pretty high-quality masks with a lot of detail put into them. They also aren't cheap. A lot of the ones I remember seeing from the Haunt start at $50 at the minimum and go up from there(go to eMasks for a massive list of purchasable masks/costumes).

As for the costumes, they're all handmade from the Wardrobe shop themselves, and most of them are extremely well done and creative. The so-called "duct tape dress" stands out as it uses duct tape in a creative way and the whole build itself is gorgeous (not to mention it would go real well in a steampunk-themed fear zone).

But anyway, finally saw the commercial for this year's Haunt. Got to say I'm saddened that the Overlord is still the driving force behind the commercial; I really don't like that character let alone being the corporate icon for the entire Haunt chain (though Six Flags' strategy for grouping all of its Fright Fest locales onto one site isn't a bad idea).

• Like 1

^ Yeah, her and the first Bride walked out the first night of Haunt 2010. Got to work with them both the year prior and they were a riot to be around. The first duct tape girl just had twins not less than a month ago, and Bride #1 I believe is still at UC.

This reminds me (in the weirdest sort of way), KI should give out some construction photos of the two new mazes.

Remember its not the costume that scares the guest its the person behind the mask's creativity. I can scare people in normal clothes if I had to !

I've done elaborate costumes in my day, and can see that the wardrobe team at the park made the costumes for the Haunt well. There's a certain criteria for building costumes for such a large group of people that have to work in some very heavy conditions. I think they do a great job of costuming what? 500 people? on time and in budget.

It's foggy, it's dark, the right actor could wear brown paper and can gitcha with the right tude.

I didn't see Duct tape girl. Now I'm curious.

^ Yeah, her and the first Bride walked out the first night of Haunt 2010. Got to work with them both the year prior and they were a riot to be around. The first duct tape girl just had twins not less than a month ago, and Bride #1 I believe is still at UC.

This reminds me (in the weirdest sort of way), KI should give out some construction photos of the two new mazes.

Yup I'm still sort of friends with her lol.

IDK if you remember me or not lol. I was the kid with Ingrid and Kayla almost every Friday night during haunt last year.