Ah, Home for The Holidays. There's videos of it still up on YouTube.

Still, I'm betting this will be a tongue-in-cheek/dark comedy house, which is something they most desperately need to offset the super-serious tones the rest of the event has to offer (CarnEvil notwithstanding). I'm surprised as it is that they didn't pick a theme that screams blood and gore, like an attraction mimicking the SAW or Hostel films. That said, there's still one more maze left to announce, so I'm not set to jinx myself just yet.

*crosses fingers for Doll/Toy Factory maze*

I know for a fact that Death Row and Trail of Terror are the two houses that they took out this year.

They did add two new houses this year, Holiday World, and Fear Zone.

I can see the advertising now...

"New for Halloween Haunt 2012: Holiday World! Brace yourself for a trail unlike any other... where a friendly Hoosier family hands you pop at no additional costs around every turn! And beware the coasters, where you may not find yourself slowing halfway through the course... Only at Kings Island's Halloween Haunt! Heh heh heh heh..."

• Like 1

nightmare alley sounds like it should be where Backlot Stunt Coaster is.. because wouldnt a backlot be off of an alley?

Except that's a main pathway that a lot of guests traverse normally, specifically mingling around the Three-Point Shootout game. They can't necessarily have a fear zone set up on that type of path because then you run into the families who complain about their kids getting scared because they felt as if they were forced to go through to get to an attraction (ie: Backlot). That's the reason why CornStalkers remained in its place at Timberwolf even after they re-opened the path from the Floral Clock to Rivertown; it's a main access path connecting International Street to Rivertown that gets a lot of foot traffic.

Just a little note i thought about i would like to share is that if u noticed on the two tweets that they put up the one said Unscramble these 14 letters to get the name of one of our new attractions this fall at Halloween Haunt: YNATEGLIRELAHM and Unscramble these 13 letters to get the name of one of our new mazes this fall at Halloween Haunt: RLHOYAROIRDHO if you notice one say to get the name of one of our new mazes and the other says one of our new attractions so i think its safe to say that holiday horror is a maze and nightmare alley is the new fear zone. let me know what u think or if im wrong :)

nightmare alley sounds like it should be where Backlot Stunt Coaster is.. because wouldnt a backlot be off of an alley?

Except that's a main pathway that a lot of guests traverse normally, specifically mingling around the Three-Point Shootout game. They can't necessarily have a fear zone set up on that type of path because then you run into the families who complain about their kids getting scared because they felt as if they were forced to go through to get to an attraction (ie: Backlot). That's the reason why CornStalkers remained in its place at Timberwolf even after they re-opened the path from the Floral Clock to Rivertown; it's a main access path connecting International Street to Rivertown that gets a lot of foot traffic.

It was said more tongue in cheek, then in all seriousness.

^ Seems a bit early for them to be decking the halls, but then again, people get ready for the holidays earlier and earlier I suppose...

I can't comment on the Peanuts Playhouse but they are indeed beginning to set up already, even if it's just a little bit. I was there Friday and they have Tombstones outside of the entrance and the black curtain type things were being hung up in the Tower Gardens for the Cemetary haunt.

I would like to see Kings Island add the lasers along the path that I see at Cedar Point in Frontier Town I believe.Those, along with fog can really mess with your mind.

me and my friend would inhale the fog and lift our heads and quickley exhale and it looked so cool, and some girls asked us if we worked there :3

I would like to see Kings Island add the lasers along the path that I see at Cedar Point in Frontier Town I believe.Those, along with fog can really mess with your mind.

me and my friend would inhale the fog and lift our heads and quickley exhale and it looked so cool, and some girls asked us if we worked there :3

please dont inhale the fog, it's not healthy & kills brain cells. if you want to achieve a neat factor, stand in the trail of the fog for a few seconds & then rapidly move out of it as to let the fog roll off of your clothes, but dont inhale it; thats just plain dumb...

• Like 1

please dont inhale the fog, it's not healthy & kills brain cells. if you want to achieve a neat factor, stand in the trail of the fog for a few seconds & then rapidly move out of it as to let the fog roll off of your clothes, but dont inhale it; thats just plain dumb...

^ Proof? I don't think that they would produce fog with health risks, especially as popular as fake fog is at laser tag arenas, amusement parks, etc.

Kings Dominion's Haunt site is now up. An interesting thing to note is that they are showing Elvira's Superstition this year. Have they done this at all during the past few years? It would be nice if it was coming back to Kings Island as well.

Really, this is lose-lose.

If they DO charge them to enter the trail ($5 or, God forbid, more), people will feel cheated and nickel-and-dimed. After all, the treats were free last year, and they didn't necessarily ask to see the dinosaurs.

If they DON'T charge, then why the hell did I have to a few weeks ago? That just isn't fair, is it? And what if I don't have kids - could I still enter the trick-or-treat trail for free just to see the dinosaurs?

Then again, perhaps they'll just move two or three of the smaller dinos (like the one by the fountain or near the DA gift shop) over to the picnic grove for a bit.