No Logo on Flight Deck?

HWBeast1039

A few days ago I noticed that the stickers/decals on the Flight Deck trains have been removed. You can clearly see the outline of the where the logo used to be. One of the trains just says "Kings Island" and the other train doesn't have anything. The flooring where you put your feet is torn up very badly. This could mean that they are getting the trains ready to be shipped to another park and get new floorless trains. I really don't want this to happen. I don't consider the Vampire at Chessington to be an Arrow suspended coaster anymore because they got those Vekoma trains. The Vekoma trains don't swing very much and cause a lot of head banging. Do you think it would be good for FD to get new trains? Or do you like the classics?

It is a suspended coaster, known for swinging. It would not be fun if it was floorless...they could just take down the ride instead of switching the trains....

Yes. I don't want theme to tear it down, but I would much rather put it out of its misery that to put those rough trains on it.

It is a suspended coaster, known for swinging. It would not be fun if it was floorless...they could just take down the ride instead of switching the trains....

While I don't think a removed sticker that was already peeling pretty badly as evidence of new trains, I wouldn't mind them. It could be marketed nicely as "NOW FLOORLESS" and inject some new life into the ride. A lot of people have been asking for new life to injected through the ride, and this is probably the most realistic and worthwhile way to do that... Better than a fog machine or a ride soundtrack (how do you market that?)

The Vekoma trains do swing, but I haven't ridden them so I can't comment on which is better or more comfortable. Have you? Besides, it's been 10 years since the Vampire opened with those trains. They could have been greatly innovated upon, perhaps even with over-the-shoulder lap bars like WindSeeker. Depends on what Cedar Fair is willing to pay...

i think they know whats best for guests and the ride and i think this is a good sign...

The fact that the train doesn't have a logo on it and that the flooring is torn up is a good sign? After all, that's all that we know... The fact that that has somehow made the leap to multi-million dollar Vekoma floorless trains is all conjecture.

Possible? Sure. But this is exactly how people end up disappointed on this site. We notice that a sticker has been peeled off of a train, and within an hour some are complaining and some are deliriously happy about the new Vekoma trains. Uh... What? Slow down folks!

i think they know whats best for guests and the ride and i think this is a good sign...

The fact that the train doesn't have a logo on it and that the flooring is torn up is a good sign? After all, that's all that we know... The fact that that has somehow made the leap to multi-million dollar Vekoma floorless trains is all conjecture.

Possible? Sure. But this is exactly how people end up disappointed on this site. We notice that a sticker has been peeled off of a train, and within an hour some are complaining and some are deliriously happy about the new Vekoma trains. Uh... What? Slow down folks!

it could be the trains getting painted and fixed up some. or new trains but im pretty sure it will be open next year. (hint: repainted, added "runway", and model planes.

possibly going back to paramount naming and "special effects" for the rides?

Of all the rides worth paying for the licensing rights to, Flight Deck is pretty much dead last. Rides like Backlot Stunt Coaster and The Crypt would actually be improved by regaining their references to Italian Job and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.

Flight Deck / Top Gun would be pretty much the exact same ride even if it were named Poo Poo Coaster 2004 (not that I'm insinuating that it's poo poo). Flight Deck is probably the worst name on record (why couldn't it just be "Afterburn" like Carowind's Top Gun?), but again, I think this is being read into a little too much. Really.

possibly going back to paramount naming and "special effects" for the rides?

Of all the rides worth paying for the licensing rights to, Flight Deck is pretty much dead last. Rides like Backlot Stunt Coaster and The Crypt would actually be improved by regaining their references to Italian Job and Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.

Flight Deck / Top Gun would be pretty much the exact same ride even if it were named Poo Poo Coaster 2004 (not that I'm insinuating that it's poo poo). Flight Deck is probably the worst name on record (why couldn't it just be "Afterburn" like Carowind's Top Gun?), but again, I think this is being read into a little too much. Really.

i would say as of right now i would say Invertigo is last. because small amount of work has went into Flight Deck this year.

off topic here real quick but does anyone know why the doors were taken off of Backlot?

Only problem I have with the ride is that it takes longer to walk to it than it does to ride it...what is it, 1:50 or so? And, if you do take the walk, and there is a line, you are already pot committed. Great ride, fun ride, just so short.

That said, the work they did on it this season tells me that it isn't going anywhere. Cars are in fine shape, IMO. There is just a gaping hole in that section of the park that needs to be filled one way or another.

^ I've never been on the Vekoma trains either, but just from looking at them, they are not the same as the FAAC one. Compare Vampire to FAAC... The Vampire trains are mid-swing, whereas the FAAC train is perpendicular to the track, i.e., hang straight down from it.

Yes, I definitely do see the difference. I still like arrow trains because of the classic feel of Arrow's suspended coaster. I think the floorless trains would be good on Iron Dragon, because that thing needs something to make it have an ounce of thrill. Flight Deck is thrilling as it is, so I don't think it needs the Vekoma trains. I would like to see them on the Iron Dragon, though.

As much as I love the ****pit feel of the ride, if they were to remove it and change it to floorless/boundless, I would be thrilled to ride it.

The ride is just a little too cramped for me to marathon it, but if I could have the leg room I would marathon it 10 times in a row.