No Logo on Flight Deck?

HWBeast1039

Did Flight Deck (Top Gun..) ever have floorless trains before? My parents seem to think it did at one point...

No, but The Bat had like the exact same floorless cars as vampire.

Tis what I thought! Thanks! biggrin.gif

Bat & TG did not have those cars.

http://www.KICentral...?album=1&pos=40

As you can see in that pic, the brakes were located under the car (thus floorless could not be accomplished). The brake placement, along with a number of other issues, led to Bat's demise.

Unless there was something seriously wrong with the trains that happened this season, then they arnt likely to change the trains mid-season.,They would wait till off season to do so. That was they could do one of those "we have a big surprise coming next season" like they did with dback and the dinos.

Whoa, you guys read way too much into stuff. The decals they put on that train are cheap. They peel off at least once a season. It's the park being cheap, that's all. After all, they just painted the thing... why would they tear it down or move it?

Didn't they repaint KC like 2-3 years before they removed it?

I thought Flight Deck looked a lot nicer with the red and grey paint scheme. And it would be supporting a certain team. rolleyes.gif

Hhmm, I wonder what team that is?? ;)

I heard that FD's new paintjob was actually paid for by selling autographed park memorabilia, a clear violation of IIAPA bylaws. B)

Remember how everyone breathed a sigh of relief when Universal did Harry Potter "right," with many going so far as to say they were happy that the deal had fallen through with Disney? Universal, many said, did even better than Disney might've given the same boundaries.

Can you imagine if some seasonal regional park in Ohio had a brown roller coaster named after Harry Potter? They'd send the dementors after us. Really.

Yeah I guess it would be a bad idea, the park would be packed full every single day after that. Think about it, 2 hour wait lines for every coaster.

I was thinking more along the lines of outrage from the Harry Potter fans that any roller coaster could be painted brown and slapped with a Harry Potter name.

Yeah I guess it would be a bad idea, the park would be packed full every single day after that. Think about it, 2 hour wait lines for every coaster.

I was thinking more along the lines of outrage from the Harry Potter fans that any roller coaster could be painted brown and slapped with a Harry Potter name.

You would have to remove the cokpit style borders of the cars and make it floorless of course. If you're not a superfan of roller coasters and worship them and their developers, I doubt there would be any trouble from fans as long as you show an effort with the changes listed.

Whoa, you guys read way too much into stuff. The decals they put on that train are cheap. They peel off at least once a season. It's the park being cheap, that's all. After all, they just painted the thing... why would they tear it down or move it?

I don't think it's them "being cheap", I think it's them not bothering to invest in something that the park's valued guests will have destroyed by its first day of operation for the season.

Really? Distinguish, please, Disneyland, Universal, or even an urban park like Six Flags' Great America, Great Adventure, Magic Mountain or Over Georgia. Doesn't seem to be an issue to the same extent at those parks.

I have seen the same things numerous times at the SF parks on a number of occaisions.

Disney & Universal?- not so much as they use more engravings than decals.

didnt see if anyone else mentioned this but today i noticed a model fighter plane and military type netting in the que before you go up the stairs to the ride. Between the paint job, this, and the aircraft landing strip its nice to see them trying to breath more life into it. see it doesnt take too much to make us happy :-)